onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gunmen kill 12 in terrorist attack - Paris

TheJoker

Don't be naive, it was an act of extreme violence thinly veiled in religion. Those terrorists were not Muslims, the policeman who died defending the publication that mocked his religion, and more importantly defending their right to do so in the spirit of free speech, was a Muslim.

The KKK claim to be Christians but I don't see anything they do/ have done as even faintly Christian, in the traditional sense of the word.

Absolutely bob on. This point has been made so many times in this thread but people still keep claiming it's down to Muslims, rather than psychopaths. It's almost as if they want to blame this on Islam.

Advert

No, ****** Sunday is one of 100s of atrocities committed on both sides during the Troubles (as I suspect you know). I support the Union, but I do not support the UVF gunman who walked into The Heights pub in Loughinsland in 1994 and shot 6 people dead who were watching the Ireland-Italy match. Have you condemned that attack as well? I've not seen you do so. Under your logic, that makes you a terrorist sympathiser. See how ridiculous it is?

Why should I have any empathy with UVF gunmen. They are not my armed forces, they are more nutters killing in the name of a religion. They did not kill in my name or the name of anyone but themselves.

Don't you dare to say the UVF and the British Army are the same, no connection whatever.

So it is not ridiculous and that does not connect me with the terrorist UVF. Be more careful to not mix up groups of people, or did you intend to mislead ?

I can assure you that is not true - no apathy just admiration for true heroes.

What they have done is in the name of decency, honesty, openness and truth which is what Jesus did in the temple kicking over the corrupt, the liars, the double-dealing, cynical and manipulative rule-breakers in government who were not elected to repress and spy on their populations.

Curious interpretation of theology, but each to his own.

The more information in the public domain the better, keep your spooky secret anti-democratic people out of all our lives.

Is it okay then, if I put your credit card number on here? :D

Curious interpretation of theology, but each to his own.

Is it okay then, if I put your credit card number on here? :D

If you get it from your government files, publish and be damned. You could find it tricky though, I won't have a credit card, they are against my principles of funding bankers excessive lifestyles unless absolutely necessary and exploit the weak willed and those with little self control.:)

If you get it from your government files, publish and be damned. You could find it tricky though, I won't have a credit card, they are against my principles of funding bankers excessive lifestyles unless absolutely necessary and exploit the weak willed and those with little self control.:)

We have something in common, then? I have my entire fortune tied up in cash. The main disadvantage is getting no sleep. as the mattress is so lumpy.

No, ****** Sunday is one of 100s of atrocities committed on both sides during the Troubles (as I suspect you know). I support the Union, but I do not support the UVF gunman who walked into The Heights pub in Loughinsland in 1994 and shot 6 people dead who were watching the Ireland-Italy match. Have you condemned that attack as well? I've not seen you do so. Under your logic, that makes you a terrorist sympathiser. See how ridiculous it is?

I played in bands all over N.Ireland in the 70's , and I always breathed a sigh of relief when we came to a British Army checkpoint at 3am.

We never had a bit of trouble from any soldier , regardless of rank. One band I was in spent a whole night drinking with RUC officers at a hotel, with British Army soldiers patrolling outside in the snow. Young lads of 18 from all the counties of Britain. I always felt sorry for them, poor chaps.

The UVF were a different matter entirely, and I dreaded coming home late in case we ran across them, which would have been the end of it, as it was for the Miami show band. They all had their cruel ways, UVF,IRA, The Paras (some of them) , but thankfully it's peaceful now. A lot of people in the 32 counties will tell you that it wasn't about religion, but power and land /money. Catholic/Protestant didn't matter, despite what you think. You can be sure that the heads of IS , Al Qaeda, and Boko Haram are all eating well, whilst brainwashing their so called followers. They say it's Islam , but I'd say that they could care less as long as they have enough money and power, just like Gerry Adams , Ian Paisley did and all the rest of that lot who caused such misery for innocent people, soldiers and civilians alike. Some things never change , no matter what way you look at it.

Or equally providing savvy savers with a way of buying now,leaving their monies in a saving account and paying off the balance on the due date :)

Archived