onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Northampton T

Fosse69

Advert

Another goldfish moment, Paul? there was nothing irrelevant or waffled - you just admitted skipreading it...by irrelevant you mean it was a different opinion to yours - a sure sign of self-delusion?...oh - and my posts are never tatally or irreloevant! Silly ****!!!

What had Leicester City got to do or the other rubbish youn posted with anything in my post to which you replied. Give over.

Complete tripe, Page was re-signing a load of players who ended up leaving and are now struggling in league two let alone league one. Nothing like making up a load of nonsense to try and cover up your hypocritical and daft post. The fact you have used so many ifs, buts and maybes pretty much sums your points up to a tee. Page would have released smith and streete, duffy would have stayed and we would be bottom 4. Thank god he left.

You're as stupid as stupid gets, you obvioussly don't understand a jot of what took place in June and July.

The worrying thing for me is most of us ( me included ) have been championing Alnwick, Smith, Streete, Kiko ( recently) , yet we are leaking goals at an alarming rate and have the 5th worst goals conceded in the division.

Since the Coventry abomination our home form is W 1 D 3 L 2 , I felt Saturday was as well as we have played for a while but did we really test their keeper much ?

Big causes for concern for me and the Chesterfield and Oldham games are increasingly significant over the crimbo period as we can forget the higher echelons as the gap is steadily increasing plus one or two teams have games in hand also.

Our back 4 and keeper are great as you say but we seem to concede a lot of silly goals that are easily preventable and have done for a while. At the start of the season silly errors or poor marking off set plays weren't happening.

Our back 4 and keeper are great as you say but we seem to concede a lot of silly goals that are easily preventable and have done for a while. At the start of the season silly errors or poor marking off set plays weren't happening.

Our defence individually I'm happy with, all much better players & I'd take this season's defence over last hands down, but the organisation at times is lacking & the amount of silly goals given away is ridiculous (at times just like last season), agreed.

Unsure what has happened since the start of the season as we looked really solid.

Our defence individually I'm happy with, all much better players & I'd take this season's defence over last hands down, but the organisation at times is lacking & the amount of silly goals given away is ridiculous (at times just like last season), agreed.

Unsure what has happened since the start of the season as we looked really solid.

As a unit they're still learning and as I've commented on before, height (or the lack of it) isn't helping, nor is the tendency to zonal mark rather than marking an opposition player--take a look at how we conceeded the two goals from set-pieces on Saturday to see what I mean.

As a unit they're still learning and as I've commented on before, height (or the lack of it) isn't helping, nor is the tendency to zonal mark rather than marking an opposition player--take a look at how we conceeded the two goals from set-pieces on Saturday to see what I mean.

Oh yeah I get that, I'm happy moving forward with them, the centre partnership is very young too so probably one of the main reasons for conceding with them learning the game & each other. As for height, we see with Smith a lot of the time that it doesn't seem a problem, as in many cases aggression beats height, but it's not the same for all 4 I suppose.

Just seems odd the really good initial form faded away though, as we seemed really tight.

I'm not a fan of zonal marking and it certainly doesn't work for us at present.Ok,the ball fell for them for the second and third goals but the first two from corners were down to basic marking.On top of that Revell missed a real sitter first half when he was completely unmarked from another corner.

I'm not a fan of zonal marking and it certainly doesn't work for us at present.Ok,the ball fell for them for the second and third goals but the first two from corners were down to basic marking.On top of that Revell missed a real sitter first half when he was completely unmarked from another corner.

Spot-on!

just a thought,if players never made mistakes on the pitch, we would end up with a lot of nil nil draws,supporters view games as a supporter of there team, not as a neutral,when we concede its bad defending not good attacking play and same the other end, bad approach play not good cover defending. its was a good game Saturday and Northampton played there part,we showed a lot of commitment and desire to win the game and players were as dejected as most of us. but the win on the day was not meant to be that's football,but feel the same commitment and steady improvement in the player skill and confidence we will finish top half. the league is very open, the top 3 places may be out of reach. but the other places are there for the taking with a good run of result you never know, its the season of good will and a bit of positivity will not go amiss, keep the faith.

Our defenders have started marking square yards of turf instead of players

Archived