onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where are we Heading?

old sage

Our average attendance after six home games is 4,581,down by 8.3% from last season.

So far only seven League One clubs have increased their gates this season,four of which were promoted from League Two.

I shouldn't worry too much Coventry's crowds are down 25.5%,MKD's 25.5%,Oldham 19.5%,Chesterfield 15%,Shrewsbury 10.9%,Walsall 9.5% and Posh 8.1%.

Overall attendance's are all down by 2.9% leaving an average gate in League One of 7,375.

I firmly believe that we will once again average around the 5,000 mark for the season.

More fans ,at the Vale,paying on the day,compared to last season?

Advert

Bull ****.

If an away side did that to us at vale park everyone would say they did a job on us. But because it was the ther way around we were apparently garbage. I thought we defended well and gave them 0 clear chances to score! Fortunate to score but may have scored if Lewington didn't stick his hand up.

maybe you enjoyed the dross but many who also watched it on TV have also said how poor we were! I was there and stand by my comment.Also they had 19 goal attempts including hitting bar and post! Jak pulled off good saves too.No clear chances then???

Last 10 league games - W 3 D 3 L 4.Lots of injuries means an unsettled team and inconsistency.
Lets turn that on it's head shall we? Last 6 games W1 D2 L 3. That doesn't look half as rosy does it? Also don't forget our home defeat to L2 Mansfield in the Nonsense Trophy.

My point you can do ought with statistics unless we are talking about Sunderland.

It's not the point he's making , it's the inevitable excuse to moan that he takes at every opportunity. I've not expressed my thoughts on the team on this thread: all I was doing was proving OS wrong with his claims of evidence.

I personally think we are pretty ****** and have done so since it became apparent that we were going to try and build a team the way we have. I think it's extremely naive & arrogant to think that doing something that no one else has ever managed pull off could be a success. I'll punt on a rookie manager or rookie players but not both. I'd love to wrong but we are heading for shitsville unless someone gets a grip. All this talk of plan B/ plan c etc is just that, talk.

?????:unsure::unsure:You have me simply lost for words there Yuk me old fruit. You appear to agree with me but resent anyone especially me pointing it out.:blink::blink:

?????:unsure::unsure:You have me simply lost for words there Yuk me old fruit. You appear to agree with me but resent anyone especially me pointing it out.:blink::blink:

I'm a complicated character.

I don't resent anything but I'm at a bit of a loss with it all to be honest. We aren't going to agree on Smurf, so bare with me on this and don't do my trick and kick off automatically (because generally, that's all an act).

For me, he (NS) seems genuinely up for it at the moment but for the first time ever I'm not enthusiastic about the club and it's weird. I was talking with a mate earlier and the way we described the situation is "meh". He's a long standing season ticket holder like me; he's not going on Saturday and I'll decide nearer the time. If I don't go, I'm not making a stand against anything or anyone, it'll be because I don't fancy it. As it stands I don't- if there was an EFL or FA cup match tonight, I wouldn't be going.

I'm not a happy clapper, never have been, I'd just prefer whinge/ whine not to be my default setting but for the first time in 26(ish) years, I'm just not that arsed. That suggests to me that something isn't right or is that arrogant...

I'm holding judgement until the end of this month. Last month's fixtures were tricky with a new, inexperienced side, whatever anyone says. Personally, I didn't think we would get 5 points from the month when the fixtures came out. However, I will be disappointed with anything less than 9 points this month and progression in the Cup.

Agree with that.

maybe you enjoyed the dross but many who also watched it on TV have also said how poor we were! I was there and stand by my comment.Also they had 19 goal attempts including hitting bar and post! Jak pulled off good saves too.No clear chances then???

Certainly wasn't dross. In any way! It's called doing a job on the home side. We knew how they'd play and kept them quiet.

Hit the bar with a last kick of the game free kick - wasn't a clear chance.

Hit the post from nothing, in fact an error from jones who gave it to him and he just smashed it.

I remember 1 maybe 2 decent saves from Alnwick but nothing you wouldn't expect him to miss.

It may not have been an attractive showing but sides do it to us at home and many sides in all league perform like that away from home. We stifled them, defended well and took our chance. As I say we did a job on them, I certainly don't think winning at mk dons in any fashion is garbage.

The same terrible players who got us on that record run of clean sheets earlier in the season?

We did well then but I see a lot saying that since then we have been sussed out, teams have worked out how to stop us and then how to beat us and we aren't able to play in an alternative way to combat that..I've not seen enough to form an opinion but it's possible. At Bristol that whole thing happened in a single match...we looked good, took the lead, they changed their approach, we didn't respond, they scored two goals and beat us.

At this level when a team with a single approach gets sussed out the players usually aren't good enough to change their way of playing..to respond to what the opposition does..it's up to the manager to pick different players and have a plan B.

It ain't about any one single game, the bottom line is too many overseas players have been signed (some on two year contracts) who're not good enough for Lge 1 by an inexperienced manager and hence there's not much of a bench/alternative. Tt's questionable whether some of these players are good enough for Lge 2.

The biggest challenge for the club will be at the end of the season if/when the likes of Grant, Foley, Purkiss, Smith, Streete(?) and other out of contract players leave, who will be in charge of replacing them, if it's Bruno then no more lower league players from around Europe please.

It ain't about any one single game, the bottom line is too many overseas players have been signed (some on two year contracts) who're not good enough for Lge 1 by an inexperienced manager and hence there's not much of a bench/alternative. Tt's questionable whether some of these players are good enough for Lge 2.

The biggest challenge for the club will be at the end of the season if/when the likes of Grant, Foley, Purkiss, Smith, Streete(?) and other out of contract players leave, who will be in charge of replacing them, if it's Bruno then no more lower league players from around Europe please.

Why where are streete, smith and Foley off?

I'm a complicated character.

I don't resent anything but I'm at a bit of a loss with it all to be honest. We aren't going to agree on Smurf, so bare with me on this and don't do my trick and kick off automatically (because generally, that's all an act).

For me, he (NS) seems genuinely up for it at the moment but for the first time ever I'm not enthusiastic about the club and it's weird. I was talking with a mate earlier and the way we described the situation is "meh". He's a long standing season ticket holder like me; he's not going on Saturday and I'll decide nearer the time. If I don't go, I'm not making a stand against anything or anyone, it'll be because I don't fancy it. As it stands I don't- if there was an EFL or FA cup match tonight, I wouldn't be going.

I'm not a happy clapper, never have been, I'd just prefer whinge/ whine not to be my default setting but for the first time in 26(ish) years, I'm just not that arsed. That suggests to me that something isn't right or is that arrogant...

I understand 100% going to watch the Vale of late is like going to be dentist when you know it's going to hurt but you hope that you will come out feeling better.

My missus says every time me and my lad go to do our duty and watch the Vale'' Go on off enjoying yourselves again'' If only she knew the pain that we often have to endure!!

Archived