onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where are we Heading?

old sage

Is he though' date=' he's moved to a club who were on a massive high and as opposed to Bruno who had to build from scratch and yet he's only two points a better off than a team that have just played some of the toughest games of the season.[/quote']

You mean MK Dons (20th), Oxford (17th), Charlton (14th) and Coventry (19th) and I guess let's not forget mighty Mansfield.

Bruno had to rebuild because of Smurf's chess playing. He didn't build from scratch he had a core of good players to which he added 12 or so overseas players all no improvement on those already here or gone, at least someone on the coaching ataff had the nouse to add Thomas, Jones, Hart and Taylor.

Advert

I think we are heading for difficult times. Mr Smurthwaite must have realised by now that plan A isn't working so he will be looking for someone to take the blame. If I was Bruno I would be worried. Likewise Andy Smith. We had a good up and coming manager but Mr "I know best" wouldn't admit it and we are now reaping the benefits. And so are Northampton Town...[/QUOT

Page is old news now, and he was itching to go anyway. It;s where you are in May that counts , and even if I think that Vale will finish 17th,

Northampton won't do much better, in this most unpredictable of divisions.

Just for some balance, Northampton are playing the same formation as us (4-2-3-1) and playing Hooper on the wing. So I doubt things would be too much different if he was still here. Like the abysmal performance at Wigan where we were utterly outclassed and never put up a fight.

Embarrassing opening post and embarrassing thread. We are 2 points of the play offs. Every team has a dip in form it's how they react, looks like some fans are deciding to spit dummies out instead of rallying behind the team. As the opening poster loves a speech mark quotation how about "it's always to soon to quit"
As for someone who fails to see whats going on around him how about your 'like an ostrich burying his head in the sand'.

You say my opening post was embarrassing well I'll counter that one with not half as embarrassing as the team's performances.

After all it wasn't me calling for the managers head on Saturday evening like they were on RS

This isn't a blip the truth is we have generally been poor all season. Just look at Santa post and chart to see that I am correct.

Id say on the evidence ive seen we r heading nowhere .

Its the same old start the season with i feel pretty good performances at home and then do what they usually do and fade away.

As the likes of other clubs get stronger we get weaker ,whys that because the sun has gone in ? ,do the players suffer from SAD or r the players thinking they r better than what they actualy r .

So id say its another season of mid table mediocrity i dont think we will go down because on many occassions we this season have come from behind in matches to gain something from certain games .

We r a 45 minute team at present with the second half of games where we r at it the only problem the first half showings since the terrible home display v Coventry could have seen us in most games up to 5 goals down but somehow that luckily hasnt been the case .

The contrast in performances in second half level of performance is incredible as i thought the effort heart and determination v Charlton /Oxford at home were excellent .

I dont go away and having witnessed the televised away game v Mk Dons i can c why we have a terrible away record as we dont compete at all and give up the pitch mainly to the opposition.

Id personally drop any player who doesnt want play for us ,and if there is problems in the dressing room with attitude application and desire then the culprits well i dont want c them in a Vale shirt .

Plan B will have to come into play we need a cup run ,we need players to want it every time they step on the pitch ,we dont want players hiding and we want the players compete for every ball up the pitch .

We r in murky waters at the moment ,forget the league position ,the levels of performance is what u must take notice of .

1152 Vale fans who probably work there socks off go watch them at Bolton to watch 9/11 first half play with no passion ,not for the badge on the front of the shirt so u remember the name on the back .

Well thats unacceptable .

I think Remi Streete calls it right in the Sentinel today where we must stop starting games so slowly, nearly every game I've seen has been the same where we ponce about thinking we are Barcelona and end up having to change when we have to chase the game and when we do we are much better, how many times have we been much better second half when we have to ditch the initial slow tedious tactics when other teams are the opposite and throw everything at us. For me it's more about tactics than personnel and it can be turned around if the stubborn one admits to it.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/port-vale-remie-streete-says-vale-are-asking-for-trouble-with-slow-build-up-play-at-start/story-29852608-detail/story.html

This isn't a blip the truth is we have generally been poor all season. Just look at Santa post and chart to see that I am correct.

the truth

Isn't it closer to the truth that we've played well sometimes and poorly sometimes?

If we've been "generally poor" and have 22 points, doesn't that mean that teams with similar points totals have also been "generally poor" ?

Or is it a case of that old familiar Potteries Pessimism - the same condition that causes people to call the home FA Cup-tie against a Fourth Division team a banana-skin rather than an excellent chance to progress to Round 2?

As for someone who fails to see whats going on around him how about your 'like an ostrich burying his head in the sand'.

You say my opening post was embarrassing well I'll counter that one with not half as embarrassing as the team's performances.

After all it wasn't me calling for the managers head on Saturday evening like they were on RS

I really don't think we've been poor all season. Go back a month or so and the praise the team was getting was unheard of from vale fans. I personally think it's a blip against strong opposition who will be up there come the end of the season.

I've no idea how we've amassed so many points thus far, we're really not very good. We create bugger all, everything we have created has gone in. It won't continue. Our solid defensive record after the first 6 or so games has quickly turned into one of the worst in the league.

Change nothing and I think we'll struggle to get to 30 points.

So you struggle to see how we've got those points but even mention a defensive record? Surely it's clear to see we started the season well and clearly deserve our points tally?

With vale fans it never works two ways. We were brilliant defensively at the start breaking records and now because wer struggling people seem to forget that and only look at the negative. I'd agree with an earlier poster, we've had some good and very good games and some very poor matches.

Everything has gone in? Just thinking back to that gillingham game in which we created loads on chances and their keeper played a blinder, still won though but let's forget that.

But looking at where we've got points, especially at home (other than charlton) I'd say we've deserved every point we've got.

Your last point also makes completely no sense. Even during this bad run of form we've managed to win away from home and draw twice at home. So 30 points is just being silly.

Before the season started a lot of people were genuinely concerned about the squad and how the new players would adapt, sadly that seems to be coming to fruition at the moment. But from day one I hoped this season would see us staying in the division and hopefully consolidating, thats not too unrealistic an expectation when you consider the amount of upheaval in the squad and behind the scenes. We would be hard pressed to expect it all to click within the space of a few months.

Archived