onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Amoros over Grant

smithie

Have we seen enough of Amoros to think he can step in if Grant leaves in January?

Personally I think he can more than hold his own at League 1 level.

1. He's not a walking yellow card.

2. He keeps attacks moving rather than slowing the pace.

3. He doesn't do that risky stuff that Grant does.

4. He's young, & may develop further & fetch us a decent trasfer fee one day.

5. He's better looking than Grant.

Should Grant walk back in after his latest suspension, or can Seb hold the shirt?

What do other Valiants think?

Advert

I'm bored of Grant slowing games down and playing backwards or sideways far too much. Amoros has showed promise in the games I've seen him play. Also Taylor would be far superior than Grant in centre midfield if/when Purkiss returns. Purkiss would also give some much needed height defending corners!

Having said all that, Grant is a solid player and we do look better defensively when he plays. He would be a loss to the squad but I don't think he should be an automatic first choice in the team every week.

I really thingpk Taylor is wasted at full back and really should be playing in midfield. Why not give Dan Turner a chance at right back it has worked with Smith and Streete.

Amoros could develop into a better player than Grant in midfield. When is Norman going to extend Streetes contract. We could lose him and Smith and be back to square one in January.

I really thingpk Taylor is wasted at full back and really should be playing in midfield. Why not give Dan Turner a chance at right back it has worked with Smith and Streete.

Amoros could develop into a better player than Grant in midfield. When is Norman going to extend Streetes contract. We could lose him and Smith and be back to square one in January.

Taylor is a full back or wide midfield not centre mid and I'm guessing you mean gibbons as turner is the forward. Personally we already have an extremely young back 4 and imo the experience of Taylor is much needed there. Although gibbons has impressed when I've seen him.

Has Taylor ever played midfield before ? can only recall him playing out wide or full back.

Personally iv'e been impressed with the french lads so far , De freitas looks a real tidy player and Amoros seems comfortable in his position and as for Pereira i think a run of games in the side should give him the chance to show his quality , There's definitely a player there

Grant's form reminds me of Griff when he came back . Made the big challenges but far to often slowed down the pace of the game with his awkward passing.

Absolutely not a patch on Grant, hate it when we pillory players who were big favourites. Grant has paid the price for his idiotic behaviour but should be back in the team. Amoros is tidy but that is it so far, work in progress. The walking yellow comment i can see to a point, however there is absolutely no question refs know of Grant and are itching to get the card out. Before he joined us i think he had upwards of 15 yellows at Crewe. A case in point was the yellow at MK where the ref clearly only carded him based on previous knowledge. Maybe a third of his yellows are questionable and i guess a lot are for repeat fouls, he is certainly no dirty hatchet man.

Grant must come back into the team against Walsall simple as.....

Did Amoros play against Northampton? I can't remember seeing him.

Are you for real? He was one of the best players on the pitch IMHO. At one point in particular he played a beautiful ball across the pitch to (I think) Kelly which grant couldn't have done in 100 attempts. A lot of what he does goes under the radar.

I think he offers us so much more in terms of turning defence into attack quickly than grant does, as he doesn't hold onto the ball and either lose possession or draw the foul like grant does (which allows them to regroup).

My problem with grant as well as the above is that he's a defensive midfielder but when he plays all of our play seems to be through him. His sole job should be to win the ball and then lay it off very quickly to a team mate who would then look forward. That's it. He tries to do so much more which in my view does for us as an attacking unit (as we've seen all season).

Maybe the solution is to play them both together, with seb given the creative licence and grant the horrible role only?

Did Amoros play against Northampton? I can't remember seeing him.

You obviously didn't go to the game. Along with Kiko and Alnwick he was our best player. He kept the game moving, splayed some lovely positive passes around and broke up play. I equally like Grant but prior to his suspension his head and heart were not in the right place. It is clear he doesn't want to play for the Vale. Sell him in January make a little bit of money. I would wish him well but Amoros is the guy for the present and the future.

Are you for real? He was one of the best players on the pitch IMHO. At one point in particular he played a beautiful ball across the pitch to (I think) Kelly which grant couldn't have done in 100 attempts. A lot of what he does goes under the radar.

I think he offers us so much more in terms of turning defence into attack quickly than grant does, as he doesn't hold onto the ball and either lose possession or draw the foul like grant does (which allows them to regroup).

My problem with grant as well as the above is that he's a defensive midfielder but when he plays all of our play seems to be through him. His sole job should be to win the ball and then lay it off very quickly to a team mate who would then look forward. That's it. He tries to do so much more which in my view does for us as an attacking unit (as we've seen all season).

Maybe the solution is to play them both together, with seb given the creative licence and grant the horrible role only?

Your problem is that he is a defensive midfielder? Every team needs one, Makelele the main main at Chelsea in their hey day, likewise Kante at Leicester. His job is to break up the play and get a foot in, do the ugly stuff, considering Grant doesn,t want to play for Vale he certainly showed ( over the top ) passion against Fleetwood. Not excusing him but i still maintain the woman linesperson cacked herself and didn,t want to get involved, she could easily have intervened, clearly on the video in a state of limbo not having a clue.

Realistically how much would we get for him ? 50 K maybe maximum given the fact his contract is up. Grant has been one of the shining lights of the last 18 months and is now re-viled for one idiotic episode. I hope he does a Morsy and goes on to better things while we meander along.

Two very different players, I think Amoros does the job he's asked to in that defensive midfield role quietlely and effectively, Grant is a great player but takes too much on and wants to be the star of the show far too often which can be detrimental sometimes. I do like Grant but if he wants to go and we can get a fee then so be it, he can be replaced and I think Amoros will be a good if different replacement.

Archived