onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stand Closures for Crawley

MattW

Very few businesses do this and hopefully the new commercial and marketing team will take this onboard.

Used to drive me crazy with banks and insurance companies in the UK when they offered stupid incentives to new customers and forgot about those established to the result of leaving and taking advantage of another offer. Never understood it, reward and remember loyalty is a lesson all businesses in any industry should follow.

Spot on,Sky and BY have got it off to a tee,existing customers get nowhere near the perks of new ones.

Advert

Norman

That's perhaps your best assessment of PVFC to date.

I still believe that your single biggest mistake was not having someone capable to run the Club day-to-day and to communicate with the fans. You could never be criticized for not talking to us and your latest comment about players making lattes is hilarious and so true.

It seems that you and Paul W had your differences but he was well liked by the fans and not having another like him has presented you with big PR problems. Perhaps that is a role that a suitable secretary could better fulfil.

You are not wholly responsible for the malaise on and off the pitch and I hope that you have the will and finance to see us to a better position than we are now but would just respectfully ask that you stop scoring own goals with what loyal fans you do have.

Can't argue with any of that if I'm being honest...

The problem is the first season you would have people moaning they've just paid for this season and now the beggars are asking for the season after!!

Then you'd get the people who would treat it like a Provvy loan and want to pay it cash weekly.

£80 a month is fine.

But obviously £80 is not fine is it. You ask most people on the wonder of Vale, and they said they aren't having one due to the fact £80 a month is just to expensive. Most clubs who do the payment scheme do it over 12 months. Either way, something's got to happen because Smurf wont except 5k gates again next season. We have 10000 seats spare every home game in the home ends, so why not just give under 16/under 18s free tickets..

I can't believe there are many people that can't afford to pay £20 a week for a couple of months.

I know that and you know that, £80 month over 4 months I think is a good idea, but would they shift more tickets if was spread over 10 or 12 months?? Id like know how many season tickets they did sell under the 4 month payment plan..

But obviously £80 is not fine is it. You ask most people on the wonder of Vale, and they said they aren't having one due to the fact £80 a month is just to expensive. Most clubs who do the payment scheme do it over 12 months. Either way, something's got to happen because Smurf wont except 5k gates again next season. We have 10000 seats spare every home game in the home ends, so why not just give under 16/under 18s free tickets..

I think this deal has been excellent.If you were paying over 12 months it would still cost £30 a month.Maybe that could be introduced as an alternative or £60 for 6 months,£50 for 7 months,£45 for 8 months etc but all payments to be made by May/June so the player budget can be assessed.Too late for next season.

We need to support the team and Smurf and Page need to give us a team worthy of our support, end of recipe for success.

If only it was that simple :sums:

Smurf has put his money in and I genuinely believe that he wants to make our club a success. I also think that he has a good sense of humour, which will be handy if he insists on reading the rubbish we write on here.

This is where we air our frustrations. I once had some excellent advice about leaving notes of complaint for people on the opposite shift in the days before emails (although it works for emails too). The advice was, Write your note then put it in your desk draw, when you come in tomorrow read it again then decide if you still want to send it. I can tell you that quite a few notes ended up in my waste bin the following day :laugh:

I dont take any notice of that advice when I post on here, its all written "in the moment" without any atempt at reflection, I know I am nto alone in that. My point is Smurf, take it all with a very large pinch of salt.

When we all come in from a bad defeat its fair to say that the mind comes up with some pretty rich stuff so would explain some of the vitriolic comments on here and the 'wonder of you' site

All I will say is we are in a better position now than we were 3 yrs ago and moving in the right direction, ok, there are blips from time to time this is football and nothing is a nailed on certainty, its all work in progress and i,m sure with Smurf at the helm we will get there eventually

Fans want instant success and sometimes you cant push it as fast as the expectation, I just think that lets get our season tickets and see what shapes up in May/June as Smurf says and let them get on with it!!

If Smurf was attempting to not only save some dosh but try and increase "the atmosphere" then here's another suggestion that no one has yet put forward. Controversial I know, but let's see what reaction I get.(tin hat on!)

Give the Lorne Street up to away fans so Hamil end can then be taken by Vale fans. Noise generated in Hamil far outweighs any crowd noise elsewhere and facilities can be so much better than Railway stand/paddock. A good Valiant following in Hamil must generate the required atmosphere better than having fans scattered all over the ground?

Police would be able to watch away fans in Lorne street better than Hamil and on final whistle(as we cannot keep away fans in after) the Vale fans could safely exit without need of yobs etc mingling as they exit ground since the Hamil would empty quicker than the away fans could get to Hamil road.

I sit in Lorne Street so don't accuse me of bias etc, I'm simply airing another view to attempt to make Vale Park more like a football stadium in atmosphere etc. I would have thought Lorne Street as it stands offers the required seating for the vast majority of any away fans expected to attend.

Comments/sarcasim/constructive views awaited!

Tbh I thought closing the railway stand was a good idea but I also understand the fans frustrations if you have sat in the stand for years. We don't want to upset the fans that come regular the clubs priority should be to put a backside on an empty seat. So why not make the next home game a tenner or if you buy tickets earlier for the next games the ealier you buy the bigger the discounts

If Smurf was attempting to not only save some dosh but try and increase "the atmosphere" then here's another suggestion that no one has yet put forward. Controversial I know, but let's see what reaction I get.(tin hat on!)

Give the Lorne Street up to away fans so Hamil end can then be taken by Vale fans. Noise generated in Hamil far outweighs any crowd noise elsewhere and facilities can be so much better than Railway stand/paddock. A good Valiant following in Hamil must generate the required atmosphere better than having fans scattered all over the ground?

Police would be able to watch away fans in Lorne street better than Hamil and on final whistle(as we cannot keep away fans in after) the Vale fans could safely exit without need of yobs etc mingling as they exit ground since the Hamil would empty quicker than the away fans could get to Hamil road.

I sit in Lorne Street so don't accuse me of bias etc, I'm simply airing another view to attempt to make Vale Park more like a football stadium in atmosphere etc. I would have thought Lorne Street as it stands offers the required seating for the vast majority of any away fans expected to attend.

Comments/sarcasim/constructive views awaited!

It may actually make the Bycars busier as the Quiz Team won't have anyone to shout at in the Hamil Road.Not a bad idea though.Do you think we will be able to change ends at halftime ,like in the olden days?;)

Tbh I thought closing the railway stand was a good idea but I also understand the fans frustrations if you have sat in the stand for years. We don't want to upset the fans that come regular the clubs priority should be to put a backside on an empty seat. So why not make the next home game a tenner or if you buy tickets earlier for the next games the ealier you buy the bigger the discounts

To make it a tenner would mean that you would need to double the amount of fans to just get the same amount of money.That could also then mean more stewards (for the bigger games)

Can people remember when part of the RS was used for away fans?I can remember Millwall fans in there.No trouble as I can recall.

Yes Tosh!Wasn't it Block C that was for away fans?Can you imagine our nutters joy if that happened again?The large wall separation didn't stop them years ago,so the small wall would be less of a challenge.I remember Bycars having segregation too,a recipe for trouble .It cannot be allowed to return.

Archived