onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 0 Oldham 1

Caz or caz123

Advert

back to normal, Oldham quicker to the ball and better footwork,we huffed and puffed and had plenty of chances but other results mean we drop 4 places now we will probably stuff coventry,that's the way it goes and I'm bluddy frozen.:(

I wish I'd have put money on this result. Over 25 years of following the Vale, you become accustomed to these results just as hopes are raised we seemingly always do this.
Its called football, I dont suppose the Blunts, MK or Swindle are too happy tonight either, all lost at home. My Notts mate is happy though.

Just got in, thought that was an awful match, very poor performance and the worst referee i have ever seen.

The first half was as though we expected to beat Oldham comfortably and never looked interested. 2nd half was better, we showed urgency and looked much better after the subs, but even so we created little. Oldham were ok, horrible little side though especially the goalkeeper.

Neal 6

Veseli 6

Robertson 6

Inniss 7

Dickinson 6

Moore 6

Oconnor 8

Brown 6

Marshall 6

Williamson 5

Pope 5

I wish I'd have put money on this result. Over 25 years of following the Vale, you become accustomed to these results just as hopes are raised we seemingly always do this.

You are so right - as a Vale fan you have to shrug your shoulders and get on with it, it would have been more surprising if we had won

As usual, bunch of bottlers at home. Terrible attitude by the players in the first half which was as bad a performance as those under Dean Glover. Page is still far too defensive in his selections at home and needs to grow a pair. Should have been at and all over Oldham from the off.

What makes things even worse is that Oldham are an appalling side that won simply because they wanted it more for whatever reason.

What was up with pope tonight? Awful performance and for someone who wants a new contract on top dollar he's not exactly doing himself any favours. Special mention for the referee who I thought was quite possibly the worst ref I've had the pleasure to see and believe me I've seen some bad ones. Some refs on a Sunday morning would have put him to shame.

4000 ! AND Smurf dropped the ticket prices. Dear Mr Smurf by what percentage did that increase the attendance. Have you learnt your lesson yet ?

As for the match - if truth be told the players are scared of getting anywhere near the playoffs because they are bottlers. Evryone around me was moaning about Oldham time wasting etc etc buty what did the Vale do about it - Up the tempo ? Put some life in their play - No they were even more sedate. 4 passes side ways 2 passes back 4 passes sideways pass it to a blue shirt. Oldah didnt have to break sweat to beat the Vale tonight because the Vale had no idea how to break them down. It did improve a little in the second half but no one took control. so many times we got within shooting range and the result was a side ways pass because the player with the ball didn't have the guts to make a shot count.

That performance wont get any more throught the turnstile this year no matter how low he drops the prices.

Archived