onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pope confirms 3yr deal at Bury.

MattW

Advert

The loss of Popey is a massive disappointment but if we can't afford him we have to move on.PVFC must always come first and Tom even says this himself.Players will always look after their own interests,it is up to us fans to look after and support the club.

I agree, I hope we get someone / some others in who fit the budget AND do the business on the pitch. However, I'm concerned as to where our attack is coming from because Tom's goals will not be replaced by those currently in the squad plus those who've yet to decide on their contract offers.

I agree, I hope we get someone / some others in who fit the budget AND do the business on the pitch. However, I'm concerned as to where our attack is coming from because Tom's goals will not be replaced by those currently in the squad plus those who've yet to decide on their contract offers.

But hang on , we got campion , remember the one everyone was shouting for about 3 months ago, in some cases even ahead of popey, remember the comments , page hadn't,t got a clue because he wouldn't play him. And then we saw him, and it all went qiute,

Bury might be a smaller club but the way things are going they could well be two divisions away from us come this time next year.

It's quite depressing to think that it's only June and I already think we will be certain for relegation. I can't see Page being able to sign any better players nor will Smurf stump up for any quality. The plan of "resign everyone I can for as cheap as possible" and to not have signing targets or a scouting network is utterly naive and foolish. Neither have a clue. It's clear for all to see.

Please help because i dont understand, how a guy on more money per week than a) half of his team mates and b) than some people earn in a year. Wanted more from his hometown team, the club he supprted from childhood and the club that 2 years ago nearly didnt exist cuz of financial difficulties. Then leave "his" club because all that was asked was s little realism, as the small fan base and dwindling gates meant we had to cut our cloth accordingly. Yet ee still had ambition and wanted him to stay, but no money talks and so he went. Yet we will still applaud this totsl lack of respect for the fans that idolised him, stuck by him, helped him

I have said it a million times about different people. Noone is bigger than the club and Im sorry but i would still much rather have a club to support than greedy players anyday.

He didn't want more from his hometown club, he just didn't want 60% less, he was prepared to take a pay cut just not that big a cut, and who can blame him.

Fans talk about living within our means. How true.

But the reason that we have to exist like that (again) is because Smurf has made a complete balls of running a football club.

Yeah alright, whatever you say.

A debt free club run within its means. What a balls up.

Empty head.

It's quite depressing to think that it's only June and I already think we will be certain for relegation. I can't see Page being able to sign any better players nor will Smurf stump up for any quality. The plan of "resign everyone I can for as cheap as possible"...is utterly naive and foolish. Neither have a clue. It's clear for all to see.

I'm sorry to say that I agree with this.

I don't think that Page has the contacts or managerial pull, or Smurthwaite the inclination to meet the wage demands required to attract players good enough to keep us out of serious relegation trouble this season.

A few thoughts with this one...

Why did we give him such a wage reduction?

Why can Bury, a club who were in a bit of a rough situation financially only a few months ago I believe manage to offer better?

Why attempt to keep Williamson, who hardly looks like he puts any effort in his tackles and movement etc and hardly show any desire to keep our lets face it best striker?

For me it just shows we are going backwards maybe some will disagree there a few positives for example one being we will stop this hoof ball up to the big man and we will now have to see other tactics be deployed however I am still quite disappointed.

Good luck Tom and thank you for your services.

Archived