onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Abortion

JOHNNYAITCH

I am pro-choice and no one will ever change my mind. I passionately believe in giving a female's the right to choose within the law of the land, this is the 21st century after all.

A fetus isn't a child until it's born, a fetus has no chance of survival outside the uterus until at least 22 weeks of gestation.

Advert

People make the 'system' whilst sitting in westminster, the system dictates the rules on abortion... therefore you dont make the decision the system does [not well explained I know]

That's ok I get it

This isn't about how the rules are made but what they should be

Its irrelevant to the decision how much you care... thats not the same as... its irrelevant how much you care.

I thought you were suggesting that I didn't care about the mother because of my stance on abortion..if you were not then I apologies

I dont believe in abortion for 'cosmetic' purposes

You see to me that's a huge contradiction..if it's the mother's choice what has her reason go to do with you? I don't get how peope can support some choices cos they are Ok with them but not others cos they don't like that choice

but one size does not fit all... In certain circumstances I believe in euthanasia and assisted suicide but not as a blanket coverall approach

I won't mix the two issues here although I have a firm stance on those too and there is overlap.

To you agreeing with women or women agreeing with you?

You never have and never will be able to have first hand knowledge... a female may have had or could possibly have first hand knowledge... thats why I give women precedence " you agree with plenty of women"

Yes there are plenty of men and women on both sides... I dont know who is right or even if there is a right single answer... I dont believe one size fits all

The point you made was I have this stance cos I'm a man or it's invalidated in some way cos I'm a man..my point is millions (billions?) of womnen share the same stance

The point you made was I have this stance cos I'm a man or it's invalidated in some way cos I'm a man..my point is millions (billions?) of womnen share the same stance

If I gave the impression that you have that stance because you are a man I apologise... you are a man who has that stance

You see to me that's a huge contradiction..if it's the mother's choice what has her reason go to do with you? I don't get how peope can support some choices cos they are Ok with them but not others cos they don't like that choice

Its got nothing to do with me at all... but by the same argument given the law as it is whats it got to do with you?... we are both expressing our opinions... arent we?

Millions of people have mental health issues, some are locked up... do we apply a blanket coverage to lock them all up?... I agree some should but not all

Many millions of people have some disability do we class all of them as disabled?

Its difficult to restrict people into one group or the other... people arent like that... even life or death isnt that simple.

In some circumstances I agree with abortion in others I dont... I dont believe life begins when the sperm penetrates the egg or when the cells split. I dont know when it does but I dont believe its that early.

I dont agree with the law as it stands but I wouldnt want to change it to a blanket ban.

Christian answers? So you're basing this all on a work of fiction?

What other outdated Christian practices should we uphold- fish on Fridays, terrified quire boys...

Not basing anything on anything brother. Merely researching different views for you and others to debate upon.

Two things : (a) I think this is the wrong place for this sort of discussion; it's a light-hearted, football focused forum. Something as serious as abortion isn't what I want popping up on my front page when I check in to see if Big Reg is fit for Sunday. But more importantly (b) it's the sort of topic that no-one will have their mind changed on. People will state their opinions, there will be disagreements and no-one's mind will be be changed in the slightest.

Two things : (a) I think this is the wrong place for this sort of discussion; it's a light-hearted, football focused forum. Something as serious as abortion isn't what I want popping up on my front page when I check in to see if Big Reg is fit for Sunday. But more importantly (b) it's the sort of topic that no-one will have their mind changed on. People will state their opinions, there will be disagreements and no-one's mind will be be changed in the slightest.

Soooo your saying it's 'off topic'?

Not sure how you had to read a thread titled 'abortion' to decide that it's not something you wanted to read?

Well, it is in the Off-Topic area, and is not illegal, its discussion was stopped in another thread, the thread is clearly headed so the topic is apparent and will not be stumbled upon. Most subjects on this site, including all aspects of football and the Vale tend not to change minds but provide information and points of view. Most people I suppose keep away from Off-Topic but others find it useful.

I agree. Why this is on the thread list on the front page of the site is beyond me; I don't think any off topic threads should be.

I know the football isn't great but I don't come on this site for Brexit, Trump or this ********

Archived