onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ched Evans cleared.

For Us All

Advert

ched evans was today found not guilty of rape and left the court a free man,now lets wait for the media frenzy and ennis's apology.

I have to agree, so many people wanted him hung out to dry, he has claimed his innocence all along.

It was also suggested that he should never play football again, all based on the lies of a young lady who will remain anonymous, which in itself is grossly unfair.

Jess Ennis should now offer a full unreserved apology and all those activists who claimed he was guilty without all the facts coming to light, should also apologise.

I also think the girl should face prosecution for wasting Police and court time and more importantly she should the have right of anonymity removed.

I can't recall the person - might have been an MP, who is pushing for a change in the law so both sides remain anonymous until the trial has concluded.

Given the time this case (and others) has taken to reach its conclusion its very difficult to unsully reputations once they've been dragged around.

AS for the girl ... I think the summing up of the case by the judge will be illuminating.

Based on the video evidence of the girl walking into the hotel unaided and in heels then going back outside to pick up food the conviction based on the girl being too drunk to consent was unsafe.

A total mess for Evans, the girl and their families but his defense team in the first trial should be hung, drawn and quartered for doing such a poor and pathetic job, the Crown Prosecution Service should not have gone ahead with the prosecution given the video evidence.

What does Jessica Ennis have to apologise for? Her statement/views were based on him being a convicted rapist which he was at the time and so were entirely reasonable. Now he isn't a convicted rapist she might feel very different but there is nothing to apologise for.

It's tragic that lives have been so adversely affected by this but hopefully all parties involved can move on. It does throw up loads of questions about such cases but I hope it does not deter those genuinely raped from coming forward.

I find it all quite disturbing. We now find out that Evans' girlfriend is said to have offered someone 50k to give evidence on his behalf and as far as I'm aware it is very unusual for the legal system to allow evidence from the girl's previous partners.

The main lesson from today is that money talks and Evans' was fortunate to have a multi-millionaire 'father-in'law' who could bankroll his appeal.

Regardless of the decision he won't be getting a Xmas card from me. His behaviour has been appalling whatever happened that night.

Based on the video evidence of the girl walking into the hotel unaided and in heels then going back outside to pick up food the conviction based on the girl being too drunk to consent was unsafe.

A total mess for Evans, the girl and their families but his defense team in the first trial should be hung, drawn and quartered for doing such a poor and pathetic job, the Crown Prosecution Service should not have gone ahead with the prosecution given the video evidence.

Doesnt matter if jesus himself was on the defense the lad never stood a chance, the papers sensationalized the whole story months before the trial, he never had a fair trial which is why newspapers/media should not be allowed to do stories on 'alleged' charges. Innocent until proven guilty doesn't exist for those in the media spot light. The right to anonymity must be fior both parties until one is proven guilty beyond doubt not made to look guilty by the dirty press to sell 20p rag papers

Great news - congratulations to Ched Evans, whose life has been blighted by this stupid case that has cost all of us a fortune. Any sanctimonious toenails who think otherwise need to read the detail of how the woman had sex with other men in exactly the same circumstances a few days before - and crucially also a few days after, inviting them in the same way, getting drunk, then claiming all sorts, clearly - BBC quote below

two other men who had sex with the woman had described their encounters with her in highly specific terms that were virtually indistinguishable from Mr Evans's own account of what had happened.

One of the encounters occurred days before the alleged rape - and the other in the days that followed.

On each occasion the woman had been drinking heavily and the sex occurred in a very specific way - including the words she used to encourage her partner.

Each time she woke up saying she had no memory of what had happened.

Lady Justice Hallett, one of the country's top judges, said that these events were so similar to what Mr Evans had described that a jury had to hear about them before deciding whether the woman had been incapable of giving her consent.

THat stuck up snooty cow Jessica Ennis-Retired has been can apply to put her name back on the Shefield United stand now too, and lets see if she apologises to Ched Evans, somehow I think she may not.

Doesnt matter if jesus himself was on the defense the lad never stood a chance, the papers sensationalized the whole story months before the trial, he never had a fair trial which is why newspapers/media should not be allowed to do stories on 'alleged' charges. Innocent until proven guilty doesn't exist for those in the media spot light. The right to anonymity must be fior both parties until one is proven guilty beyond doubt not made to look guilty by the dirty press to sell 20p rag papers

It does matter who the defense team is and who's on it, OJ Simpson is probably the most famous example.

Without opening a huge can of worms, bearing in mind all the evidence we do have I must question the pure definition of rape.

The girl was drunk (not intoxicated according to CE). She went back to the hotel with Clayton and had sex. Ched lied to get a key to the room, walked in, asked mid act if he could join in. She supposedly said yes. They then had sex and he left through the fire exit, without saying a word to the girl.

Just because she uttered the words yes doesnt mean she wanted it. There could easily be a taking advantage of here. If the girl feels pressured into saying yes could is this no longer rape?

This is without even mentioning the character assessments that were used as evidence from previous partners.

Think we really need to look into the legalitys of rape, victim and alleged attackers anonymity etc

Evans is not a rapist. His behaviour on that night as described in court, however, shows him to be a rather unpleasant young man. The lack of self-respect shown by the three people involved on that night is a mystery to me. Perhaps I'm just too old.

In the eyes of the law yes. Two years ago he was in the eyes of the law.

My concern here is the new evidence that was used to aquit him was character references from two previous partners.

There's also an accusation that one was offered 50k to testify..

This is far from cut and dry and people should use caution when talking about this and any other accusation of rape. The statistics are staggering and the effect on both accused as accuser is permanent.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Archived