onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Christopher Mbamba signs

valeparklife

Am I the only one who isn't worried? Infact, I am quite excited. We asked for change and we got it! So lets get behind the lads. Yes, we know little about them as performers but we could have something really special aswell as something dreadful but thats the gamble we'd take and if you ask me, I would take this over Colin Daniel running down the wing anytime!

Advert

I'd have preferred us to adopt the Peterborough model of signing young players and developing then selling. I think that's the 'Port Vale way' that we all loved.

I just feel that we may be outfought a lot next season, regardless of their ability. And I'm not saying all foreign players don't have the stomach for a fight (look at Viera/Stam/Gattuso etc) but the level they are coming from will be another world from L1 football.

That may have been the 'Port Vale Way' a long time ago, but I've watched us since 2001, & I can't recall us developing much & selling on for decent fees in the past 15 years. We've also only had like 2 decent seasons.

I know we're just another team in League 1, & by the law of averages we will only experience a few handfuls (if that) of really great seasons in a lifetime, but there's no need to despair because we're signing loads of unknowns.

I agree, could be a catastrophe, but could also work out. Either way, let's wait until the season starts, & give their scouting (if any has been done) a chance.

No it isn't.

11 foreigners lining up having never played in the country before, in the 3rd division seeking promotion, is mental.

This is not up for debate. A 15 year old playing football manager 16 would have enough nouse not to take a gamble like that.

We need about 4 L1/Championship/Scottish Prem permanent or premier League loan signings.

The award for the most ridiculous statement all week goes to...

That may have been the 'Port Vale Way' a long time ago, but I've watched us since 2001, & I can't recall us developing much & selling on for decent fees in the past 15 years. We've also only had like 2 decent seasons.

I know we're just another team in League 1, & by the law of averages we will only experience a few handfuls (if that) of really great seasons in a lifetime, but there's no need to despair because we're signing loads of unknowns.

I agree, could be a catastrophe, but could also work out. Either way, let's wait until the season starts, & give their scouting (if any has been done) a chance.

As a 24 year old fan who's attended weekly from the age of about 8 - I cannot really recall the Championship days. In fact, my life supporting the club has seen nothing but rubbish.

Genuinely can't think of a player we've sold for big money - or of a player who's left the club and moved the bigger and better things?

Constantine went to Leeds, then became a flop.

McPhee went to Portugal and couldn't cut it like he did for us.

....and now I'm struggling haha!

Ok now it's time to bring in some experience English players. Or at least players who know the leagues, these lads could be quality although we seem to be using the same agent again?!?! But no matter how good we need some lads who have been there and done it in this division. I wish the lad all the luck and hopefully has some pace down the wing. smurf time to sign some players who know the league.

As a 24 year old fan who's attended weekly from the age of about 8 - I cannot really recall the Championship days. In fact, my life supporting the club has seen nothing but rubbish.

Genuinely can't think of a player we've sold for big money - or of a player who's left the club and moved the bigger and better things?

Constantine went to Leeds, then became a flop.

McPhee went to Portugal and couldn't cut it like he did for us.

....and now I'm struggling haha!

Exactly the same as me then, only I started supporting a little later!

I'm assuming he's referring to the Rudge era, which I sadly only managed to watch on the stack of VHS tapes my family has.

Okay, as Norwegian is very close to Danish, here it is in English :-)

"Port Vale, at the third tier of English football, is Mbambas new employer.

Earlier this week, the clubs agreed a fee for the winger, who joins his new club right away.

- It's not every day, we send players to Port Vale, director of Ham Kam Stein Arne Ingelstad, tells HA-Sporten.

He says it was easy, to reach an agreement with the english club.

- He wished to combine it with his studies, and it is a player who wasn't in our plans for the future, so we chose to come to an agreement with the player, says Ingelstad.

Mbamba, who had 6 months left of his contract with HamKam, showed good form before the break, scoring a nice goal in the big win against Brattvåg in the final game before the break.

- Yeah, I guess he had his best game, after a rupture to the ligament about a year ago, in the final home game.

He did well there, says Ingelstad, who won't say how much HamKam gets for the player.

- It's an agreement between the clubs, that is not official. A normal, standard agreement.

- Have you made a profit?

- It's a small amount, but not big bucks, Ingelstad says with a smile.

Now Mbamba has the opportunity to play himself into the team at Port Vale, favorite team of pop star Robbie Williams."

So there you have it :-)

Exactly the same as me then, only I started supporting a little later!

I'm assuming he's referring to the Rudge era, which I sadly only managed to watch on the stack of VHS tapes my family has.

Unlucky for us both. I remember turning 15/16 and thats when Vale became interesting, trying to get served around Burslem (When the Sagger Makers used to be decent!!) Before I'd just boot a empty coke bottle along the front of the Paddock and pi*s the miserable old sods off.

Not many memories about the footballers we've had!

Archived