onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Abortion

JOHNNYAITCH

As a general rule I stay well wide of these conversations, but JA, victims can hurt more than once:

A young married woman was raped;

She fell pregnant;

She wanted to abort;

Her religion and husband were anti-abortion;

She was called as a witness when the man came to trial;

Her baby was born with physical and mental disabilities;

Her husband struggled with all that had and was happening and up and left them;

Guilt ridden she continues to care for 'her' son in a very restricted personal and social environment.

Advert

As a general rule I stay well wide of these conversations, but JA, victims can hurt more than once:

She fell pregnant;

She wanted to abort;

Guilt ridden she continues to care for 'her' son in a very restricted personal and social environment.

Didnt the anti abortion husband want to take the child with him?... its strange how a man wanted to make the decision for a woman then ran away when he couldnt cope with the consequences of the decision he made.

I dont like abortion but accept that one rule does not fit all and more importantly it has to be the womans considered choice that has priority.

Didnt the anti abortion husband want to take the child with him?... its strange how a man wanted to make the decision for a woman then ran away when he couldnt cope with the consequences of the decision he made.

I dont like abortion but accept that one rule does not fit all and more importantly it has to be the womans considered choice that has priority.

Same with me Geo.

And I don't understand how you can express so much concern about an unborn foetus at the expense of the psychological and mental well being of another. Do you remember being in your mother's womb 12 weeks after conception? Were you a sentient being at that stage a group of slowly developing cells?

I was obviously a group of cells...I was not sentient.

I don't understand how you think it Ok to deny that group of cells the chance to become a sentient being..to deny it what you and I were allowed.

Your original post quotes mine from the other thread without acknowledging it's authorship.

An error on my part for which I apologise

I stand by what I said in that and I would also point out the most significant factor of all in this discussion - you are not a woman.

I disagree..the most significant factor is whether it's right to deny an unborn chid a life.

You can have no conception (if you'll pardon the pun) of how rape affects a woman.

it must be a horrific experience but do I specifically know what it's like....no one does 'til it happens to them..i would not trivialise it by making any such claims

suggest you ackoweldge this before you contribute further to this debate. You are perfectly entitled to your opinion but I believe you are simply wrong.

I believe you are wrong and I am explaining why I believe that.

She fell pregnant;

She wanted to abort;

A truly awful set of events..but I am glad that "She had her baby aborted" is not in the list of events...her son has a chance at life instead of being denied it

I don't agree that should be the priority..the life of the unborn child should be the priority..after all he/she is having no say in this

DATE MOTHER AGE FATHER

May 14, 1939 Lina Medina 5 years,7 months Unknown

August 19, 1934 Yelizaveta "Liza" Gryshchenko 6 years Her 70-year-old maternal grandfather

January 12, 1993 Zulma Guadalupe Morales 8 years Her uncle

Thats 3 of the ten youngest mothers ever.... would you MAKE them go through childbirth?... or should it be a choice?

I would..the unborn child isn't given a choice. A truly horrific set of circumstances but I don't see why the unborn child should be denied its life because of how it came to be.

In 2015, an estimated 303,000 women will die from complications related to pregnancy or childbirth. In addition, for every woman who dies in childbirth, dozens more suffer injury, infection or disease. [WHO]

Now that is the one I wrestle with constantly..I readily admit that...when the pregnancy/birth WILL result in the death of the mother..I can see that as medical treatment but sometimes I swing the other way as my conscience (I do have one) eats away at me over it.

shouldnt they choose?

I don't agree that should be the priority..the life of the unborn child should be the priority..after all he/she is having no say in this

A man would say that... they get to ponder over the problem they dont have to live it... "sorry miss, we know your only 13 years old and it will totally screw your life up but you are not the priority your just the victim and we intend to continually punish you for being the victim... you can either keep the baby and be reminded constantly that your a victim or give the baby away and possibly be haunted by the fact that you did or perhaps one day the child may pop up and confront you and remind you that you are a victim but you can make him/her suffer by telling him/her that their father raped you. Its not a great choice but the most important choice has been taken by people who dont know or care about your circumstances because they dont have to live it"

For some people it does, whereas others enjoy hunting. Best discussed on a new thread, as would limiting the world population.

OK, I was flying off on a tangent as usual. Cheers

I agree with your first post Fosse, I was just explaining why I asked the question, basically to find some focus for myself.

So you accept that there are circumstances in which the chances of life for an unborn child is secondary to the well being and chance of life for the mother carrying that child?

No..I wrestle with that scenario all the time..sometimes I swing one way sometimes the other. I constantly question my stance on this as it's a very challenging subject

Archived