onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Neal and O'Connor

bar1

Advert

I think they'll struggle to get back in, Neal especially as Alnwick has been superb on the rare occasions he's been called upon.

MOC is class but who do you drop at the moment? Dodds has been excellent, Grant is a different class and I'm pretty sure Sam Foley is still chasing the ball down now...

It's a very nice and rare problem for a Vale manager to have!

I think they'll struggle to get back in, Neal especially as Alnwick has been superb on the rare occasions he's been called upon.

MOC is class but who do you drop at the moment? Dodds has been excellent, Grant is a different class and I'm pretty sure Sam Foley is still chasing the ball down now...

It's a very nice and rare problem for a Vale manager to have!

I believe that had MOC been fit at the start of the season he would have started with Foley moving to the left ahead of Kelly. However Andoh's rise to the first team it could be a lot more interesting.

I believe that had MOC been fit at the start of the season he would have started with Foley moving to the left ahead of Kelly. However Andoh's rise to the first team it could be a lot more interesting.

Id certainly keep Alnwick in, good keeper and like how he uses the ball quickly.

Part of me thinks a fit O'Connor has to play, we've certainly lacked his set pieces. However, the only players we could drop to accommodate are Foley or Dodds. Foley has great energy and a box to box player and Dodds is having a great spell in his more suited '10' role. Tough calls to make.

Id certainly keep Alnwick in, good keeper and like how he uses the ball quickly.

Part of me thinks a fit O'Connor has to play, we've certainly lacked his set pieces. However, the only players we could drop to accommodate are Foley or Dodds. Foley has great energy and a box to box player and Dodds is having a great spell in his more suited '10' role. Tough calls to make.

It's a brilliant problem to have. Personally I think he could edge out Dodds or Moore with Foley playing wide.

Either way competition for places and struggling to get such quality back in the team is a bit of a dream, takes me back to the 90's!

I agree with the comments. It's great to have too many good players for certain positions rather than too few.

I think Jak Alnwick's only on a short-term deal, if he keeps doing well, perhaps he's another (like Andoh) to consider tying down on a longer deal.

I agree with the comments. It's great to have too many good players for certain positions rather than too few.

I think Jak Alnwick's only on a short-term deal, if he keeps doing well, perhaps he's another (like Andoh) to consider tying down on a longer deal.

I think it's a no brainer Rob- two competenmt and competitive 'keeprs is an excellent situation to be in as opposed to having one and a back up.

I think it's a no brainer Rob- two competent and competitive 'keepers is an excellent situation to be in as opposed to having one and a back up.

...with both benefitting from some decent goalkeeping coaching for once. It was counterproductive having 1 keeper trying to usurp the other with only Grew's useless advice to learn from.

Alnwick's done nothing wrong so it's his job to lose at the moment. I think you have to keep Alnwick because Neal has had a few niggly injury problems in his time with us plus Johnson can't be relied upon at all. For me a fit O'Connor has to be in the team. He was magnificent last season and reminded me at times of the best central midfielders I've seen at Vale, Messrs Walker and Earle. High praise I know. So sorry Foley drops to the bench.

Given the excellent start to the season and a seemingly settled side.....Streete/Brown/Kelly/Lloyd/Daniel/AJ have got game time plus Johnston and Birchall have been on the bench....(.Deen-Conteh/Smith/Yates and probably Campion next are out on loan plus the first year professionals are also probably out of the picture in terms of the first team squad)....so Neal/McGivern/O'Connor/JJ Hooper are all waiting to get involved.

So while the first eleven of Alnwick/Purkiss/Inniss/Duffy/Dicko/Moore/Grant/Foley/Andoh/Dodds/Ikpeazu continue the good work then in terms of

a future match day 18 the quality of the bench is staggering...Neal/Streete/McGivern/Brown/O'Connor/AJ Leitch-Smith/JJ Hooper.....with Birchall/Daniel/Johnson/Boot/Kelly/Lloyd/Kapend etc in reserve.

For me o'connor has got to play when he is fit also although duffy is playing out of his skin streete is still head and shoulders a better player would love see him ryan together.Those people who have slated page and smurf on here ought to hold there heads in shame its a pleasure to watch the vale play now and long may it carry on the best of it i think we can better still .

I think it's a no brainer Rob- two competenmt and competitive 'keeprs is an excellent situation to be in as opposed to having one and a back up.

I'd like to think Neal and Alnwick battling for the jersey with Boot hopefully loaned out to a decent side for a spell (Conference if possible).

That leaves Johnson and I guess that's up to him. I would hope he goes out somewhere on loan (say League Two) and forces his way back with some great performances. But I suspect that as he's out of contract at the end of the season, it may be best if he rebuilds his career elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if the club let him go if there was any interest *

* I guess the advantage is that goalies are not normally tied by the transfer window (as you can get a replacement for an injured goalie as an emergency) so it would be nice if Sam was given a chance by another club now it looks like his PVFC career is almost over.

Archived