onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Angry Birchall

Alan Baker

Having re-read the Sentinel article, it states that;

"Birchall replied to Vale's contract offer this week with a letter of acceptance."

Does this mean that he hasn't signed the actual contract yet? And are Vale legally in a position to withdraw the offer before the contract is signed?

Advert

Having re-read the Sentinel article, it states that;

"Birchall replied to Vale's contract offer this week with a letter of acceptance."

Does this mean that he hasn't signed the actual contract yet? And are Vale legally in a position to withdraw the offer before the contract is signed?

Nope they can't

Nope they can't

...cheers for that.... though I was hoping for a different answer!!

I was sort of comparing it to selling a house... offers are made and accepted in writing, but either party can pull out at any time up to the signing and exchange of the actual contract. I was sort of hoping that might be the case here, though sadly it seems that is not the case.

To hazard a guess the Pope saga and the Birchall message to the Commonwealth and a manager given till September scouting on thin ice.

The "Pope saga" was IMO sensible economics by the chairman, the "Birchall message to the Commonwealth" came from his own lips, showing immense naiveness and had nothing to do with the club and all managers irrespective of club, is constantly in the spotlight and a few bad results from dismissal--none of these things makes us any different than loads of clubs--cheer up get your glass half-full instead of empty!

Is that a serious question ? Do you think the football world is looking at us enviously ?

Probably not, but I can think of loads of clubs that are being run in a much worse way--do you envy, Blackpool, Hull, Wigan, Coventry, QPR and West Ham just for starters? 'cause I certainly don't--careful what you wish for!

Wonder why he took the Vale contract if he felt that way? Oh that will because no other team came in for him. His agent could not palm him off on a div 2 or conference club. If he feels that way, why not leave the club or just say nothing. The fans will love him now for those comments and will be cheering him on as a legend not.

Sure he will be in the Smurfs and the Pages good books now. Another season of using money Vale could have bought another player.

Probably not, but I can think of loads of clubs that are being run in a much worse way--do you envy, Blackpool, Hull, Wigan, Coventry, QPR and West Ham just for starters? 'cause I certainly don't--careful what you wish for!

At least Smurf is trying to balance the books, which is good in one way. So many clubs are now in frightening debt and will struggle to pay the interest on the money they owe. At least we are stable, but have a 1st squad age now of 12. :razz:

smurf I think its time for you to send some of these ****** deadwood players out to learn how to make cappuccinos as per your comments a couple of months back and get some decent players in to get bums on seats!!! im in despair over the whole squad situation right now its depressing knowing ive got nothing to look forward to except more of the same as last year ...including robs favourite lines " we will go again" and " ben does a cracking job he stretches defenders all over the park"

This shows the "folly" of offering lower contracts to players already on the books. It is ok if the player is happy to take the cut but how many would be? Is Birchall fully behind the team and club based on this contract or is it going to be a wasted wage even if he is only a squad player? Time alone will tell but initial signs from the player himself does not look good.

next season look like it's going to be a slog for the long suffering supporters,the one thing that saved us from relegation were the dismal performances of those teams who surrounded us and next season we wont have those teams as a cushion, not good ,not good at all.any light at the end of this particular tunnel????.

West Ham ??? Errrh yeah !

Archived