onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where are we Heading?

old sage

Advert

Is he though' date=' he's moved to a club who were on a massive high and as opposed to Bruno who had to build from scratch and yet he's only two points a better off than a team that have just played some of the toughest games of the season.[/quote']

Don't waste your time.This thread is a ****ing embarrassment.Some 'fans' won't be 'appy ' 'til we shut the doors.

Is he though' date=' he's moved to a club who were on a massive high and as opposed to Bruno who had to build from scratch and yet he's only two points a better off than a team that have just played some of the toughest games of the season.[/quote']

Bruno only had to build from scratch because we dismantled a squad which finished 12 in League 1 last season. Northampton were in League 2 then so they have had to improve their squad to remain competitive.

This scattergraph shows a lot of our problems very simply. We don't create anywhere near enough meaningful chances.

l1-ad-2016-10-19.png

Decent Scattergraph that!

The point is sides have worked us out. Push on 15-20 yards go at em so to speak. Midfield is weak and no threat up front to speak of. Alex Jones has done great however.

If this continues we will freefall. Injury to Foley is key, Jones a big miss. Forrester decent but can we get him on the pitch.

Love to know what Purkiss has said tbh.

My summary - Lose to Stevenage could result in the end for Ribeiro. Incidentally I have not heard much of the "we work hard" lingo of late??

As stated earlier we are not creating enough chances.Seems that more teams are the same.Or do we take our chances and other teams don't ?

Howjy me owd this team is a fookin joke ,a few weeks ago we looked like a team complete,defending well, midfield hungry with loads of creativity,scoring goals wasn't a problem!! Its doin my head in,so Norman , Bruno ,Smith and Brown get it fu##ing sorted ASAP.

October was always going to be a tough month with MKD, Sheff. Utd and Bolton away. I always suspected we'd get perhaps two points from those games (we actually got three). However I did think we'd get four at home to Charlton and Oxford and in reality we were lucky to get two. All of this says to be we won't finish in the top six but the next month will determine whether we finish mid table and be in with a chance of the FAC 3rd round. If we can still be in the top half and into the next round of the cup in a months time that will be acceptable but another points haul like October and out of the Cup won't be.

If Bruno's listening some advice for you:

1) Play two up front (particularly at home),

2) Play players in their natural positions. 3) Be flexible and if things aren't going well change it! I'd give three centre halfs a go it's transformed Chelsea so why not Vale especially as I think we have personnel to do it and it may stop us shipping goals.

Build from scratch.You must be joking!The fact is Vale finished halfway last season in Pages first season after taking over when they were in the bottom four. This is progress.You cannot be serious if you think that progress has been maintained this season.Bruno had the opportunity to build on a team containing Grant, Purkiss, and Foley.Now he has fallen out with Purkiss, Grant appears to be playing to get away and unfortunately Foley is injured. Northampton maybe only two points better off so far but Vale are getting worse week by week. This despite the manager being able to bring in 15? players.

Build from scratch.You must be joking!The fact is Vale finished halfway last season in Pages first season after taking over when they were in the bottom four. This is progress.You cannot be serious if you think that progress has been maintained this season.Bruno had the opportunity to build on a team containing Grant, Purkiss, and Foley.Now he has fallen out with Purkiss, Grant appears to be playing to get away and unfortunately Foley is injured. Northampton maybe only two points better off so far but Vale are getting worse week by week. This despite the manager being able to bring in 15? players.

So you don't think he's built from scratch? :laugh:

Massive overreaction from some fans after our most difficult month of the season on paper and in reality.

Has Page had the fixtures we have this month?

So you don't think he's built from scratch? :laugh:

Massive overreaction from some fans after our most difficult month of the season on paper and in reality.

Has Page had the fixtures we have this month?

Yes it's been a hard month, but if we're to achieve anything then we're going to have to match the big teams.

I feel that just staying up would be a very modest achievement this season and would not vindicate Norman's European Experiment.

Archived