onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

boltonsno1

Advert

And, as I said, Chris Birchall in particular played very well when called upon when injuries hit earlier this/ that/ last season, as did Adam Yates for the most part. What do you think we'd be able to buy with the combined wages of those two?

We'll have to disagree on that one because I feel that they've both looked way short of the standard required. Surely their combined wage could get somebody in of substance? They're both senior players who have been with the club a while, so they won't be on absolute peanuts.

For me it's about getting rid of your Yates', Birchalls', Johnsons', Lloyds' etc. in order to shave at least 10 off the current squad. Then you bring in 3 or 4 quality additions using the wages of the 10 or so released and then supplement the squad with a few canny loanees from higher up the leagues. You only need a squad of 18-22 in this league in my opinion.

as I said before Geo, if me aunt had balls should have been me uncle, too many iffs buts and maybees, why can't supporters accept the fact that we haven't been good enough either on the pitch or off it, the buck has to eventually stop somewhere.

It does stop eventually but it will be higher than page

We'll have to disagree on that one because I feel that they've both looked way short of the standard required. Surely their combined wage could get somebody in of substance? They're both senior players who have been with the club a while, so they won't be on absolute peanuts.

For me it's about getting rid of your Yates', Birchalls', Johnsons', Lloyds' etc. in order to shave at least 10 off the current squad. Then you bring in 3 or 4 quality additions using the wages of the 10 or so released and then supplement the squad with a few canny loanees from higher up the leagues. You only need a squad of 18-22 in this league in my opinion.

Where your theory has a hole in it is,

1 you have to pay the wages of the loan player

2 clubs often charge a loan fee

3 you have to put them up in a hotel which costs money

4 they aren't always players available in the position you have an injury

5 knock out the first year pros who are on very very little and we didn't have a big squad last year .... so get rid of 10 and bring in 4 won't give us a team plus 7 on the bench

Lee Blakeman has just tweeted that the retained list is expected to be out at by the end of the week!!

So fan's have been waiting all day to hear this important news.We then get told after 17:00 by Lee Blakeman from Radio Stoke the list is 'EXPECTED' to be out by the end of the week.

I flicked over to the 'Official club website' and guess what there was nothing on there about it.

If nothing else the running of the club,the communication from the club the contradictions from the club it gives us something to laugh about.

Lee Blakeman has just tweeted that the retained list is expected to be out at by the end of the week!!

Go on then I'll start.

Does this mean Smurf has sold the club and we will have a new owner by the end of the week?

The decision on a few players needs extra time, a penalty shoot-out has been arranged for Friday, admission by ticket only but it is not known where from.

Whats the rush ? this is players livelihoods we are talking about,the end of this week or next week what does it matter ?

Because it's juicy & we want it now.

In all seriousness though, they're got their own futures to sort out, so if it's been decided who is leaving, it is in their livelihoods best interest for it to be made public, so other clubs are aware, & they can get on with applying elsewhere.

Archived