onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yeovil T 1 Port Vale 2 Post Match Comments

Fosse69

Advert

I haven't wanted to be too negative whilst we were still not safe, but now we are I'm going to say my piece. I didn't go today, but I am a season ticket holder and I do go to away matches, so I'd like to think I can comment overall; and the football this year has been poor. Page, Glover and Grew all need to go, as do a large percentage of the first team squad. I'll buy a season ticket for next season, that's a given, but if Page is in charge with the chuckle brothers by his side, the number of matches I go and watch will be limited due to the fact the football on show is dire.

And for all you that want to say I didn't go today so I shouldn't comment, I've been to enough matches this season to comment and my response to you would consist of two words; the first would start with 'F', the second would contain the following letters 'o' 'f' 'f'

First half we played ok against a very poor side who offered nothing going forward and you could certainly see why they had been relegated. A great finish by Pope and really unlucky to have another goal ruled out.

Second half was just like Scunthorpe for me, we invite pressure on ourselves, instead of looking for a second goal we sit back and allow a poor team back into the game, but managed get the goal we probably just about deserved to get all 3 points.

It still needed a great save by Neal to get all 3 points, why do we persist on giving away needless free kicks, we seem to give away so many.

Whoever said Ben had a good game clearly couldn't have gone the game.

Great support today as well, over 500 was a really good turn out.

Lets give some of the younger players a game next week.

easily pleased like a few more on here,us supporters deserve better.

I'm not easily pleased, but I'm not a big fan of pessimism either.

Six defeats in a row = 0 points out of 18

3 draws, a win and another next week would be 9 points out of 15.

I'm one of "us supporters" with a season ticket. Every home game is a 98-mile round trip from Birmingham.

I've recently spent close on £100 at the Leyton and Scunny games.

Why do you, I and any fan for that matter "deserve better" ? It doesn't work on a merit basis.

if you can't see the failings smudge then ok if your happy with the footy served up,i'm not. my season ticket monies will remain in the wallet, far too few games have had me on the edge of my seat, the only game where the team looked balanced was against Donny and the preston game you could have had a picnic on the pitch by the railway side 1st half,just not good enough.

I haven't wanted to be too negative whilst we were still not safe, but now we are I'm going to say my piece. I didn't go today, but I am a season ticket holder and I do go to away matches, so I'd like to think I can comment overall; and the football this year has been poor. Page, Glover and Grew all need to go, as do a large percentage of the first team squad. I'll buy a season ticket for next season, that's a given, but if Page is in charge with the chuckle brothers by his side, the number of matches I go and watch will be limited due to the fact the football on show is dire.

And for all you that want to say I didn't go today so I shouldn't comment, I've been to enough matches this season to comment and my response to you would consist of two words; the first would start with 'F', the second would contain the following letters 'o' 'f' 'f'

Of course, you're well placed to comment on how well you feel we've done this season and your thoughts about next season's prospects. I'd just find it odd if you were arguing about the finer details of today's match, about why it was that we conceded etc

Im not disappointment with the result, Im certainly not disappointed we stay up, Im not disappointed page hasnt failed but I have to say I am disappointed with the overall performance of the whole team over the season and the dog fight we have had to endure and suffer to survive.... I always expect more from vale, to much perhaps, but without the expectation and hope throughout the season what is there? If we dont have that we may as well watch the grass grow on a saturday, its what keeps the fire in our bellies.... Im not disappointed the season is over and I hope I am not disappointment next season like this season.

We seem to have spent most of the season whimpering along liked whipped dogs, yelping at the prospect of the next game... defense like one legged spiders, midfield like headless chickens and forwards with their strip on backwards and their feet tied together... yes some players have been lauded for being better than others but does that show how good they are or how bad "the others" really are.

I have no magic wand or potion, I have no suggested cure, I just have patience, learned from many years supporting Vale and stretched thin with frustration and underachievement of expectations.

Ah well...

tune in next week to hear doctor rob say... we go again

I WAS at the match so I am in a position to comment. Watching the second half was just like waiting to have a tooth extracted without an anaesthetic. We all knew that we were going to concede a goal but couldn't forecast what individual act of defensive ineptitude would lead to it. As it turned out,it was Vesali's poor pass that set up the equaliser. After that, I couldn't see how Vale could possibly muster the effort to find a winner .They'd been back pedalling for much of the second half and a step up in gear looked beyond them.As it turned out, the best cross of the match led to our second goal. Even so, we contrived to present Yeovil with another guilt edged opportunity to equalise deep into time added on. Thankfully, Neil's out stretched boot diverted the effort onto the post and behind to safety thus avoiding 'déjà vu' times three!!

Won first in ten, just avoided relegation after being on edge of play offs.

Or

Inherited a team in bottom 4 and survived with a game to spare after a 4 match unbeaten run.

Depends whether your glass is half empty or half full.

Mines neither, just had a refill.

Happy days!

Its a team that should not be in the bottom half though, never mind the relegation zone. So no it's not a case of half full or empty, it's a case of glass being in the real world or up a unicorn's ricker

What a refreshing change to read a sensible post on OVF rather than the usual inept drivel like those who tried to tell me that Yeovil hadn't beaten sheff utd at there ground in April prior to yesterday's game .i think this post sums up reality for most Vale fans with a bit more than an ameba for a brain

Good win thought we'd thrown it away. Anyone got a programme I can buy???????!

They sold out of programmes, even Joan couldn't get any to bring back for the club shop, so you won't get one from the vale shop.

Archived