onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Neal and O'Connor

bar1

Advert

And/or apply pressure on the number 10 position.

You don't like Dodds do you? Do you really think that Foley or O'Connor can play that role? I don't think that they can. So, in my opinion, O'Connor returning is nothing to do with the number 10 position. If Dodds doesn't merit his inclusion in the team then so be it but please don't bring it into this thread.

Anyway, again in my opinion, Dodds has more than justified his inclusion to date in the present system.

Just to clarify, I want O'Connor back in the starting line up as he is by far our best player and a wonderful leader on the pitch.

You don't like Dodds do you? Do you really think that Foley or O'Connor can play that role? I don't think that they can. So, in my opinion, O'Connor returning is nothing to do with the number 10 position. If Dodds doesn't merit his inclusion in the team then so be it but please don't bring it into this thread.

Anyway, again in my opinion, Dodds has more than justified his inclusion to date in the present system.

Just to clarify, I want O'Connor back in the starting line up as he is by far our best player and a wonderful leader on the pitch.

You make a lot of assumptions their Bert that are completely incorrect. I made it clear that it applies pressure to that role as well as the wide areas as someone else suggested.

The depth and versatility of the squad is a key function to being successful and this benefits everyone.

On Dodds specifically if you choose to actually read my previous posts you will see that I thought (Crewe aside) he was good or better in at least 45 minutes of each game I have referenced him ;)

The main concern with him for me is his lack of goals which he has been challenged on by the manager. In the formation we are playing it is vital that the number 10 and the wingers contribute goals to support the striker who is actually averaging not far off 1 in 2.

I don't think O'C could play that role personally but I certainly think Foley is bright enough to do so and he has more goals.

For me I don't care who is a nice guy and not really who has talent or plays well, I care about results and the finished product, everything else is simply window dressing.

I think Dodds would have scored about 5 by now if it werent for excellent goalkeeping, some of his best efforts have been brilliantly saved. Not much a player can do about that except keep hitting the target, evntually they will start going in.

I think we would miss foleys energy in the middle but we definately miss o'connors set pieces. In some ways Page has been lucky not to have had to make that call yet. Another test for him as a manager when they are all fit.

I think Dodds would have scored about 5 by now if it werent for excellent goalkeeping, some of his best efforts have been brilliantly saved. Not much a player can do about that except keep hitting the target, evntually they will start going in.

I think we would miss foleys energy in the middle but we definately miss o'connors set pieces. In some ways Page has been lucky not to have had to make that call yet. Another test for him as a manager when they are all fit.

Play O'Connor in the centre and move Foley over to the left.

Think Dodds has had a solid start myself, but think Foley and AJ can challenge him for the position.

Feel MOC should play alongside grant when fit for his dead ball work if nothing else

I agree with that.. some of vale's set Pieces this season have been crying out for O'Connor....we had Dickinson taking one at one point

Archived