onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tax haven info released > GM Foods

JOHNNYAITCH

I don't mind the government telling us it's policy but not at the taxpayers expense[\quote]]

Where else does the money come from? They cant use party funds

and certainly not in unlimited amounts of money,something which the Leave campaign does not have.[\quote]

Cos its not govt policy to leave

Talking about misleading claims,the government leaflet claims that "Remaining in the EU is essential to controlling immigration and securing our borders"?

Nothing could be further from the truth.[/Quote]

I am not claiming its accurate

Advert

Why shouldn't the govt tell us its policy? Call it propaganda if you wish but it's govt policy (and I'm wavering towards leave). Doesn't mean I agree with what's in it.

The Vote Leave campaign has been reported to the Electoral Commission for allegedly making misleading claims in their own voter leaflet.

Cameron the tax dodger wants to stay in the EU what better reason for us all to vote leave imho

Just spent a day in St Barts in the Caribbean, a tax/money dodging haven if ever there was one. The wealth on display was breath taking, the cars, the yatch's and the shops along the keyside, $250 for a tee shirt, a shop selling Breguet watches at $500,000+. The superyacht "A", which a Google search revealed was owned by a Russian Billionaire and built for a miserly $300m was moored in the harbor alongside many other extravagant floating palaces.

As an accountant in practice I am registered and required to submit suspicious activity reports to the National Crime Agency where I suspect a client of crime, other illegality and money laundering etc. I last reported a large company in 2011. There are many eyes in the UK.

Of course only Cameron is in possession of the facts, and there are sensitivities by virtue of his father being deceased only a few years ago, but his explanations and extent of disclosure so far have been commendable.

I think it is important to accept that many people have investments directly and indirectly abroad and need mechanisms to do that. In my case it is via Virgin, through a series of funds widely available on the high street. I trust them to trade lawfully and ethically and I think they do. But I don't check up on that. The UK, particularly London, is a country that specializes in financial services and investing all over the world. It is a vital part of the economy and tax revenue generated.

can't see that tax havens wherever are a problem to posters on this forum, it certainly aint going to concern me and my begging letters and it's doubtful whether anyone on here is amongst the top 5%, maybe REP JACKO SKINTY and GEO.:D

Jacko's a former teacher so she's probably in the top 5% 😂

Geo I can't imagine pays tax here?

Skinty probably as he runs a multi billion pound business but I'm happy to announce I've always been employed by an English company wherever in the world I work and I've always paid full tax!

Pops is an ex footballer so he must be in the top 5%! 😂

Oxfordshire man buys shares,cashes them in and pays tax on profits.The left wing press and the Labia party go into melt down.Witchfinder Watson on the case.Be afraid ,be very afraid.:rolleyes:

Has Watson apologised to Leon Brittain's family yet?

Consider this,most pension fund investment schemes are held in tax havens and our own National Lottery is now owned by one of Canada's biggest public pension funds,namely the Ontario Teachers Pension Fund,who use offshore tax havens as part of their investment strategies to improve their returns and reduce their taxes.Nobody seems to have a problem with this?

Countries compete in the corporation tax field. UK is fairly competitive now and attracting business here. But there are always lower challengers like Ireland and Luxembourg which are small countries getting more than their size justifies by really low ball rates. For example B&M Retail which went public in 2014 and has 550 plus stores in the UK and 50 in Germany with HQ in Liverpool is ultimately a Luxembourg registered company. Is that bad? Well it is not unlawful and the ethics are governed by business drivers - returns for the shareholders and other stakeholders at the expense of the U.K. government. But of course this arrangement leaves the company scope to expand through investment in new stores - so that is economically good for the UK. Except that about 30% of what B&M sells is imported. So that is bad? Or good, more choice and better prices for the customers? And so the debate can go on. It's a world of trade now and the ups and downs have to be tolerated and UK Ltd is doing ok but could do better.

The US corporation tax rate is about 15% higher than the UK and very uncompetitive. The side effect is heavy incentive to avoid tax in the US which is the worlds largest economy. This boosts tax havens as companies off shore themselves.

The US corporation tax rate is about 15% higher than the UK and very uncompetitive. The side effect is heavy incentive to avoid tax in the US which is the worlds largest economy. This boosts tax havens as companies off shore themselves.

The US has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world (35%) and is also one of the few countries that taxes its companies and residents on their world wide profits/income. The bottom line is that many US companies move their registration/headquarters/base to the likes of Ireland and Switzerland who have much lower levels of corporate tax (12.5% and 8.5% respectively) to legally pay less tax, jobs are also created in these countries as a result.

Donald Trump insists he will lower US Corporation tax if elected to be more competitive and stem the loss of US companies and jobs abroad.

Archived