onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Amoros over Grant

smithie

Your problem is that he is a defensive midfielder? Every team needs one, Makelele the main main at Chelsea in their hey day, likewise Kante at Leicester. His job is to break up the play and get a foot in, do the ugly stuff, considering Grant doesn,t want to play for Vale he certainly showed ( over the top ) passion against Fleetwood. Not excusing him but i still maintain the woman linesperson cacked herself and didn,t want to get involved, she could easily have intervened, clearly on the video in a state of limbo not having a clue.

Realistically how much would we get for him ? 50 K maybe maximum given the fact his contract is up. Grant has been one of the shining lights of the last 18 months and is now re-viled for one idiotic episode. I hope he does a Morsy and goes on to better things while we meander along.

He's a really good player yeah, one of our best, but he can be frustrating at times, & his disciplinary record is a massive blemish on his profile. I'll be glad to get him back soon but can't help but think his career at Vale is maybe coming to an end in the next 6-12 months, if not sooner.

Amoros is 21 & obviously is not at the same level yet, but for someone who has only played in 11 games in England & 34 elsewhere, is showing real promise. He was quality on Saturday too.

As for the final comment, I can't understand why any Vale fan would want us to 'meander along', whilst wanting a player who's only been here 18 months to thrive elsewhere.

Advert

My guess is that Grant will return for the Walsall game.

I expect him to be first choice while at the club.

I love Amoros and see a highly efficient and effective young player, who largely keeps it very simple.

It turns on experience.

We need experience and Grant is one of a very small number who have this commodity.

He's also a very good player!

Amoros time will come.

Your problem is that he is a defensive midfielder? Every team needs one, Makelele the main main at Chelsea in their hey day, likewise Kante at Leicester. His job is to break up the play and get a foot in, do the ugly stuff, considering Grant doesn,t want to play for Vale he certainly showed ( over the top ) passion against Fleetwood. Not excusing him but i still maintain the woman linesperson cacked herself and didn,t want to get involved, she could easily have intervened, clearly on the video in a state of limbo not having a clue.

Realistically how much would we get for him ? 50 K maybe maximum given the fact his contract is up. Grant has been one of the shining lights of the last 18 months and is now re-viled for one idiotic episode. I hope he does a Morsy and goes on to better things while we meander along.

You've seemed to completely miss everything the poster was saying.... nobody is complaining that he's a defensive mid. Nobody. The argument is is that grant generally slows the play down taking multiple touches on the ball and as mentioned when he plays a lot of our play comes from him instead of him doing the job of a defensive mid of winning it and moving it on. He's a class player but his disciplinary record is woeful, if his mind is in the right place and we're looking to keep him then I'd bring him back into the side when available. If not I'm more than happy for the midfield 3 were have out there at the moment to continue. As for amaros, he looks to have some real class about him and will only improve. If grant does return to the side I hope it's not in place of amaros. Your last comment is just very very odd. Why would you want one of our better players to get something 'better' and for us to 'meander' along. Strange.

It was said tongue firmly in cheek, of course i don,t want to meander along. It just appears a lets pick on Grant period though yes a lot of the posters are praising him. Sometimes in life and not just Football you don,t know what you had until it's gone.

I am going off Tangent a touch but Dodds is a case in point, reviled by many, already got 6 goals in a woeful team yet was one of the most slagged off players on this forum. Guaranteed every year a minimum of 6 to 10 goals, this season we have 1 goal from midfield if we use the premise that Jones is actually a striker.

If anything Grant should replace Tavares , he is a slightly different animal ( no pun intended ) to Amoros whereas Tavares is a sideways plodder also with a poor disciplinary record.

It was said tongue firmly in cheek, of course i don,t want to meander along. It just appears a lets pick on Grant period though yes a lot of the posters are praising him. Sometimes in life and not just Football you don,t know what you had until it's gone.

I am going off Tangent a touch but Dodds is a case in point, reviled by many, already got 6 goals in a woeful team yet was one of the most slagged off players on this forum. Guaranteed every year a minimum of 6 to 10 goals, this season we have 1 goal from midfield if we use the premise that Jones is actually a striker.

If anything Grant should replace Tavares , he is a slightly different animal ( no pun intended ) to Amoros whereas Tavares is a sideways plodder also with a poor disciplinary record.

I'd had it with Tavares, but think he has looked a very good player in the last two home games.

Much quicker. Further forward seems to suit him better.

Grant has an excellent knack of making last ditch challenges to break down opposition attacks. Without him I think it's fair to say we are more vulnerable.

It's no coincidence that throughout the season we've failed to gain 3 pts when Grant's been missing from the team. We have however managed to overturn lg 2 Hartlepool in the cup with his absence.

Two very different players, I think Amoros does the job he's asked to in that defensive midfield role quietlely and effectively, Grant is a great player but takes too much on and wants to be the star of the show far too often which can be detrimental sometimes. I do like Grant but if he wants to go and we can get a fee then so be it, he can be replaced and I think Amoros will be a good if different replacement.

A fee for him in January put towards purchasing Jones would be good business.

Grant is a class act and Amoros on limited performances to date also looks a quality player. I am not convinced they could play together unless trying to provide double cover for the defence away from home. My view is that Grant wants to go and I think that will be in January in which case now is the time to settle Seb into a the team.

Archived