onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 0 Oldham 1

Caz or caz123

Also, I think most of us without our head in the clouds saw this result coming from a mile off. In games like this you need to make a fast start against a side low in confidence but determined to do a job after some poor results but the tempo was way off from the beginning, and the players all seemed happy to be leaving it to each other to make something happen.

Advert

Also, I think most of us without our head in the clouds saw this result coming from a mile off. In games like this you need to make a fast start against a side low in confidence but determined to do a job after some poor results but the tempo was way off from the beginning, and the players all seemed happy to be leaving it to each other to make something happen.

Can you then give me this weekends lottery numbers?:laugh:

A few other things I took from Tuesday nights nightmare home performance -

Although he's been part of a much improved back line of late, Chris Robertson is still not he answer long term. He's no better than John McCombe, only he's playing against better players in a higher league. He should also be the leader of the back line with his experience and not a 19 year old kid still learning the game.

Micheal Brown shouldn't be starting games at Vale Park against sides we should be getting at. Play Lines, Dodds or Moore behind two forwards and give poor sides like Oldham something to think about instead of giving them all the time in the world to settle into a match. And although he looks after himself Brown shouldn't be starting games consecutively either when only a few days apart!

Michael O'Connor, along with our goalkeeper, is our best player by a country mile. Personally I'd be more concerned with hanging on to him and Neal for next season than Tom Pope, though ideally we keep all three. Though a player of his ability should be getting a few more goals than he currently is.

I've defended Williamson in the last and always thought that he had a bit of something about him, but League One is a step too far. He should be used as a sub at best and not starting most games whenever fit and available.

I totally agree with your thoughts on Robbo, Brown, Ben, Tom and Chris Neal.:yes:

I've just got round to watching the highlights on Valiant World. Were we really so bad that the "highlights" from a Vale perspective amounted to one corner kick, eventually headed miles wide by Dickinson?

I've just got round to watching the highlights on Valiant World. Were we really so bad that the "highlights" from a Vale perspective amounted to one corner kick, eventually headed miles wide by Dickinson?

No certainly not, as I posted in another thread I think that the ref compiled them. We had 2 off the line and their keeper managed to get his body in the way of a Williamson header through luck more than judgement, unfortunately thought there was wasn't too much more goalmouth action due to the Oldham's goal keepers' lack of enthusiasm. TBH I don't know why they bother providing highlights if they are as bad that effort.

No certainly not, as I posted in another thread I think that the ref compiled them. We had 2 off the line and their keeper managed to get his body in the way of a Williamson header through luck more than judgement, unfortunately thought there was wasn't too much more goalmouth action due to the Oldham's goal keepers' lack of enthusiasm. TBH I don't know why they bother providing highlights if they are as bad that effort.

I think that calls for a letter. I may only pay 40 quid a year, but it deserves to be rewarded with value for money. What say you?

The ref was appalling but that does not absolve the manager from being tactically clueless yet AGAIN. This is not even close to being acceptable . When are we going to get a manager with anything approaching the tactical nous of virtually all the visiting managers. Last nights crowd was awful and wont get any better until we improve our outlook and preparation , thus making the club unsustainable. DO SOMETHING NOW!!

Tactically clueless eh? I suppose four wins from five is luck rather than judgement ?

Archived