onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Christopher Mbamba signs

valeparklife

Advert

It's all it Norwegian and my work computer doesn't translate where's Spunkers when you need him!:razz:

Port Vale at level three in English football is Mbamba new employer.

The clubs came earlier this week to agree on a transition to the winger, who joins his new employer immediately.

- It's not every day we send players to Port Vale, says Stein Arne Ingelstad, general manager of HamKam, the HA sport.

He says that it was easy to reach an agreement with the English club.

- He wanted to combine it with studies, and then there was a player who was not necessarily included in our future plans, so when we chose to come to terms with the player about it, telling Ingelstad.

Mbamba, which originally had left six months of contract with HamKam, showed signs of good form just before the holidays, and scored a beautiful goal in the big win against Brattvåg in the last game before the holiday started.

- Yes, and he probably had his best game, after he took ligament about a year ago, in the last home match. When he managed well, explains Ingelstad, which will not enter how much HamKam get the transfer fee for the player.

- There is an agreement between the clubs, which are not official, in this respect. A brand standard and common agreement.

- Do you sit again with some money?

- It is small, and no major issues, smiles Ingelstad.

Mbamba will therefore opportunity to play himself into the heat of Port Vale, who also is the favorite team to artist Robbie Williams.

That whole sentence is completely wrong in all sorts of ways.

Let's not forget we were 99% British through v2001.

I suspect Burton and Barnsley were 99% British last season. I'm normally reasonably positive at the start of the season, but I cannot see this ending well at all.

I 'm sure "British" isn't just meant in the sense of British players but rather players experienced in this country (and League One in particular).

I am relieved we already have some experience in the likes of Grant, Foley and Purkiss but even the other players (Streete, Alnwick, Kelly only have a few appearances). The newcomers have none.

For me, I think it may have been wise to supplement the buys from other leagues with a couple of players who have "been here and done it" such as an experienced centre-half and striker. That would give us an experienced spine of the side.

But who knows, perhaps the new signings will immediately adapt and wow us all...

I'd have preferred us to adopt the Peterborough model of signing young players and developing then selling. I think that's the 'Port Vale way' that we all loved.

I just feel that we may be outfought a lot next season, regardless of their ability. And I'm not saying all foreign players don't have the stomach for a fight (look at Viera/Stam/Gattuso etc) but the level they are coming from will be another world from L1 football.

This really is becoming Port Vale on Football Manager now and I'm seriously getting concerned.

Researched this lad a bit and there is really nothing to suggest he'll do any good. He seems injury prone, played at a much lower level than L1 (Not my opinion, opinion of Norwegian supporters who've seen him play. About all I can make out is he has pace.

How the hell are we going to have a spirited team? We have a team of individuals here for 'the experience' or 'for individual glory' to help forge a career in English football. How will they communicate in the dressing room, training, on the pitch? Even socially? In a city that hates, no detests, foreigners?

If you want to push for the championship, then sign championship players.

I'm all for a spruce up and change from before, but this really is becoming strange.

There are 100,000's of football scouts all over the world... clubs with agents who have 100 times the cash we can spend so at age of 24 he's never had a trial anywhere in England... suggests DISASTER for me.

Out of all the signings the only inspiring ones are Kiko and Cellina or whatever that lads (striker) name is.

I hope in 5-6 months people throw this back in my face but I'm seriously considering putting £100 on us to be relegated, £188 profit back (I am not a gambling man at all) so it would ease my suffering a bit more and pay for a League 2 season ticket.

God I hope I'm wrong.

Archived