onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stand Closures for Crawley

MattW

Years ago when Andrew Waterhouse was Secretary, the club had a 10 month scheme for paying for season tickets. You paid 10 instalments from August to May to get the following season's ticket at the current season's price. I took advantage of it and I know quite a few others who did.
Great system, I used it every season that it ran.

Advert

You didn't offer much in the way of contributions to the political threads when UKIP constantly was discussed..why's that then? Maybe it's because you have worked in a Politically correct establishment most of your life...either way...I think it is a little naughty to take a swipe at UKIP when you have not offered a direct reasonable, rational and coherent argument against them on relevant threads. I would also think that you would even find it more difficult to argue for Labour, given that they have made a complete mess of the city only helped by people who detest the way the city is ran but cannot be bothered to vote Labour out of power.

See what you've started now Jacko, it was only one game!! :D

Christ on a bike, Carl! What on earth prompted that outburst?

You didn't offer much in the way of contributions to the political threads when UKIP constantly was discussed..why's that then?

As you ask, it's because I come on this message board to argue about Vale, not politics.

Maybe it's because you have worked in a Politically correct establishment most of your life...either way...I think it is a little naughty to take a swipe at UKIP when you have not offered a direct reasonable, rational and coherent argument against them on relevant threads.

Where did I take a swipe at UKIP for heaven's sake? I simply commented on the length of the thread. I said nowt about UKIP and as you have pointed out, I said nowt on the thread. Stop being so ****** paranoid man.

Although I am (and have been for quite some years) a season ticket holder in the Railway Stand I did come away on Tuesday feeling somewhat sorry for Norman. Try as he may to rekindle some kind of spark into the missing fans the team continually seem to kick him where it hurts just at the appropriate point in time to justify fans staying away.

Personally, although somewhat aggrieved at having to move, I could see his position and accepted the move but I think it was ill conceived, I have long thought that the Railway Stand should have the Wall dismantled such that the Paddock and Stand are 'as one'. I regularly go down to the Paddock to talk to a friend of mine at half time and have on occasion tried to visit the toilets - however the sheer number of people struggling to buy food/drinks coupled with those just stood talking and those either going to or coming from the toilets makes it near impossible.

Also we had the problem of sitting in seats that are season tickets but unmarked, or sitting in seats where regular fans always sit. I know that there is a 'group' of about 8/12 people who always sit in the same seats around me in the Railway Stand and would be unhappy to see others sitting in their spot, even though they are NOT season ticket holders, they still have sat in the same seats for years.

It would be interesting to know just how many people regularly use the Railway Stand (in total, not just season tickets).

There are plenty of factors as to why fans don't attend now, especially on a Tuesday :- Champions League Football, Mine-craft, School-night, lethargy, lack of funds and many more but one thing is pretty much guaranteed to bring fans back through the doors.......WIN FOOTBALL MATCHES AT HOME ESPECIALLY!

To do this we desperately need to have a clear out as soon as is practical both with regards to the playing staff, but also (in my opinion) in regards to the backroom staff too.....too much of the 'Old Guard' still walks the corridors of Vale Park and this is like a red rag to a bull to some fans.

I didn't expect much of a crowd for this Tuesday's game - even with the price offer so wasn't surprised at all with the low turnout but one things for sure : If we can't muster better than that on the pitch then it's not the missing thousands Norman will need to worry about......it will be the thousands who are going missing!

Haven't looked all through this thread, but has the actual cost saving of closing the stand been quantified? I would say turnstile men and stewards less the catering - probably £400 tops. Water and towels in the bogs I suppose, not a massive amount. You can't count rates because they have to be paid whether it is opened or not, and maintenance costs have to be done unless it is closed permanently. (God forbid!) Any ideas?

You didn't offer much in the way of contributions to the political threads when UKIP constantly was discussed..why's that then? Maybe it's because you have worked in a Politically correct establishment most of your life...either way...I think it is a little naughty to take a swipe at UKIP when you have not offered a direct reasonable, rational and coherent argument against them on relevant threads. I would also think that you would even find it more difficult to argue for Labour, given that they have made a complete mess of the city only helped by people who detest the way the city is ran but cannot be bothered to vote Labour out of power.

It is funny how he tries to come across like a politician campaigning for votes- it's akin to a primary school nativity play crossed with "Rivers of Blood"

Archived