onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where are we Heading?

old sage

It's not the point he's making , it's the inevitable excuse to moan that he takes at every opportunity. I've not expressed my thoughts on the team on this thread: all I was doing was proving OS wrong with his claims of evidence.

I personally think we are pretty ****** and have done so since it became apparent that we were going to try and build a team the way we have. I think it's extremely naive & arrogant to think that doing something that no one else has ever managed pull off could be a success. I'll punt on a rookie manager or rookie players but not both. I'd love to wrong but we are heading for shitsville unless someone gets a grip. All this talk of plan B/ plan c etc is just that, talk.

OK

Didn't hear him moaning early season too much.

Yes we had some good performances and we won the points.

Smith and Streete together with Jones's goals won us almost all of them.

Long may it continue. Without them ?

As for October, the last 7 games have been rubbish even when gaining 5 points the performances have been awful

You then seem to agree completely with his thoughts and mine but , like me ,you don't

express them so frequently

Gerald Sindstat in the Sentinel summed it up well last night

' The league table never lies ' so they say but " it can deceive "

Advert

We can all choose statistics to suit our case, but it depends on your perspective.

In October our record is P7 W1 D2 L4 F5 A13.

This includes a defeat against Mansfield (H) and the only win was of course at MK Dons.

That is seriously worrying form.

Previous to that we were doing ok but the current trend is downwards and we need to avert this slide before it becomes a crisis.

Can we also stop perpetuating this myth about expecting nothing at places like Bolton. They are in our league for a reason. Would we not expect to compete with Plymouth or Portsmouth even though they're a league below us? Burton went up last year. Did they say we might as well give the points to the bigger boys because they're better than us? Have Stevenage given up already? Rudgie bucked the trend for years. It can be done. We shouldn't expect anything except a competitive display from the team whoever we play. Yes, Sheffield and Bolton are tough, but not Real Madrid and no reason if we play well why we can't be solid and get a point or two.

attendances through the floor, looking good isn't it.....

That is the most important factor of all because the club cant survive on 3000 gates, whatever the "glad you aren't going VTID you aren't a real fan" bunch say. The sick trend of bad mouthing those who dare criticise the team is only making matters far far worse and wont reverse the slump.

No point in commenting Yukon you've been on ignore for months. :razz:

Can we also stop perpetuating this myth about expecting nothing at places like Bolton. They are in our league for a reason.

Exactly. We should be playing what's on the pitch, not what's in the history books. And whilst we would never be favourites against those teams away from home the least I expect us to do is give 100% and compete. We didn't in either of those games and on Saturday in particular we just lay down and died.

I am not advocating that Bruno be sacked, far from it, I am simply saying that he should open his eyes and realise that the system he is persisting with at the moment has been found out by other teams and simply isn't working. I just hope he is not too pig-headed to see that he is currently leading us down a blind alley.

And for those of you who love stats, have a look at this one:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/league-one/table/form

You're simply **** stirring again and JJJ is right, it is embarrassing. You never post anything positive and leap,on negatives, blowing them out of proportion and trying to influence people like a poor man's Britain First (which is pretty ******* poor).

The culture of sacking managers is ridiculous but let's be honest, it's not Bruno you have a problem with. This is another passive aggressive, backhanded dig at Smurf.

You are obviously failing to see the bigger picture, OS would be quiet as a lamb as he was at the start of the season, if he could see some kind of plan, some kind of encouragement, they aren't negatives he talks about they are an observation on the current situation, he speaks out openly about matters that have being talked about nearly all season, no strikers of note, too slow a build up play only one up top..... Smurf has to expect criticism and examination , it comes with the nature of the job, if OS comments upset you keep out of the Railway bogs at half time, you would have a melt down !:laugh:

Exactly. We should be playing what's on the pitch, not what's in the history books. And whilst we would never be favourites against those teams away from home the least I expect us to do is give 100% and compete. We didn't in either of those games and on Saturday in particular we just lay down and died.

I am not advocating that Bruno be sacked, far from it, I am simply saying that he should open his eyes and realise that the system he is persisting with at the moment has been found out by other teams and simply isn't working. I just hope he is not too pig-headed to see that he is currently leading us down a blind alley.

And for those of you who love stats, have a look at this one:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/league-one/table/form

Looks like we've been playing the form teams recently.

Spot on! We were garbage and I couldn't believe watching us steal a win.Fans around me in the stadium thought we were very fortunate too.

Bull ****.

If an away side did that to us at vale park everyone would say they did a job on us. But because it was the ther way around we were apparently garbage. I thought we defended well and gave them 0 clear chances to score! Fortunate to score but may have scored if Lewington didn't stick his hand up.

2 points off the playoffs yes but in a massive downward spiral the manager got no clue how to reverse. We are stuck with some terrible players we have signed on 2 year contracts and attendances through the floor, looking good isn't it.....

The same terrible players who got us on that record run of clean sheets earlier in the season?

Saying they are terrible make no sense what so ever. Recently they've not been good, but up until the Coventry match id say they've been very good and the league table agrees.

I don't want to be accused of being obessed with former players but if fit signing Andoh at this time could give us a huge boost we have been crying out for a winger he's a real crowd favourite so why not?

Doubt he would be as good as he was after this injury. Never actually had the stats to back his performances up either.

Looks like we've been playing the form teams recently.

Bolton and Sheffield,definitly. But also none in form teams :

Coventry won 3 from the last 10 games. One of them against Vale. Coventry have only scored 13 goals (only Oldham have scored less)and two of the goals were against the Vale.

Oxford have won 3 form 10 games.

Charton 2 from 10.

Gills 1 from 10 their last win was Sept. 24th.

M.K.Dons. won 2 from 10. their last win was end of Sept.Didn't win a game in Oct.

Millwall and Peterboro' have won 3 from the last 10 games.

Vales form is dire.

Is there an overseas player really good enough for the team?

Tactics must change or we will certainly drop down L1.

Bolton and Sheffield,definitly. But also none in form teams :

Coventry won 3 from the last 10 games. One of them against Vale. Coventry have only scored 13 goals (only Oldham have scored less)and two of the goals were against the Vale.

Oxford have won 3 form 10 games.

Charton 2 from 10.

Gills 1 from 10 their last win was Sept. 24th.

M.K.Dons. won 2 from 10. their last win was end of Sept.Didn't win a game in Oct.

Millwall and Peterboro' have won 3 from the last 10 games.

Vales form is dire.

Is there an overseas player really good enough for the team?

Tactics must change or we will certainly drop down L1.

Looks like we are on a roll Tony.:wink:I stated long ago we should be looking at 3-5-2,5-3-2 at least away from home.I think we need to defend from the front a bit better.

That is the most important factor of all because the club cant survive on 3000 gates, whatever the "glad you aren't going VTID you aren't a real fan" bunch say. The sick trend of bad mouthing those who dare criticise the team is only making matters far far worse and wont reverse the slump.

Well in that case I can point out that that this clown is the worst for popping up when things go bad. Inevitable, inane, idiotic

Our average attendance after six home games is 4,581,down by 8.3% from last season.

So far only seven League One clubs have increased their gates this season,four of which were promoted from League Two.

I shouldn't worry too much Coventry's crowds are down 25.5%,MKD's 25.5%,Oldham 19.5%,Chesterfield 15%,Shrewsbury 10.9%,Walsall 9.5% and Posh 8.1%.

Overall attendance's are all down by 2.9% leaving an average gate in League One of 7,375.

I firmly believe that we will once again average around the 5,000 mark for the season.

I'm holding judgement until the end of this month. Last month's fixtures were tricky with a new, inexperienced side, whatever anyone says. Personally, I didn't think we would get 5 points from the month when the fixtures came out. However, I will be disappointed with anything less than 9 points this month and progression in the Cup.

Archived