onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Christopher Mbamba signs

valeparklife

I've just looked up ham kam and they seem to be a sport club with ladies teams and every age range based at the centre they train from.

They currently play in the 3rd division which is in regional areas and lie 3rd in the league.

The stadium actually holds 8k but looking at pictures they play in front of a fraction of that.

Looks a huge gamble and I can only imagine this is a signing from an agent direct.

Advert

Ok. So i can have a pretty good opinion on this. Not the lad himself but having lived here for 7 years i know all about the Norwegian pyramid.

The top league, apart from 2 or 3, is pretty much league 1 standard. If that. Last night Stabaek went out of the Europa league 1-0 on agg to Welsh outfit Gap Connahs Quay. That gives you some idea.

However this lad has been playing at a far, far worse level than that.

Two years ago he was playing for Medkila. Their stadium is, well, a pitch, with a dugout. It makes Castle Town look like Wembley. The standard of this is, and i am not exagerrating one little bit, sunday morning football.

I know a lad who plays at this level now. Im more in shape!

Obviously he was better than that as he got a move to Alta. Must have seen something in him. Alta play in what was the Adeccoligaen. Now the Obos league. Its the 2nd tier. I know most about this league as Fredrikstad have slumped to it and watch them on tv most weeks. Norway has all top flight and 2nd division matches live on tv or over the internet.

The standard is pretty grim.

Kidsgrove. Alsager. Castle town. Would all compete in this division and wouldnt get relegated. Its that poor. Not quite sunday league like the other club but not great.

However, for some reason he then moved back down a level with Hamkam!

Now, maybe 4 years ago Hamkam were in the top flight of Norwegian football. But financially they were finished. They are Norways version of a Blackpool. Now they play in the third tier. Thats pretty much Sneyd Green level. And i really arent exagerrating or wanting to put a downer on things but thats the level this lad has been playing. And in recent times dipped a level from 2nd tier to 3rd!

Now, he might be a great signing. We dont really know. But if he was a standout player i would have surely heard something about him. There are many many top flight norwegian players i have seen live and wouldnt want anywhere near the Vale so how a Swedish journeyman who has played in Norways 2nd,3rd and 4th tiers is going to fill me with hope, i dont know!

Ill probably get moaned at for being negative but thats the truthful opinion on the standard of player we have got there. The other players from the other leagues i couldnt pass judgement. Im not sure about the standard of the portuguese 2nd division but i know about the country i live in.

Lets hope he is good enough. Im worried by this one.

Ok. So i can have a pretty good opinion on this. Not the lad himself but having lived here for 7 years i know all about the Norwegian pyramid.

The top league, apart from 2 or 3, is pretty much league 1 standard. If that. Last night Stabaek went out of the Europa league 1-0 on agg to Welsh outfit Gap Connahs Quay. That gives you some idea.

Two years ago he was playing for Medkila. Their stadium is, well, a pitch, with a dugout. It makes Castle Town look like Wembley. The standard of this is, and i am not exagerrating one little bit, sunday morning football.

Obviously he was better than that as he got a move to Alta. Must have seen something in him. Alta play in what was the Adeccoligaen. Now the Obos league. Its the 2nd tier. I know most about this league as Fredrikstad have slumped to it and watch them on tv most weeks. Norway has all top flight and 2nd division matches live on tv or over the internet.

Kidsgrove. Alsager. Castle town. Would all compete in this division and wouldnt get relegated. Its that poor. Not quite sunday league like the other club but not great.

Now, maybe 4 years ago Hamkam were in the top flight of Norwegian football. But financially they were finished. They are Norways version of a Blackpool. Now they play in the third tier. Thats pretty much Sneyd Green level. And i really arent exagerrating or wanting to put a downer on things but thats the level this lad has been playing. And in recent times dipped a level from 2nd tier to 3rd!

Now, he might be a great signing. We dont really know. But if he was a standout player i would have surely heard something about him. There are many many top flight norwegian players i have seen live and wouldnt want anywhere near the Vale so how a Swedish journeyman who has played in Norways 2nd,3rd and 4th tiers is going to fill me with hope, i dont know!

Ill probably get moaned at for being negative but thats the truthful opinion on the standard of player we have got there. The other players from the other leagues i couldnt pass judgement. Im not sure about the standard of the portuguese 2nd division but i know about the country i live in.

Good insight there, thanks. My research on Norways football is pretty much what you’ve said. Bloke and his dog watching lads running around in the cold. Too bad the football leagues are not as strong as their economy eh!

people have mentioned on a few posts about who is or isn't certain players agents . please see below-

kiko- super stadium

macintosh - sk fortitude

knops- soccer solutions

Tavares- foot expande

Pereira - no agent

de Freitas - groupe usm

cicilia - groupe usm

saleiro - promo sport

mbamba - no agent

it will be our first chance to view these players tomorrow , they may all be garbage , they may all be brilliant , either way start to judge when they start kicking a ball and not before . we have heard it all before about how great players are (tudor) or how shocking they are (sodje) and we know how they turned out . fingers crossed it won't be a disaster but I will rule nothing out .

People comparing this to Andoh should remember that Andoh came through at Porto, not the Norwegian second tier.

What worries me, is that we were told that Ribeiro brought contacts across football at the highest level. The players we have signed are not the result of contacts. The Portuguese second tier, the Norwegian Second Tier, the Dutch second tier are not leagues where contacts are required. Anyone can sign a player from them.

There's been no update on the Mourinho link, no signings from the English leagues, and I haven't heard Ribeiro say anything since he gave his first interview.

I'm sure as a fan I should be sitting here, whispering to myself that 'everything will be fine, life-long football fan Smurthwaite knows what he's doing, these players were in the Norwegian second tier because everyone else has missed out on this unpolished gem', but I honestly am bricking it for next year. I have a genuine fear of relegation.

Cue 'doom-mongerer', 'Mbamba tore up the Norwegian lower tier' and 'Kjell Knops is the Dutch Dean Glover'.

getting a bit fed up of coming on this forum, and reading ........

'having lived in blah blah blah for several years'

'i no the countrys standard of football, pyramid etc'

'they are the equivalent of etc..........'

have we got a fan base of scout's / football experts ?

People comparing this to Andoh should remember that Andoh came through at Porto, not the Norwegian second tier.

What worries me, is that we were told that Ribeiro brought contacts across football at the highest level. The players we have signed are not the result of contacts. The Portuguese second tier, the Norwegian Second Tier, the Dutch second tier are not leagues where contacts are required. Anyone can sign a player from them.

There's been no update on the Mourinho link, no signings from the English leagues, and I haven't heard Ribeiro say anything since he gave his first interview.

I'm sure as a fan I should be sitting here, whispering to myself that 'everything will be fine, life-long football fan Smurthwaite knows what he's doing, these players were in the Norwegian second tier because everyone else has missed out on this unpolished gem', but I honestly am bricking it for next year. I have a genuine fear of relegation.

Cue 'doom-mongerer', 'Mbamba tore up the Norwegian lower tier' and 'Kjell Knops is the Dutch Dean Glover'.

Personally i fully agree

Andoh had a season in our reserve team to get him up to speed too. We won't have time to ease the new players in.

Andoh had a season in our reserve team to get him up to speed too. We won't have time to ease the new players in.

weve got a month, how much more time do you need? all's there doing is going out there to play football, i dont buy this no time malarky. it's unbelievable how much you come on here to doom and gloom about the vale.

getting a bit fed up of coming on this forum, and reading ........

'having lived in blah blah blah for several years'

'i no the countrys standard of football, pyramid etc'

'they are the equivalent of etc..........'

have we got a fan base of scout's / football experts ?

Yes.

Archived