onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Neal and O'Connor

bar1

For me o'connor has got to play when he is fit also although duffy is playing out of his skin streete is still head and shoulders a better player would love see him ryan together.Those people who have slated page and smurf on here ought to hold there heads in shame its a pleasure to watch the vale play now and long may it carry on the best of it i think we can better still .

Disagree with your first part , at this moment can't drop Duffy, he's been outstanding, totally agree with your 2nd part, page and smurf done fantastic, but you know when we take a dip in form, and we will, the knockers will be back, but that's what it's about, opinions

Advert

Ever considered changing your avatar Hamil?

Being of a certain age dont know how to do it but will ask the grandson if he can help me love to have pulis on hanging by his neck really.

Disagree with your first part , at this moment can't drop Duffy, he's been outstanding, totally agree with your 2nd part, page and smurf done fantastic, but you know when we take a dip in form, and we will, the knockers will be back, but that's what it's about, opinions

You are right its all about opinions and to my mind like i said duffy is playing out of his skin but streete is by far the better player got that touch of class that makes it look easy but i dont care who plays just as long as we keep picking up points.

As many have commented, what a brilliant set of problems for Rob Page to have. Let's enjoy while we can. Without wishing to be too pessimistic, but realistically we are bound to have some more injury problems during the next few weeks and when they happen, we can reflect on the current debate taking place and think what a good position to be in!

We miss O'Connor's set pieces, but I personally prefer the all round play of Foley and Grant. Both retain possession much better, both can go past players, Foley looks a more consistent goal threat from open play. Too early to judge Alnwick as better than Neal, although he was exceptional on Tuesday night, he hasn't had masses to do in the league yet.

If Neal had an op on his ankle I can't imagine him being match fit for some time, hence the six months for Alnick. Worries me a little with the silence over O'Connors knee injury which may just be worse than first thought. A fit O'Connor would be a shoe in. Once he starts training he will need time to get up to speed, luckily Foley and Grant get better as a partnership each game.

Fortunately we are getting to the stage where no-one comes back in automatically and we do not need to push players into the team before they are ready. Remember also that we are a selling team and we need replacements for our better players if they go. Some will be watched by higher teams after recent performances, especially against West Brom.

I agree with tenement that I would consider resting Moore and playing Foley a little wider. Foley is growing into a very, very useful player alongside Grant. Let's be honest Moore has not really shone these past few games. I'm not knocking him, just saying he's gone a little of the boil and doesn't seem to take on full backs like he did the first few games. He has an excellent relationship with Purkiss BUT for me Moore is the one to consider using as a sub when O'Connor is fit.

I agree with tenement that I would consider resting Moore and playing Foley a little wider. Foley is growing into a very, very useful player alongside Grant. Let's be honest Moore has not really shone these past few games. I'm not knocking him, just saying he's gone a little of the boil and doesn't seem to take on full backs like he did the first few games. He has an excellent relationship with Purkiss BUT for me Moore is the one to consider using as a sub when O'Connor is fit.

Cant agree on Moore, he's been quality this season. Part of the reason we've started so well has been his link up play with Purkiss.

Archived