onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stand Closures for Crawley

MattW

Advert

Haven't looked all through this thread, but has the actual cost saving of closing the stand been quantified? I would say turnstile men and stewards less the catering - probably £400 tops. Water and towels in the bogs I suppose, not a massive amount. You can't count rates because they have to be paid whether it is opened or not, and maintenance costs have to be done unless it is closed permanently. (God forbid!) Any ideas?

Think the chairman said between £4,750 and £6,000.

I'd imagine the chairman would know and I think he did some sums for someone if you read the thread.

Found the bit where he said 4750 to 6000 but can't find the breakdown. Laughable figures. So on that basis it costs about £25000 to open the whole ground? Yeh, whatever!

The Safety costs (mainly Stewards) is based on Stadium Capacity as in the Safety Certificate (ours circa 19k) than the number of people in Stand or Stands

The saving quoted are accurate l wish they were not so for a night we will lose money inc ST contribution l am trying to make fair financial judgements

It is not my intention to reduce our Safety Certificate rating but could make those type of savings you quote if l did

I do not think Fans understand the real costs involved here and some will say heho you bought you sort it

Heres a few for the interested

Utilities Rates Gas Elec and Water £22,000 pm

Steward Costs £5000 to £6000 per game

Other essential non profit making Staff £3000 per game

Ambulance and Paramedic £700 per game

Club and Ground Doctors £1000 per game

Red Cross £600 per game

St John Ambulance £500 per game

The list goes on and on

Found it! I appreciate the list, but how much of it was reduced by having one stand closed? Probably not a lot.

The Safety costs (mainly Stewards) is based on Stadium Capacity as in the Safety Certificate (ours circa 19k) than the number of people in Stand or Stands

The saving quoted are accurate l wish they were not so for a night we will lose money inc ST contribution l am trying to make fair financial judgements

It is not my intention to reduce our Safety Certificate rating but could make those type of savings you quote if l did

I do not think Fans understand the real costs involved here and some will say heho you bought you sort it

Heres a few for the interested

Utilities Rates Gas Elec and Water £22,000 pm

Steward Costs £5000 to £6000 per game

Other essential non profit making Staff £3000 per game

Ambulance and Paramedic £700 per game

Club and Ground Doctors £1000 per game

Red Cross £600 per game

St John Ambulance £500 per game

The list goes on and on

Interesting information and thanks, NS, for sharing.

I would never have imagined that ambulance, paramedic, doctors and first aid personnel cost, in total, £2,800 per game. So, depending on the mix of kids, seniors and full price tickets sold on the day, the cashflow implications (as opposed to profit and loss) are that it possibly takes a couple of hundred walk-ups to come through the gates just to pay those particular costs. And it would be reasonable to suggest that they are the same however many stands are open.

One would guess that most of the savings made from the above list, for closing the RS, would be for stewarding. Is that correct?

Found the bit where he said 4750 to 6000 but can't find the breakdown. Laughable figures. So on that basis it costs about £25000 to open the whole ground? Yeh, whatever!

Are you saying the chairman is lying?

My mates a Vale steward the ones with red coats and hes on minimum wage £6.50/hr and does 4, plus if theres any trouble outside after the match. AMS are the private stewards they would probably be on more, and theres only 3-4 vale stewards in the stand, a couple of tea-bars, and gate men. The Vale sewards would be put elsewhere as they are always short, that's why the AMS are there, should imagin the tea-bar staff would go somewhere else, gate men may have been saved, turn the lighting off, nothing else could be saved. so it seemed a pointless exercise...

As a other poster said the rates still have to be paid, and the medical staff charge seems to be a lot, club and ground doctors- how many?, Red Cross and St. Johns thought there was only one lot now...none profit making staff? anyones guess who there are. Could this be a damage limitation post with all the complaining over closing the stand?

L

Would he really close the RW stand again and risk upsetting more supporters ST holders again?

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Port-Vale-Norman-Smurthwaite-says-closing-Railway/story-26206080-detail/story.html

What are the other options?

Try closing another part of the ground?

Move away supporters?

I can see why he did it if he saved around 5k, but then again I didn't have to move.

With just 38 Crawley fans, he should have shut the Hamil and saved another 5k,or just have shut the Hamil,kept the RS open,not upsetting the RS season ticket holders, and still saved the 5k.

Archived