onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yeovil T 1 Port Vale 2 Post Match Comments

Fosse69

If Page stays the budget will be cut to the bone as ST sales and attendances will plummet. The question is will Smurf realise in time? I'm sure he's not daft.

I'm very very pleased we are safe without last day nerves, but if Page stays my ST money stays in my pocket. I'm simply not going through that again.

Who would you like to see in Pages place ? an experienced manager say Micky Adams good record in getting sides promoted or would you go for a untried coach both would be a huge gamble

Advert

Were you there? People that actually were have already stated that this negative tactics ******** is totally untrue.

I was there, thanks. And for a good 20 mins, as we retreated deeper and deeper, everyone around me was getting more and more anxious waiting for the inevitable to happen - which duly did. Yeovil, who had up to that point looked a very poor side, were allowed a foothold in the game, with their defenders able to advance 40 or 50 yards without a Vale player going anywhere near them.

And, but for Neal's outstretched foot, it would have happened again at the end.

Page and us all have got lucky with that last gasp save onto the post from Neal.

The negative mindset coming from the dugout and training ground is just painful to watch. Seeing Glover head in hands as we conceded the equaliser yesterday... He's the chief orchestrator of this negative football approach. We've witnessed this exact same tactic and similar result in his last stint in the dugout.

We don't have players that are good enough to see the game out holding onto a 1 goal lead, we are not Chelsea. We are more suited to playing the offensive by giving opposition something to worry about, than inviting pressure by sitting deep. We can't keep clean sheets, so it's the old Newcastle way for us, score more than them.

SMURF - next season I feel we won't be so lucky if the status of Page, Glover & Grew is still as.

Bringing on players like Birchall and Daniel and trying to sit on 1 goal advantage, when you've got a more than capable offensive player such as Coullaby sitting there, just snacks of sitting deep.

Yesterday we got lucky. Next season is now in your hands. Are you handing over the keys to the same blokes that nearly wrote off your car, for another season?

Absolutely spot on.I was at the game yesterday and but for the first 15 minutes it was hard to distinguish which team was bottom of the league.It was dire.There are far to many players that look lethargic. Page sets a game plan and if it's not working then we are screwed because he doesn't know how to set up plan B.

With the current management set up in place we are nailed on certainties for relegation next season.Watching Vale this season is very uninspiring and at times boring.Its like having your teeth pulled.

I fear that Page will get the job if I'm being honest and if he does then Grew and Deano need to go back to the academy and a new number two with experience needs to be Rob Pages assistant.We need to defend from the front and pressurise opponents instead of sitting back and squandering possession time after time.

We are in League 1 next season and there's some good games to look forward to.But please Smurf,let's use this season as a learning curve and employ the right personal.If you do this then supporters WILL return excitement is what we as paying supporters want.Season ticket money is in my bank account waiting.

Jacko 51's analysis is absolutely spot on. I was there too and find it a great pity that we have to wade through 13 pages of rubbish from Radio Stoke listeners before we get anywhere near the truth.

No it's not at all. I was there and I thought we were rubbish other than the opening half hour. The only reason we won the game was because we played the worst side in the league and because of a world class save from a brilliant keeper. Boring football with negative subs. I was there and that was my view.

...anyone with any football knowledge can see the improvement that the new manager has made.

Aren't you the person that used to rave about Danny Glover, labelling him as the "best striker at the club"?! :wacko:

neal...where was he for the first? This season he has cost us so many goals, if we are to progress he needs to be replaced.

It seems you probably were that person...........still as ******* clueless then?!

a manager with a negative outlook will never get us anything like an exciting team to watch, it'll be boring frightened to lose football which will cost us mega points,a tactically inept negative minded manager is the last thing we need,i think we've had enough of that, gannon, grew, glover,foyle to name a few from recent history.

We came within a fraction of conceding a result in the 95th minute three away games on the trot.

That is not a coincidence.

I agree there, it's shocking. We were the same against MK and Preston taking the ball up the corner and fannying about with it, I think Preston had a chance and luckily the bloke shot over. May as well go for it as we aren't good enough to keep the ball. It's nearly cost us dearly(Scunny and Rochdale), negative tactics will get you no where with a 3rd Division side and is the simple reason why Page must NOT be given the job!

No it's not at all. I was there and I thought we were rubbish other than the opening half hour. The only reason we won the game was because we played the worst side in the league and because of a world class save from a brilliant keeper. Boring football with negative subs. I was there and that was my view.

Their keepers save from Daniel was a better one.

Archived