onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Elliot signs for wimbledon!!

carpetman123

I think most people are missing the point here. Whether Elliot is good enough to be competitive is neither here or there. The fact is we were obviously outbid by a L2 side which I for one find extremely worrying.

I don't think it may be just down to money.

For instance, Wimbledon could appeal to Elliott because:

1. They may have told him he was going to start games, Vale may have offered him more of a squad role.

2. London can appeal more than Stoke. He may have family there or simply prefer it to a move to the Potteries.

So, I don't think it's necessarily that we've been "outbid" (though we could have been) as it could also be other factors as well.

Advert

We love Old Sage really, his negativity would give this site an imdb rating of 10.

I love him to bits, him and Geo may well be my OVF nemeses (sic) but without debate and their sometimes bog eyed and extreme views of Vale life it would certainly be a lot duller (if slightly less doom and gloom filled) :laugh:

I signed up to Gigglane.com (the Bury forum) just to start banter with him on there next season and I'm waiting for him to confirm his season ticket position at Bury so I can chuck pies at him every time Popey misses a sitter!

I do think in all seriousness Pope will score more than Louis Dodds next season though :)

I love him to bits, him and Geo may well be my OVF nemeses (sic) but with out debate and their sometimes **** eyed and extreme views of Vale life it would certainly be a lot duller (if slightly less doom and gloom filled) :laugh:

I signed up to Gigglane.com (the Bury forum) just to start banter with him on there next season and I'm waiting for him to confirm his season ticket position at Bury so I can chuck pies at him every time Popey misses a sitter!

I do think in all seriousness Pope will score more than Louis Dodds next season though :)

You going be throwing a lot of pies then, hope you have deep pockets ;-)

I don't think it may be just down to money.

For instance, Wimbledon could appeal to Elliott because:

1. They may have told him he was going to start games, Vale may have offered him more of a squad role.

2. London can appeal more than Stoke. He may have family there or simply prefer it to a move to the Potteries.

So, I don't think it's necessarily that we've been "outbid" (though we could have been) as it could also be other factors as well.

Just on your point 1. I would imagine that had we offered in a squad position to Elliott, that it was squad money as well. 1st team money at AFC Wimbledon, regardless of their stature as a club is more likely to be better than us offering him squad money.

More money, more games and not being in Stoke. Bit of a no-brainer really :D

I don't; I find his attitude negative at best absolutely ridiculous at worst
I would suggest that you keep your powder dry before telling me and and everyone else who has a different opinion than you how negative we are. When we have new strikers in scoring goals for fun I will hold my hand up and say 'I was wrong' until then like me just keep your powder dry is my advice.

I would suggest that you keep your powder dry before telling me and and everyone else who has a different opinion than you how negative we are. When we have new strikers in scoring goals for fun I will hold my hand up and say 'I was wrong' until then like me just keep your powder dry is my advice.

In fairness none of our strikers have "scored for fun" since we got promoted OS.

I think most people are missing the point here. Whether Elliot is good enough to be competitive is neither here or there. The fact is we were obviously outbid by a L2 side which I for one find extremely worrying.

Can you honestly think Wimbledon's budget is bigger than ours OS?We have already spent £1.85m.

Can you think Wimbledon's budget is bigger than OS?We have already spent £1.85m.
One or two have questioned those figures though Howjy. With Pope, Williamson, Lines and Verseli gone I too find the figures a little suspect.

One or two have questioned those figures though Howjy. With Pope, Williamson, Lines and Verseli gone I too find the figures a little suspect.

Only people incapable of simple maths have questioned that figure. We have reduced our budget and signed 5 players. We also still have 150k + available to sign a forward or two .

Ok then I will reword my statement with 1 in 3. That equates to 15 goals a season.

OS,Tom has only scored over 15 TWICE,in a season ,in his career.We'll get someone whose capable of doing that mate.Dunna be so bitter.Nip up the ground get your ST.That wad must be burning a hole in your pocket.;)

OS,Tom has only scored over 15 TWICE,in a season ,in his career.We'll get someone whose capable of doing that mate.Dunna be so bitter.Nip up the ground get your ST.That wad must be burning a hole in your pocket.;)

And only once in the league season. There are plenty out there looking at lists of available players. Be great to see who we get in over the next 2-3 weeks.

Archived