onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Abortion

JOHNNYAITCH

A man would say that

Plenty of women agree with me

... they get to ponder over the problem they dont have to live it... "sorry miss, we know your only 13 years old and it will totally screw your life up but you are not the priority your just the victim and we intend to continually punish you for being the victim... you can either keep the baby and be reminded constantly that your a victim or give the baby away and possibly be haunted by the fact that you did or perhaps one day the child may pop up and confront you and remind you that you are a victim but you can make him/her suffer by telling him/her that their father raped you. Its not a great choice but the most important choice has been taken by people who dont know or care about your circumstances because they dont have to live it"

I don't care? So cos I don't agree with you I don't care about the mother?? Wow..that's quite a statement..and of course way off. Are you suggesting that there is only one way of caring for her in these circumstances?

"sorry miss/mr (the unborn child), we know you are only a human life in the early stages of development and you'll be dead but you are not the priority and we want to impose the ultimate punishment on you and make you a victim... you can't do anything but at least you'll be dead and gone so no pain for you to suffer..no joy nor happiness either..in fact absolutely nothing for you. Its not a great choice (to say the least) but the most important choice has been taken by people who don't care about you or what you may have done in life because they are comfortable with you not being given a chance at life."

Advert

Plenty of women agree with me

I don't care? So cos I don't agree with you I don't care about the mother?? Wow..that's quite a statement..and of course way off. Are you suggesting that there is only one way of caring for her in these circumstances?

"sorry miss/mr (the unborn child), we know you are only a human life in the early stages of development and you'll be dead but you are not the priority and we want to impose the ultimate punishment on you and make you a victim... you can't do anything but at least you'll be dead and gone so no pain for you to suffer..no joy nor happiness either..in fact absolutely nothing for you. Its not a great choice (to say the least) but the most important choice has been taken by people who don't care about you or what you may have done in life because they are comfortable with you not being given a chance at life."

Its not you who doesnt care because its not you who will have to make the decision... dont make it personal JA I thought it was a debate about the concept of abortion

I disagree.... you agree with plenty of women perhaps would be a better statement as you have no first hand knowledge knowledge of childbirth

Ok "we agree with each other on this" (that's plenty of women, plenty of men).

Are you suggesting a woman who hasn't had a child isn't able to agree either? That they should not be "allowed" to have a say in this?

Its not you who doesnt care because its not you who will have to make the decision... dont make it personal JA I thought it was a debate about the concept of abortion

"the most important choice has been taken by people who dont know or care about your circumstances because they dont have to live it"

I care passionately about their (the mother's) circumstances and I'm not making it personal

Are you suggesting that (for example) men should not be able make laws that only affect women..and vice-versa? How can a male doctor make decisions on what is best for the mother (which has to happen under the present abortipn laws) after all he will never have to "live it"?

it's not a concept it's a reality

"the most important choice has been taken by people who dont know or care about your circumstances because they dont have to live it"

I care passionately about their (the mother's) circumstances and I'm not making it personal

Are you suggesting that (for example) men should not be able make laws that only affect women..and vice-versa? How can a male doctor make decisions on what is best for the mother (which has to happen under the present abortipn laws) after all he will never have to "live it"?

it's not a concept it's a reality

People make the 'system' whilst sitting in westminster, the system dictates the rules on abortion... therefore you dont make the decision the system does [not well explained I know]

Its irrelevant to the decision how much you care... thats not the same as... its irrelevant how much you care.

I dont believe in abortion for 'cosmetic' purposes but one size does not fit all... In certain circumstances I believe in euthanasia and assisted suicide but not as a blanket coverall approach

"you agree with plenty of women perhaps would be a better statement as you have no first hand knowledge knowledge of childbirth"

I'm struggling here (not for the first time)..is "first hand knowledge of childbirth" crucial or not then?

To you agreeing with women or women agreeing with you?

You never have and never will be able to have first hand knowledge... a female may have had or could possibly have first hand knowledge... thats why I give women precedence " you agree with plenty of women"

Yes there are plenty of men and women on both sides... I dont know who is right or even if there is a right single answer... I dont believe one size fits all

I'd actually prefer that more support were given to women who want an abortion, to give them the choice of changing their minds, though never pressured. But no pressure should ever be put on a woman who has been raped.

Two important points seem to have been completely ignored in this discussion:-

1. In a 'more than trivial' relationship should the father have a say? What role does he play - and can / should he influence the decision. Similarly, in a same-sex relationship this issue may occur and complicate thiungs further.

2. Abortion will take place anyway, it did before it was legalised and like drug usage, will always be done even if 'illegal' - and when done by some back street charlatan or worse still, self-attempted, both mother and foetus/baby may well die or have life-lasting inmjuries. The poster who aid he would be happy iuf he prevents a single abortion might not be so glib and clever with his sound-bite if he saw the results of a failed abortion attempt.

Since conception does not occur immediately following intercourse, pregnancy can be eliminated in all rape cases if the rape victim receives immediate medical treatment by having all the male semen removed from her uterus.[4]

Read more at: http://www.christiananswers.net/q-sum/q-life005.html

Christian answers? So you're basing this all on a work of fiction?

What other outdated Christian practices should we uphold- fish on Fridays, terrified quire boys...

Archived