onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Northampton T

Fosse69

football at any level, scoring more goals than the opposition win games, luck plays a major part, skill endeavour commitment passion confidence and shots on target helps to improve the luck ratio in your favour, thought because our lack of shots on target and working there keeper was our biggest failure .Northampton season a bit like ours and like a good few teams in this league bit up and down, think we have improved and some of the younger members of the squad are starting to show the ability is there. you win games you should have lost, lose games you should have won, that's football,go and watch a football match first sometimes the opposition play some good stuff and are better on the day,its easy to be negative and blame manager player for a bad day at the office. I'am sure none of the player go on that pitch with any intention of losing or having a bad game. so what I'am trying to say in a roundabout way is a bit more positive thinking, the Vales been in a dark place for the past 15 years. our chairman got of to a bit of a bad start and as made many mistakes in his 1st years of a football club owner, but I think he wants to succeed and put the Vale in a more stable position. its his money he is trying a different approach with Bruno and some young foreign player, we need some stability first after all the years of turmoil. the call from some Bruno out Smurf out lets give our chairman and management team time.I would personally would like the chairman to work with the supporters club to try and mend some of the broken bridges with some supporters, as I've said many times on this forum we have a greater chance of success if we all pull together, like all Vale supporters I want success. keep the faith. U.T.Vale.

Stop talking sense Pete,the football experts will be all over you.

Great post.

Advert

How can you say that page out thought bruno 2 goals from set pieces the other when remi went upfront to try score there third came from 2 deflections that could have gone to vale players but dropped both times to them.As for winning the toss and disrupting us wot a load of tosh nobody was in the bycars last week how did we go on just remind me please.Page made us a fast attacking i think not he played a winger who would not take the full back on who let purkiss do that he also played 2 centre back all season who were slow and not a football brain amongst them they are really doing well with there respective clubs this year look at the tables.The only thing i agree with is i would have richards back in a shot he would help reg no end we have some very good young players at the vale at the moment who can only improve keep the faith up the vale.

Oh dear. Yet we were 3 points better off at this stage last season and also had higher gates, even though the current manager has more backing (both financially and supportively) than Page had in his last 12 months.

Oh dear. Yet we were 3 points better off at this stage last season and also had higher gates, even though the current manager has more backing (both financially and supportively) than Page had in his last 12 months.

we will see at the end of the season where the respective teams finish in the league i know that when we get our players back fit and firing it will be a far better team than page give us.

Come on LT, Vale didn't win promo at a canter it came down to a bit of a nail biter at the end and a fantastic away win at Yeovil if my memory serves me right. Rob Page inherited a team who'd made a dire start to the season and were at or near the botton of Lge 1, he turned the situation around admirably...

I'll try again - Page inherited a NORTHAMPTON team that won promotion at a canter, and carried that momentum into the first few games in this League...QUOTE]

We had a team which finished 12 last season, bit of fine tuning was all that was needed to progress. We have gone backwards and will be lucky to avoid a relegation battle this season.

Except, this far into the season you can't know that we will do worse! Some think we will, I think we will do better than 12th!

The worrying thing for me is most of us ( me included ) have been championing Alnwick, Smith, Streete, Kiko ( recently) , yet we are leaking goals at an alarming rate and have the 5th worst goals conceded in the division.

Since the Coventry abomination our home form is W 1 D 3 L 2 , I felt Saturday was as well as we have played for a while but did we really test their keeper much ?

Big causes for concern for me and the Chesterfield and Oldham games are increasingly significant over the crimbo period as we can forget the higher echelons as the gap is steadily increasing plus one or two teams have games in hand also.

How can you say that page out thought bruno 2 goals from set pieces the other when remi went upfront to try score there third came from 2 deflections that could have gone to vale players but dropped both times to them.As for winning the toss and disrupting us wot a load of tosh nobody was in the bycars last week how did we go on just remind me please.Page made us a fast attacking i think not he played a winger who would not take the full back on who let purkiss do that he also played 2 centre back all season who were slow and not a football brain amongst them they are really doing well with there respective clubs this year look at the tables.The only thing i agree with is i would have richards back in a shot he would help reg no end we have some very good young players at the vale at the moment who can only improve keep the faith up the vale.

The result on Saturday proves my argument QED. As for the toss/change of ends point;it was classic disrupt--how many times do we not play toward the Bycars end second half? Just a small point I agree, but indicative of how Page was determined to get a result and whatever you say, he succeeded! If you think I'm arguing for a return to Page--I'm not, but IMO Bruno naturally still has a lot to learn about the game in EFL league One.

Disappointing result given that was the best I've seen us play going forward this season I think.

But you shouldn't have to score 4 goals to win a game. I counted 10 clear cut chances they had to score. When we give the opposition a chance, it's usually an excellent opportunity. All 3 goals they scored were preventable and the first two were down to individual mistakes which has happened a lot this season. I can't work out why. When you have a look at the back four and Alnwick I think there is good quality there. I would say one of the problems in the current team is Jones and Kelly don't give good cover from the wings. Jones is a striker by trade, he doesn't have the natural instinct to track back to the edge of his area or stick a tackle in on someone. Kelly hasn't never been one to cover his man either. There's also a lot of goals coming off set pieces. Are we zonal marking? If so, then that's probably why.

Am i missing something here ? The bycars is not the equivalent of the Kop or the Stretford end, it is hardly like the Bycars roar terrifies the opposition or sucks the ball in the net. I should know as i sit there and it is full of moaning minnies in their 70's harping on about Rudge or Gordon Lee.

The change round at kick off had absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the result, would love to see stats on results when this has been the case , doubtless some nerd may have them.

We lost as we are incapable of defending properly at either end

Am i missing something here ? The bycars is not the equivalent of the Kop or the Stretford end, it is hardly like the Bycars roar terrifies the opposition or sucks the ball in the net. I should know as i sit there and it is full of moaning minnies in their 70's harping on about Rudge or Gordon Lee.

The change round at kick off had absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the result, would love to see stats on results when this has been the case , doubtless some nerd may have them.

We lost as we are incapable of defending properly at either end

It's true, it's no advantage as far as I can see and hasn't been for many years.

Mind you thank God we're not like the Kop these days - it seems to be full of Japanese tourists with mobile phones and meek-as-a-mouse day-trippers at their annual fixture.

Archived