onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Amoros over Grant

smithie

Im going say what i think here ans some fans wont like it but its my opinion .

Anthony Grant has started the last two seasons tremendously but after say for example the game v Wigan last season he scored he was terrific u very rarely c a good all round performance from him .

Up until the Millwall game this season he once again was terrific but u sensed a careless couldnt care less types of performances since ,whatever happened after that game needs to be brought out in the open as something happened behind the scenes as performances since then have not been good enough bar the last two which i think have mainly been excellent bar individual carelessness.

So am i Grant fan ,yes when he can be bothered but if he cannot u can tell big style .

We have moved the ball beautifully the last few games with Amoros and Defreitas and Tavares in a more advanced role with Grant in the team ive never seen him set up a goal that says it all really but then if his job his to protect Smith and Streete where was the protecting v Sheffield Utd ,Bolton ,Oxford Charlton at home etc ,these teams were virtually having far to many opportunities score .

So im sorry if he doesnt want play for us then GO and go as soon as ,that applies for any other player also .

We r in a sticky position and the sending off v Fleetwood and what occured after were laughable but i feel in his absence we have played better and it wont be long till we string a few wins together on the bounce.

Advert

Spoke to Grant after the game Saturday. Pleasant chap. I get the feeling he's been offered nothing due to being one of the remaining players on the pre 50% reduction stance. The same goes for Streete.

The public slamming by Smurthwaite on his own player signals he'l hide behind that for his non contract and save himself some money. Streete will be gone end of season as if contract negotiations are left too late, he'l just wait and see what's out there on offer.

It looks like Grant will go and he has had a mixed few months, being of no use at all to us in the stand.

However he is a very good defensive midfielder and proven decent quality at this level over 6-8 years.

You can't compare him to Amoros who is an entirely different type of player and only started about 5 games in L1.in his life.

Results this season without Grant ( League games )

Cov 0-2

Charlton 0-2

Oldham 2-2

Shrews 0-0

Cobblers 2-3

Yes we played ok on saturday, but where does the'in his absence we have played better ' apply in any of the other 4 games ?

Coventry Shrews appalling, Charlton dire, Oldham not bad 2nd half.

He was mis-advised by his agent at the start of the season to request a transfer, i don,t buy this his heart isn,t in it.

Have people got concrete proof about his attitude on and off the pitch or just summising ?

As Valeblue says he was in the club shop being professional and has such a bad attitude that he was sat in the away end at Charlton !!

Granty is the most gifted player on the books but also the complete enigma.

Like most people in life you look after number one and whoever he is playing for he has & will give 100%. Can anyone really say he is not bothered or not trying to win a football game. Its that full on approach that gets him into trouble.

I think Amoros will improve with experience but at the moment it is a no brainer.

One of them loves playing for the club and the other obviously doesn't want to be at the club. For me it's a no brainer. Amoros will also improve and get better the more he plays, as is the case with De Freitas and Pereira. These guys along with Cicilia are very much the future of the club.

One of them loves playing for the club and the other obviously doesn't want to be at the club. For me it's a no brainer. Amoros will also improve and get better the more he plays, as is the case with De Freitas and Pereira. These guys along with Cicilia are very much the future of the club.

Still can't fathom out why people think Grant does not want to be at the club.?

Archived