onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter C 2 Port Vale 0 Post Match comments

Fosse69

Advert

Lack of effort by players. Alnwick the exception. Feel sorry for Smurf and fans with the time, money and effort put into the club. Page should be able to motivate the players which he didn't do today. Away negativity again.

The players were not interested and should be ashamed, as they just jogged around all afternoon.They were lucky in the last round too.Days off should be cancelled and a reality check as most are not fit to wear the shirt.There's a thrashing on the cards in the next few games if they perform like today.

Seconded, words other than clueless, shameful, gutless and cowardly can only be used to describe the players (other than Alnwick) and the management for that disgrace of a performance.

We were completely outplayed, out thought and out managed today.

It was my daughters first game of the season, with about 20 minutes left she said she didn't want to go again as she found no enjoyment from the game - my heart sank completely.

I'd like to thank those who played outfield and who managed the team for a disgraceful FA Cup campaign. We played well in one half out of six in this season's campaign.

It will be interesting to hear what Page has to say after overseeing that shambles - players gave their all did they?

COWARDS - defend that if you can in the press this week.

This is something we really need to address. As I've said before attractive passing football is all well and good but at the moment we're not doing it and it's just boring, bland and predictable. Competing against them up the road is hard enough already - the very least we can do is make is exciting to watch. How else are we going to attract a new fan base?

Why all the praise for Alnwick? He was as bad as the rest of the team today, his distribution was crap, constantly aiming for Birchall who ain't the tallest of players, does not control his box, rarely going for balls in to the box. Couple of good saves does not mean he had an excellent game. Personally thought our best player today was Duffy, without him holding the line at the back it would easily have been 6 or 7. Streete and Purkiss were shocking.

The players have to shoulder some of the blame for today's performance. Even if Jurgen Klopp was manager if you're players don't give you 7/10 minimum then you're in trouble. Most of our players turned in 4's or 5's today and what's wrong with Remi Streete? He had a shocker!

The players have to shoulder some of the blame for today's performance. Even if Jurgen Klopp was manager if you're players don't give you 7/10 minimum then you're in trouble. Most of our players turned in 4's or 5's today and what's wrong with Remi Streete? He had a shocker!
Don't suppose Jurgen was too happy today either:)

I blame the players end of.

I wonder if Pelligrini and Klop are looking over their shoulders following defeats ? And they have untold riches in their pockets to improve.

Sorry, Its all the players fault they shouldnt need a manager to motivate them,it should come from within.

It was indeed a terrible performance today... dire, awful, disgraceful, shocking... and lots of other words that mean the same thing. And that's just the polite ones.

The players looked disinterested and lethargic, and our style of play was too slow and 'tippy-tappy' - that is when we weren't hoofing it up to players who won absolutely nothing in the air. O'Conner looks a shadow of the player he was last year - is he fit? Isn't looking/playing like he is. Perhaps it's time to go back to Grant/Foley in the middle - Grant's game has also gone off since M O'C returned.

Unfortunately, only Alnwick, Duffy and Kelly (2nd half sub) played to anything like an acceptable standard. The rest were worth about 2 or 3 out of 10 - if that.

"Gutless & uninterested" is just two words to describe the majority of the Players wearing the white Vale Shirt today, respect to the 305 loyal travelling supporters who made the journey down. If I could I would force them players reimburse the travelling fans all of their travelling costs for today. It will only be made worse tomorrow evening if Exeter get a plum tie from the FA 3rd draw. At the end of the day Exeter did their homework on Vale & wanted a lot more than our lot did. Obviously, team tactics also come into it & that is another matter.

The players are obviously to blame, coaches are on the side not the pitch! I may be mistaken, but watching the TV replay this evening it looked very much like Streete who allowed their lad to get the header in for the first goal!

Archived