onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pope confirms 3yr deal at Bury.

MattW

Advert

I think tom's relationship with Rotherham is a different to his one with us

I hope so anyway

I'm sure it is different.But I still wouldn't be surprised to see Tom do some sort of celebration in front of Smurf when he scores against us.A bit like look what you are missing out on,look what I can do.

I'm sure it is different.But I still wouldn't be surprised to see Tom do some sort of celebration in front of Smurf when he scores against us.A bit like look what you are missing out on,look what I can do.

Duna talk daft melv, if he did that to smurf I would take it personal myself, he's got himself a good deal, no way as much as I wanted him stay would I of offer him a 3 year deal, good luck Tom and thanks for the memories

Please help because i dont understand, how a guy on more money per week than a) half of his team mates and b) than some people earn in a year. Wanted more from his hometown team, the club he supprted from childhood and the club that 2 years ago nearly didnt exist cuz of financial difficulties. Then leave "his" club because all that was asked was s little realism, as the small fan base and dwindling gates meant we had to cut our cloth accordingly. Yet ee still had ambition and wanted him to stay, but no money talks and so he went. Yet we will still applaud this totsl lack of respect for the fans that idolised him, stuck by him, helped him.

I have said it a million times about different people. Noone is bigger than the club and Im sorry but i would still much rather have a club to support than greedy players anyday.

Please help because i dont understand, how a guy on more money per week than a) half of his team mates and b) than some people earn in a year. Wanted more from his hometown team, the club he supprted from childhood and the club that 2 years ago nearly didnt exist cuz of financial difficulties. Then leave "his" club because all that was asked was s little realism, as the small fan base and dwindling gates meant we had to cut our cloth accordingly. Yet ee still had ambition and wanted him to stay, but no money talks and so he went. Yet we will still applaud this totsl lack of respect for the fans that idolised him, stuck by him, helped him.

I have said it a million times about different people. Noone is bigger than the club and Im sorry but i would still much rather have a club to support than greedy players anyday.

He's a professional and they all tend to take the biggest wage they can.

I totally agree with your last sentence though.

Although it was obviously going to happen I'd be telling lies if I didn't say I'm very disappointed Tom's gone. He's not greedy, he has a family to think about and has to get the best deal he can - who wouldn't? It's been obvious to me for some time that Norm wanted to offload Popey, maybe because of wages or maybe there's more to it than that? Either way the club have done their best to make sure he didn't stay unless he played for far less than his market worth.

Thanks Tom, I've always liked you in a Vale shirt and I'll miss you. The team will miss you too unless we sign a replacement of at least equal quality, otherwise we'll have a relegation standard strikeforce of 'Gentle' Ben Williamson and ??????? (Dodds, Daniel, Campion???).

All this talk of Tom doing what's right for his family is fine but when he was almost pleading poverty some time ago that didn't sit well with me. For someone who would have been fitting windows he has done well out of the Vale. Footballers are pretty well paid in general compared with the average Joe. Even though it is a short career some of them need to go and do a proper job for a while. Pope was excellent during the promotion season but has been very poor in League 1 in my view.

Although it was obviously going to happen I'd be telling lies if I didn't say I'm very disappointed Tom's gone. He's not greedy, he has a family to think about and has to get the best deal he can - who wouldn't? It's been obvious to me for some time that Norm wanted to offload Popey, maybe because of wages or maybe there's more to it than that? Either way the club have done their best to make sure he didn't stay unless he played for far less than his market worth.

Thanks Tom, I've always liked you in a Vale shirt and I'll miss you. The team will miss you too unless we sign a replacement of at least equal quality, otherwise we'll have a relegation standard strikeforce of 'Gentle' Ben Williamson and ??????? (Dodds, Daniel, Campion???).

The loss of Popey is a massive disappointment but if we can't afford him we have to move on.PVFC must always come first and Tom even says this himself.Players will always look after their own interests,it is up to us fans to look after and support the club.

well got to comment on this news , a clueless chairman you are smurf fancy letting one of the top marksman in league one walk away with no fight on our part . we would rather sign dribble like adam yates and ben williamson you want me to part with over £500 for two of us to watch a team with jack s..t hope of staying up, this is just the start of the good players going and we will be siging basement rubbish.A good busniess man would have moved the dead wood on and kept the best , if you think its a problem this year wait till next year when were fighting for league survival

well got to comment on this news , a clueless chairman you are smurf fancy letting one of the top marksman in league one walk away with no fight on our part . we would rather sign dribble like adam yates and ben williamson you want me to part with over £500 for two of us to watch a team with jack s..t hope of staying up, this is just the start of the good players going and we will be siging basement rubbish.A good busniess man would have moved the dead wood on and kept the best , if you think its a problem this year wait till next year when were fighting for league survival

Say what you really think!:laugh:

Archived