onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list

boltonsno1

Advert

I take your point on the backup players but I just feel we need to concentrate our efforts on a really good first 11 with a few reasonable game changer subs. Keeping the likes of Yates and Birchall is not something that a side aiming for the top should be doing in my opinion as they're not even good as back up.

If you care to look back at my posts (even before the preseason disaster), I berated Johnson well before and often referred to him as dopy or a liability.

Back up players may well be needed but a decent first team is essential.... those are the ones that need backing up.

Signing players simply because they are cheap is a false economy... more often than not you get what you pay for.

Instead of filling the team with rump or chuck lets get a bit of prime fillet..... feeling hungry now

All keepers have dodgy spells, look at Jak Alnwick over Easter for example or that keeper at Stoke who seems to let every shot in at the minute. Johnson has proved his capabilities at Halifax and probably has a brighter future in the game than either Alnwick or Neal.

All keepers have dodgy spells, look at Jak Alnwick over Easter for example or that keeper at Stoke who seems to let every shot in at the minute. Johnson has proved his capabilities at Halifax and probably has a brighter future in the game than either Alnwick or Neal.

In my opinion he'll be released and play in non league. He's not got the ability or attributes to make it further. Way too lacsidasical (spell??) and just never looked comfortable to me. I'd be amazed if he proved me otherwise.

That is utterly-*******-ridiculous.

I take your point on the backup players but I just feel we need to concentrate our efforts on a really good first 11 with a few reasonable game changer subs. Keeping the likes of Yates and Birchall is not something that a side aiming for the top should be doing in my opinion as they're not even good as back up.

Back up players may well be needed but a decent first team is essential.... those are the ones that need backing up.

Signing players simply because they are cheap is a false economy... more often than not you get what you pay for.

Instead of filling the team with rump or chuck lets get a bit of prime fillet..... feeling hungry now

They're not signed because they're cheap, they're signed because they're capable and the manager knows/ trusts them. I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall here but if we didn't have AY & CB, we would have had to sign replacements and, for the small amount of money that they're on, it's highly unlikely that we'd get better. Both players are more than adequate squad players. Birchall in particular played very well when called upon and contributed, I think, 2 goals and 2 assists during the relatively few minutes he played.

Can you let me know where you are buying your green from, it is clearly out of this world.

Isnt that a disastrous run?

as I said before Geo, if me aunt had balls should have been me uncle, too many iffs buts and maybees, why can't supporters accept the fact that we haven't been good enough either on the pitch or off it, the buck has to eventually stop somewhere.

as I said before Geo, if me aunt had balls should have been me uncle, too many iffs buts and maybees, why can't supporters accept the fact that we haven't been good enough either on the pitch or off it, the buck has to eventually stop somewhere.

So the WUMing isn't on off-season liek the players then? Sad ******

They're not signed because they're cheap, they're signed because they're capable and the manager knows/ trusts them. I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall here but if we didn't have AY & CB, we would have had to sign replacements and, for the small amount of money that they're on, it's highly unlikely that we'd get better. Both players are more than adequate squad players. Birchall in particular played very well when called upon and contributed, I think, 2 goals and 2 assists during the relatively few minutes he played.

I don't deny that we need back up. What I would debate is the capability of yates and birchall even as back up. They both look so far below the standard that surely we can get better younger players on similar money? We'd get absolutely no where with those two in the side if injuries hit.

Page out because Crewe are *****? Crikey.

Archived