onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Where are we Heading?

old sage

I understand 100% going to watch the Vale of late is like going to be dentist when you know it's going to hurt but you hope that you will come out feeling better.

My missus says every time me and my lad go to do our duty and watch the Vale'' Go on off enjoying yourselves again'' If only she knew the pain that we often have to endure!!

No pain,no gain,Owd.

Advert

No pain,no gain,Owd.
I agree because the years of stuggle and pain watching the Vale are all the sweeter when we have a little success. I hear the Gooner fans moaning on Talksport about Arsene Wenger and it makes my **** come in lumps. How many consecutive years have they been in the Champions League now is it 15 or 16? Still they moan like drains. You know what though I'm sure that any successes that come our way means more to fans like us than if they were to win the Champions League.

I agree because the years of stuggle and pain watching the Vale are all the sweeter when we have a little success. I hear the Gooner fans moaning on Talksport about Arsene Wenger and it makes my **** come in lumps. How many consecutive years have they been in the Champions League now is it 15 or 16? Still they moan like drains. You know what though I'm sure that any successes that come our way means more to fans like us than if they were to win the Champions League.

Arsenal through bar the shouting,3-2 win against Bruno's former club.I wouldn't swap watching Vale for anything,except for my family.Not knowing what we are going to watch is part of the thrill.:laugh:

I understand 100% going to watch the Vale of late is like going to be dentist when you know it's going to hurt but you hope that you will come out feeling better.

My missus says every time me and my lad go to do our duty and watch the Vale'' Go on off enjoying yourselves again'' If only she knew the pain that we often have to endure!!

I don;t even think of the dentist, V2001 was the dentist. This is more akin to a speed awareness course or a slide show of your Great Aunt's trip to Eastbourne

I'm a complicated character.

I don't resent anything but I'm at a bit of a loss with it all to be honest. We aren't going to agree on Smurf, so bare with me on this and don't do my trick and kick off automatically (because generally, that's all an act).

For me, he (NS) seems genuinely up for it at the moment but for the first time ever I'm not enthusiastic about the club and it's weird. I was talking with a mate earlier and the way we described the situation is "meh". He's a long standing season ticket holder like me; he's not going on Saturday and I'll decide nearer the time. If I don't go, I'm not making a stand against anything or anyone, it'll be because I don't fancy it. As it stands I don't- if there was an EFL or FA cup match tonight, I wouldn't be going.

I'm not a happy clapper, never have been, I'd just prefer whinge/ whine not to be my default setting but for the first time in 26(ish) years, I'm just not that arsed. That suggests to me that something isn't right or is that arrogant...

Your comments are so true.

This is the biggest problem Smurf has to solve in regard to attendances.

Like you my season ticket tells me I will go no matter what.

Once you fail to have a season ticket : !!

Performances like the current ones will tell you to stop at home.

£ 23 @ game will tell you to stop at home.

Once you do that then you become a fan that will wait and choose his games.

We have lost hundreds of fans like that and they will not come back

until they are convinced to have a season ticket again

All the pain is worthwhile if you happen to draw FA Cup holders Everton away,get a last minute equaliser and then win the replay at Vale Park.

It's weird, I've never felt so unconnected with the club. As a rule I've never expected great football and the finest facilities because that's not the Vale. If I want to see the best football available with the flashiest stadium, I'd jump on a train to Manchester; that's not being accepting of a bad situation, it's the reality of our club.

I don't know why but we seem to have lost a bit of the real Port Vale of late

All the pain is worthwhile if you happen to draw FA Cup holders Everton away,get a last minute equaliser and then win the replay at Vale Park.

Today's "generation" just don't have anything like that to cling onto..the occasional giant killing does wonders. Still probably my most magical Vale moment when we equalised at Goodison.

It's weird, I've never felt so unconnected with the club. As a rule I've never expected great football and the finest facilities because that's not the Vale. If I want to see the best football available with the flashiest stadium, I'd jump on a train to Manchester; that's not being accepting of a bad situation, it's the reality of our club.

I don't know why but we seem to have lost a bit of the real Port Vale of late

I get this feeling now & again to be honest, like going through periods where I won't really check up on here too or bother keeping up with us aside from going all of the games, & that feeling usually happens if we're not doing well (obviously).

Right now, I'm at the point where I'm even considering not going on Saturday as I'm that annoyed about the £26 I set fire to last week, and the amount I've spent going to every away game this season too. Which I'm kinda disappointed at myself for, but I too feel slightly disconnected & almost just less bothered at the moment. I'm sure I'm not the only one either as even the little atmosphere we usually get at home just feels completely gone & deflated.

so sad reading some of these comments (as I find myself empathizing with a lot of what's been said which is concerning)...keep the faith guys give it a week and we will have 2 wins, £28k in prize money and through in two cup competitions. Life will look a lot rosier then-hopefully :-)

Archived