onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Elliot signs for wimbledon!!

carpetman123

Advert

The problem isn't with Eliott. The problem is that good strikers are signing for clubs and we don't seem to be even close.

Get a grip man!

There are many others out there and loads of Clubs are still assessing and building squads. So far we have done what was seriously required....shore up our defence and if Inniss now comes to us we are a good way to becoming a squad that will excite and be successful. Give it a few days or so and Norman and Page will come up with some forwards to add to our Valiants future.

Get a grip man!

There are many others out there and loads of Clubs are still assessing and building squads. So far we have done what was seriously required....shore up our defence and if Inniss now comes to us we are a good way to becoming a squad that will excite and be successful. Give it a few days or so and Norman and Page will come up with some forwards to add to our Valiants future.

You ever heard of verrucca salt out of willy wonka? She was based on me.

Just get off Dean Glover's back guys - some of the peevish comments on here are pathetic. As has been said many times, great player, not a manager, had to work with a poor board and poorer players when he managed the club. It wasn't his finest hour, but he has served the club well overall. If the existing set up see fit to give him a scouting role, that is fine by me. Good luck Deano, I hope you unearth an Andy Jones or Ian Taylor to help the club forward - even if to silence those who love to come on here and slag you off. You are one of our team - up the Vale.

Vale fans are hilarious at times. It's 5 weeks until the opening game, by which team we'll have one or two more strikers in the squad.

Have people got nothing better to do than panic themselves silly because we haven't signed a striker yet?

Just get off Dean Glover's back guys - some of the peevish comments on here are pathetic. As has been said many times, great player, not a manager, had to work with a poor board and poorer players when he managed the club. It wasn't his finest hour, but he has served the club well overall. If the existing set up see fit to give him a scouting role, that is fine by me. Good luck Deano, I hope you unearth an Andy Jones or Ian Taylor to help the club forward - even if to silence those who love to come on here and slag you off. You are one of our team - up the Vale.

Hear hear!! :yes::yes::yes:

One of the finest players ever to kick a ball for the Vale and also one of our longest serving players.

Quite often great players don't transfer well to management, the most prominent examples being Bobby Charlton who, IMHO, was one of the greatest players of all time (ask Pele or Beckenbauer) and Stan Matthews. It just wasn't their thing.

You clearly can't remember what an utter (and clueless) **** he came across as when he was manager?!

Do you not think he's had more than enough jobs at the club since he finished playing? - he must be on his 7th or 8th now - and in how many of those has he proved competent? (maybe with the youth team, but nowhere near when anything to do with the first team)

Good it would have been a horrific signing.

Agree, I'm chuffed that we've not signed Elliott and even more so by where he's gone and this quote from Wimbledon's manager -

"He went away and there was a lot of interest from other clubs, to the point where he had an offer from a League One club and I thought we'd lose him, but we've managed to seal the deal."

So, we were the only club in League 1 to want him?! That in itself is worrying if he's a standard of player that Page wants to play up front...although it sounds like he still doesn't really know what he wants, going from today's Sentinel -

"We have spoken to Tom, but I am not confident on that one...We have other targets and I have to think of how we want to play next season. We are leaving it open at the minute."

Archived