onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gunmen kill 12 in terrorist attack - Paris

TheJoker

Advert

You may remember a few weeks ago you sickly mocked the dogs burnt to death after the Manchester dogs home fire, and got very annoyed with those of us on here who were pleased that money had been raised.

The fact is that ordinary working class people in this country have always been ready to dig deep for worthy causes - whether it is an earthquake, Ebola, famine, tsunami or whatever - British people, whether or not Christian but at least for the moment the majority of the country identifies as Christian, are generous to a fault.

Britain gives massive amounts of foreign aid, a fact that makes me proud of my country although there are many things that we don't do right, this is one that we do. I do accept that some of the donations come from Muslims.

I would point out how miserly and mean the mega-rich gulf countries like the disgusting Saudi regime, and Qatar who can find billions for their corrupt World Cup were when asked for aid to combat Ebola in Africa. Whilst impoverished and bankrupt Cuba made a magnificent gesture in sending hundreds of doctors, these Islamic gulf states gave virtually nothing.

As for Christians apologising for crimes, I racked my brains and went through Google as you suggested, but strangely enough, can't find any instances of Islamic newspapers being firebombed, Islamic cartoonists being murdered, Christian terrorists hijacking plaanes and flying them into mosques or gatherings at Mecca or anything similar.

There are the lovely Westboro Baptist mob, but they are more of a joke than anything else and so far as I am aware haven't done anything anti-muslim, as they seem more obsessed with attacking gays and acting disgracefully at the funerals of their own dead soldiers, which suggests many things about their twisted mentality.

Should they start murdering or bombing and say it was in the name of Christianity though, I reckon there would be absolute outrage on an unimaginable scale from real decent Christians, who would not hold back in anger or condemnation and probably donations.

Eloquently put mon ami :yes:

OK...

I think your first paragraph exaggerates my reaction to the MDH fire somewhat; I don't recall mockery or annoyance but no matter. I think the thread's still around somewhere so people can make their own minds up if they want. Honestly, I don't really give a flyng one about that at the moment. As we kinda agreed, it's not about point scoring (I'm even trying to rein in my pomposity and be polite!) Yesterday's events and the likely repercussions both in terms of the impact on civil liberties and revenge attacks on Muslims are too horrible.

I don't really understand the point of your next three paragraphs and, again, I don't really care (no offence). My sole purpose in coming to this thread was to express my discomfort at the way that the Paris murders were being blamed on Islam when I believe... well, I've stated it several times now.

I actually meant for you to Google 'Muslim reaction to paris' or something like that. There was an article I read today (actually in a right leaning publication) that had tons of comments from Muslims decrying the actions of the scum yesterday.

Your point about not being able to think of Christian on Muslim crimes is quite interesting. (Also, yesterday wasn't about 'Muslim' on christian violence; one of the policemen killed was a Muslim.) I would argue that there are many hate crimes, albeit mostly on a vastly smaller scale than Paris, committed by Christians , 'in the name of God', that aren't reported as such and are instead (rightly) blamed on idiots, fanatics and people who (IMO) don't really have a proper understanding of Jesus' teachings. When American Pro-lifers attack (and in some circumstances, kill) abortionists and women visiting their clinics, it's not really labelled as being committed by fundamental or extremist Christians, it it? Wasn't the illegal war against Iraq claimed to be God's war (or something similar) by Huston Valiant's mate GW Bush? Have a look at 'Christian terrorism' on wiki, if you fancy. Again, I don't want to open this up any more as I only really wanted to make one point and the thread's already looking like turning into a debate on the rights and wrongs of Islam. I'm not going to flounce but I might (MIGHT) leave it there...

They speak out as individuals and their communitry and religious leaders locally do come out and condemn such acts and their have been numerous what I will call low scale rallies but no coordinated campaign nor mass rallies that I can see.

Is it simply not 'their' way and those that do protest against Israel etc are actually simply not typical?

Why should they react the way that we as "westerners" and non-Muslims do? Are people really judging them as in some way not being as outraged by these acts as 'us' cos they don't react en masse in the way that we think that they should?

Anyway the focus now should be on sympathy for those who have died and lost loved ones and wanting the killers to face justice with no one else becoming a victim.. hopefully we come out of this stronger.

THAT is why I would like to see strong condemnation from decent muslims who abhor this cancer in their midst. Your pompous and sanctimonious indignation on their part does nobody any favours, least of all them - it wont be you that reaps the right-wing revenge that will grow out of almost nothing if care is not taken to stop it properly Mr H.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/46-examples-of-muslim-outrage-about-paris-shooting-that-fox-news-cant-seem-to-find/#.VK-iVsM_Eso.facebook

They speak out as individuals and their communitry and religious leaders locally do come out and condemn such acts and their have been numerous what I will call low scale rallies but no coordinated campaign nor mass rallies that I can see.

Is it simply not 'their' way and those that do protest against Israel etc are actually simply not typical?

Why should they react the way that we as "westerners" and non-Muslims do? Are people really judging them as in some way not being as outraged by these acts as 'us' cos they don't react en masse in the way that we think that they should?

But even "us Westerners" do not react how we should.

The New York Times was caught sanitising an article they wrote, to eliminate the exact words one of the gunmen said to a woman.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/08/new-york-times-reports-on-muslim-proselytizing-during-charlie-hebdo-attack-then-deletes-it/

Archived