onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yeovil T 1 Port Vale 2 Post Match Comments

Fosse69

To compare our tactics and use Chelsea as an attempt to endorse it is laughable to be honest.

Which is why there was a smiley at the end of my post! Or did you think I was being serious? :ohmy:

What I can't understand about Mourinho though, is that his team doesn't need to play like that because his defence IS so good. He doesn't need to put 10 behind the ball - 4 is enough in his case and have a bit of a go at the other end. I'm not surprised Abramovitch got fed up with him first time around - it's desperately boring to watch.

Advert

:laugh: :laugh:

No they werent, did you miss his substitutions?

Christ poor ref decisions? You cant be serious?

Kept us safe? Bravo. We were 10th the other week!

Players want to play for him yeah, because theyre crap and would struggle get a contract at a similar level club.

PAGE OUT.

edit: Remember he played dodds out on the right again (not good there) and veseli at right back (not good there) we played the worst team in the league by a distance, I wouldve been fuming if we failed to win

I've just watched Chelsea, who have some of the most talented players in the land, play without strikers and adopting the most negative tactics I've seen all season. Mourinho wouldn't last a month in Burslem! ;)

You've just beat to to writing the same, just watched it on DVR. I'd also add Arsenal at home knowing they have to win to have any realistic chance of the title played with one striker for most of the game, the large and lumbering Giroud.

You've just beat to to writing the same, just watched it on DVR. I'd also add Arsenal at home knowing they have to win to have any realistic chance of the title played with one striker for most of the game, the large and lumbering Giroud.

It's completely different to our situation

I've just watched Chelsea, who have some of the most talented players in the land, play without strikers and adopting the most negative tactics I've seen all season. Mourinho wouldn't last a month in Burslem! ;)

Chelsea are 1st in the Premier League. Port Vale have 1 win in 10 and are 17th in League 1.

If he was trying g to make us hard to beat he certainly made a pigs ear of it!

But if he'd had played the way you appear to want him to we could have lost most of those games by 2,3 or 4 goals each time, screwed our goal difference as well. The last time I looked at the table we were safe, says it all.

But if he'd had played the way you appear to want him to we could have lost most of those games by 2,3 or 4 goals each time, screwed our goal difference as well. The last time I looked at the table we were safe, says it all.

Oh dear. Your the kind that are happy with 1 win in 10. Strewth.

No it's not, by your thought processes Arsenal should have played with 2 or 3 strikers from the beginning.

Are you on the wind up?

Of course its different, this is top class premiership sides of course they can play one up top! Look at their creative midfielders, Ozil, sanchez, Ramsey, Cazorla all played so no by my process Arsenal should have played one up top as they did.

That is completely different to vale, I wouldnt mind one up top with the right players behind him when Page plays the 4231 formation its with the wrong striker and wrong supporting players. If we were to do that our front 4 would have to be Marshall, Dodds, Coulibaly and Pope. Again Arsenal were at home, to the best side in English football it would be silly to play two up top. In league 1 football against the likes of Crawley and Colchester there is no need to play a lone striker.

I can tell you now we would have ****** battered the likes of Oldham, Crawley and Colchester if we had attacked them. You have no point at all as we only won one in ten and lost 6 on the bounce, so how is that style a success? Surely a more attacking approach against the weaker sides and a more conservative one against the stronger would have wielded much more than 1 win from 10

Instead we lost the majority playing uninspiring, negative football. We lost or drew with opposition we should have beaten. One up front at home to Crewe is hardly going to put bums on seats

Archived