onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Angry Birchall

Alan Baker

Advert

Sorry, but that loyalty included him moving first to Coventry and then the States, before dropping on a nice number close to home with the Vale. I do question whether he is what the Vale need given that attitude.

I've just said something similar elsewhere..

Well he didn't show loyalty when he went to Coventry on a much better contract which I don't blame him for. I Wonder who the other clubs are and how far away from home they are? Bit strange that he's not prepared to travel for a better contract for someone who went to LA.

If this has been reported correctly then it looks really bad that he's unhappy just after signing and weeks before the season has even started.

Petulance at its height! I am usually very mild mannered when it comes to Vale players but this is downright stupidity on his part, putting out statements as he's done. Majority of Valiants didn't want him in the Team in the fist place, but now he really has cooked his goose and can expect a backlash that Page and Norman should take note of.

I assume, big assumption I know, that he will only be a fringe player at best. Surely Page cannot be so blind to see that Chris is NOT up to Division 1 standard at this stage of his career?

I'm astounded and disappointed by his comments, Vale offered him what they think a bench warmer is worth and it's his choice whether accept it or he's free to leave, it's obvious no other club thinks he's worth a contract so he "reluctantly" signs one at Vale? Shame the club weren't reluctant to offer him a contract at all!

Chris, like all the other players who have been offered terms have a choice.......take it or leave it. having decided (for whatever personal reasons) to accept an offer, his "loyalty" should be to stay schtum! If he's not happy, then there is only one person to blame....and that's not chairman Norman. Football is a business like any other and subject to the need to turn a profit (or go under) and I, for one, would support the chairman wholeheartedly--what's the point of loads of players very happy on high wage contracts and the club ending up bankrupt?!! May I make a suggestion to Mr. Birchall: have a fantastic season on the park and make your case for better terms next time. His first objective should be to knuckle-down and ensure more regular starts and less appearances on the bench and that, i'm sure, will make everyone happier!

Oh Mr Birchall..... This isnt Dr Bernardo's home for lost boys and girls... this is a business... your an employee not a shareholder.

If you dont like the offer dont accept it... find other employment or another employer... fans have loyalty... dogs show loyalty... players count their salary... is it possible you have been counting yours too easily?

Can Smurf withdraw the contract offer and if the contract is unfortunately signed was it signed before the deadline because if not Birchall has signed thin air.....Birchall will be alright with all those superior contract offers......shows the level of motivation that Birchall can't be bothered to travel to play for one of the high rolling cash rich League 1 clubs going somewhere and instead signs for cash poor relegation favourites Vale for a bit of a rest on the bench....the statement is beyond stupid and an insult....withdraw the offer and see if there are any other offers of league football really on the table.....Birchall should be playing for Stafford Rangers not Port Vale as should Williamson....that Williamson is considered a "big player" at the club says it all really.

Sorry but Birchall is a has been, still living off his World Cup appearance for a team the equivalent of the Dog and Duck and his time at LA Galaxy.

These type of comments really annoy me. If he wasn't happy with the contract then why sign? The man is lucky to be playing league football and if I were him I would be grateful of any contract.

His performances last season were dire and it's only because he's Page's love child that he got a game at all. He also looks a couple of stone overweight. Message for you Birchall, get some hard training done or go and find yourself a proper job.

Archived