onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stand Closures for Crawley

MattW

Advert

These "who outsung who" tales are really tedious! If we'd been 2-1 down and ended up 3-2 winners, I'm sure 20 Vale would have been singing their heads off.

As for the lack of atmosphere, many midweek fixtures suffer like this. Even Bristol City away was pretty dead from them - I don't know why some people get so uptight about it.

No guessing the Chairman has just confirmed it...

We were obviously both typing at the same time so I had not read what Smurf was typing.But that still don't explain on what Eddie Hitler based his clam on.

How many clubs in lower leagues actually make a profit year on year

Norman,

I regularly support you on OVF and I believe you genuinely have the very best interests of this club at heart.

I suspect our promotion night in Boslem was probably one of the most enjoyable nights of your life (it was for me and many other Vale fans too).

You are the antithesis of the previous incumbent ... (thank God)

I am sure you realise now that fans will not return unless they see a really positive change in the playing staff. Despite the result last night we have the nucleus of a very good first eleven.

It's now up to you and your Manager to remove a number of players from the bottom of the pile and replace them with quality that is better than our current best.

Combine this with a ST scheme similar to the Bradford one that V2001 copied and you will be on a winner. But please sign the players before asking fans to support you.

Who are "the fans"?

I would contend that the club should be, in a business-like fashion, be looking closely at different categories of people in N Staffs who might come through the turnstiles.

1. Season ticket holders - should be regularly contacted and felt a part of the club, encouraged to take the next step, renew ticket, even upgrade or consider sponsoring something. You need people on the phones doing that.

2. Past season ticket holders, i.e. longstanding Vale fans. Contact them and find out what would it take to get them to renew.

3. Occasional fans - either not so committed or, perhaps, due to work, family, budget or all of the above, they can't afford to come as often as they would like.

4. Uncommitted football fans - fans of other clubs who have moved to Stoke, students, school kids. Give them free tickets, free pies, two for one tickets.

I am sure there's more, but it's late and I need some sleep. But the fact is, you can't just treat the world as being all "fans", some of whom are not supporting you. There needs to be a strategy for each segment.

As the younger generation are our future, why not consider letting under 18's in for free or even a pound, or even a free season ticket with every over 18 season ticket purchased.. just something to get the younger ones the bug to keep going. As its been mentioned before, with Stoke been in the Premier, it isn't helping Vale out at all, so surely instead of charging a tenner for 11-18, which if your at school or college is a lot of money, make it cheaper for that age bracket. Its common sense surely..

If nothing drastically changes for next season with regarding the price issues, then unfortunately we wont be getting 5k next season, and a lot will be choosing away games more instead of home, just due to the good atmosphere we generate when take good following..

Also do the monthly plan for season tickets on a 12 month basis, as £30 a month is a lot more affordable than £80 month. Again its common sense surely. Im sure if we did the 12 month plan, we'd sell 6k season tickets..

The problem is the first season you would have people moaning they've just paid for this season and now the beggars are asking for the season after!!

Then you'd get the people who would treat it like a Provvy loan and want to pay it cash weekly.

£80 a month is fine.

Understand l am still the new guy on the block

Lets go back to 6.13

1.2M of unpaid creditors

Holding Company Insolvent

Difference between costs and income £40,000 a game

Season Ticket money gone/spent

Club should of been put back into admin

Guy with big mouth knows nothing about football takes the chair

Now

Guy with big mouth

There is nothing wrong with having a big mouth.... if you control what comes out of it.

There is no comparison between yourself and mold

We need some structure and flow in the developments you are trying to introduce.... it seems things jump about like a frog on a hot plate.

1. Season ticket holders - should be regularly contacted and felt a part of the club, encouraged to take the next step, renew ticket, even upgrade or consider sponsoring something. You need people on the phones doing that.

This is a very good point, and is something that Club have never really been good at - under anyone. I think I get 1 or 2 emails a year from the Vale.

In contrast, I went to a Portsmouth match at Preston about 5-6 years ago and still get bombarded with emails from Pompey, even though I've blocked about 700 of their email addresses.

Its slightly aggressive advertising, but if a club run that badly can do it I think we should be doing better. I would have thought the ticket office staff could take the details easily enough, use mail-merge etc, and fire off mass emails every time we want to promote anything.

The reasons

A Top Six Budget not in Top Six

I do not feel let down by any Fans but l would love to know who the missing Fans are and l would appeal that although they may find other and maybe better things to do on a Saturday to reach down deep in their heart and memory and try and reignite the passion they once had and return

The business will loose circa 700k this Season

It is very difficult to be brutally honest and also be upbeat and PR savy

I have sensed the mushroom process along with some manure over the previous incumbent

Tom is a good boy and l have tried to counsel him on his career options since 6.13 inc the Milwall approach

I suspect it must be very frustrating as he once put it 'being the best salesman' but not selling many product

We would not be in Lge 1 without Tom and l have stated my views on his contract, no fault of his. He needs to provide for his family and hopefully what is right for him and them will come to fruition next Season

Norman

That's perhaps your best assessment of PVFC to date.

I still believe that your single biggest mistake was not having someone capable to run the Club day-to-day and to communicate with the fans. You could never be criticized for not talking to us and your latest comment about players making lattes is hilarious and so true.

It seems that you and Paul W had your differences but he was well liked by the fans and not having another like him has presented you with big PR problems. Perhaps that is a role that a suitable secretary could better fulfil.

You are not wholly responsible for the malaise on and off the pitch and I hope that you have the will and finance to see us to a better position than we are now but would just respectfully ask that you stop scoring own goals with what loyal fans you do have.

Norman

That's perhaps your best assessment of PVFC to date.

I still believe that your single biggest mistake was not having someone capable to run the Club day-to-day and to communicate with the fans. You could never be criticized for not talking to us and your latest comment about players making lattes is hilarious and so true.

It seems that you and Paul W had your differences but he was well liked by the fans and not having another like him has presented you with big PR problems. Perhaps that is a role that a suitable secretary could better fulfil.

You are not wholly responsible for the malaise on and off the pitch and I hope that you have the will and finance to see us to a better position than we are now but would just respectfully ask that you stop scoring own goals with what loyal fans you do have.

I've always thought you were a man more than capable of putting your views succinctly, cogently and saliently :yes:

Highest marks mon ami :)

Top 6 budget? We have about 3 players good enough for a top 6 team....

All this moaning and it's clear to see that only success will bring a good fan base...If we got to Wembley we would muster up 20k+ and when we got promoted we got 13k.

However, lets be honest, who wants to watch an inconsistent, mid table league one team? Since I've supported this club there has been some sort of turmoil off the pitch! Every season there seems to be the same discussions on here!

This is a very good point, and is something that Club have never really been good at - under anyone. I think I get 1 or 2 emails a year from the Vale.

In contrast, I went to a Portsmouth match at Preston about 5-6 years ago and still get bombarded with emails from Pompey, even though I've blocked about 700 of their email addresses.

Its slightly aggressive advertising, but if a club run that badly can do it I think we should be doing better. I would have thought the ticket office staff could take the details easily enough, use mail-merge etc, and fire off mass emails every time we want to promote anything.

Very few businesses do this and hopefully the new commercial and marketing team will take this onboard.

Used to drive me crazy with banks and insurance companies in the UK when they offered stupid incentives to new customers and forgot about those established to the result of leaving and taking advantage of another offer. Never understood it, reward and remember loyalty is a lesson all businesses in any industry should follow.

Archived