onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gunmen kill 12 in terrorist attack - Paris

TheJoker

We really do bring a lot of things on ourselves in 'Soft Britain'.

The USA gives him life in prison,Britain gives him a £2.5 million house in London and covers his legal costs.

Even after all this,we're still paying to house,feed and take care of the healthcare needs of his criminal family.

I'm afraid we'll be forced to learn the hard way for our kindness.

The USA has strong ties to Saudi Arabia, and when Bush was in power , the country also had close to the Bin Laden family.

Half the time , the public doesn't know what is going on between all these crooked politicians. Meanwhile ,Yemen has been supplying and harboring terrorists for the last 20 years and no one has done anything about it.

Advert

If you don't think the Bible, Quran or Torah are not violent, then id suggest you carry on studying. It contains violent acts, and violent teachings. If, as you say, it is historical, then yes the people and the gods in them are violent. Extremely so. And thats the danger of following lessons written in a more barbaric time. Muslims say Islam is a religion of peace, but muhammed wasn't peaceful. Christians say christianity is a religion of peace, yet God and moses etc weren't peaceful. Its people (the majority of them) now who are peaceful. Those who have moved on from barbaric times. I can give you quote after quote from either that contain disgusting acts by their religions most important characters. And if a religion is based on the scriptures, and that book is violent, then yes Im right in saying that religion is violent.

My post was actually stating that religious people weren't necessarily violent. Thankfully religious people use their more modern values and morals to dictate how they follow religion, not their religion dictate how they choose their morals. For example, why aren't Christians up in arms about covering their neighbours possessions? Its in the ten commandments, yet being gay is seemingly as bad as murder. Its because their morality and dare i say prejudices, dictate what parts of their religion they deem important.

I assume you meant "coveting" a neighbour's possessions? It's just as important a commandment as any other. Up in arms about people coveting my stuff or my neighbour's? I'm not sure that's what we should always be doing. I'm not to point out the speck in your eye, whilst ignoring the plank in my own.

My beliefs are based on a God who created the world and everything in it and believing in his Son, who he sent as a sacrifice for my sin and yours. Jesus said that if I believe in Him I will obey His commands. He also said to love God and love my neighbour as myself. That's my first priority. So that doesn't involve violence, killing, murder, beheading or even, as Jesus clarified, getting angry with someone who might have offended me. But I can sometimes be accused of the latter, so where does that leave me? If it was a case of me working my way through life trying to keep God's laws, I'm a failure. I'm toast, literally. Thankfully, Jesus has me covered. In just the same way that all the past sins of the world, that caused God to commit some of those "violent acts" that you refer to, they are also covered. One day, we shall be accountable to Jesus. Don't let your blindness to the truth of the Bible cause you to miss out.

That's right, blame both of them for all our troubles :rolleyes: And here's me thinking it has something to do with the mega meddling of powerful western government secret service agencies pocking their collective noses into other countries affairs - including Australia & New Zealand.

ps For Us All; my response is to the article content - not to you mon ami :)

I assume you meant "coveting" a neighbour's possessions? It's just as important a commandment as any other. Up in arms about people coveting my stuff or my neighbour's? I'm not sure that's what we should always be doing. I'm not to point out the speck in your eye, whilst ignoring the plank in my own.

My beliefs are based on a God who created the world and everything in it and believing in his Son, who he sent as a sacrifice for my sin and yours. Jesus said that if I believe in Him I will obey His commands. He also said to love God and love my neighbour as myself. That's my first priority. So that doesn't involve violence, killing, murder, beheading or even, as Jesus clarified, getting angry with someone who might have offended me. But I can sometimes be accused of the latter, so where does that leave me? If it was a case of me working my way through life trying to keep God's laws, I'm a failure. I'm toast, literally. Thankfully, Jesus has me covered. In just the same way that all the past sins of the world, that caused God to commit some of those "violent acts" that you refer to, they are also covered. One day, we shall be accountable to Jesus. Don't let your blindness to the truth of the Bible cause you to miss out.

Firsty my original post wasn't about christianity, but religion as a whole.

Yes I did mean coveting. I could go through your post to look for typos too if you like?

Yet the plank in many christens eyes doesn't stop them from wishing hell and damnation on gay people. Which was my point.

As for the rest, it must be nice to have a get out of Jail free card for whatever bad stuff you do in life. I presume their isn't a 'you can use this get out clause with these sins, but not these' list? Irrelevant to my point about peoples morality though and where it comes from.

Saying we must not let them change us (a sentiment with which I agree) will mean the very opposite of what you are saying should be allowed to happen. Sharia law is the very epitome of intolerance with its emphasis on retribution and the subjugation of women. We should never allow a vote on the implementation of a code of law that would take us back to the dark ages and Sharia law should never be allowed to be practiced in our democracy, a democracy that cherishes the common law, habeas corpus and the rights of the common man (and woman).

I am well aware of Sharia Law and the basis of our democracy

If the majority of people vote for it then it has to be allowed to happen..if they don't then it must not. One thing we must not allow is for it to be allowed in certain communities to appease them...we don't do that and should not do that

Tyrants will always use democratic means to subvert democracy, a good example being the Third Reich which got into power by democratic means and then abolished every last vestige of democracy. This should never be allowed to happen.

If the people vote for something are you saying those who didn't vote for it should stop it from happening? If any 'govt' in the Uk tries to impose on us what the majority don't want then of course the majority should fight against it. We can't stop someone putting themslves fwd in a democracy cos we disagree with what they stand for or fear what they will do if they get elected..we don't do that and nor should we

Does a week go by without the 'Religion of Peace' adding to its collection of atrocities? Trying to claim that it is nothing to do with Islam is false and repeating this ad nauseam doesn't help matters, it's purely a case of burying your head in the sand and hoping it goes away. In fact, worse than that, it creates a free pass for this to continue. I don't actually know what the solution is, and there clearly isn't going to be a quick fix, but ignoring it surely won't help?

We do need moderate Muslims to actively speak out against this behavior but we need more than that - and this is the difficult part - we need them to speak out against certain texts within their religion, and to try and reform these parts. How are you going to get Muslims, en masse, to criticise a book that is supposed to be written by God, and therefore perfect, and texts written about the Prophet who is supposed to be the best example for mankind?! It is not going to happen anytime soon, but in the meantime at least lets be honest about it!

In this instance the peaceful majority of muslims won't achieve anything significant. Islam is the youngest of the major religions and presumably there has always been a peaceful majority amongst its followers yet countries from Egypt to Turkey have still been converted to Islam. The aggressive minority will achieve its aim of converting Europe to Islam if Europe sits back and tries to appease it as has happened to date. Europe needs to act decisively now and perhaps forever against the extremist element and stop the spread of Islam and the threat to its hard won way of life.

Firsty my original post wasn't about christianity, but religion as a whole.

Yes I did mean coveting. I could go through your post to look for typos too if you like?

Yet the plank in many christens eyes doesn't stop them from wishing hell and damnation on gay people. Which was my point.

As for the rest, it must be nice to have a get out of Jail free card for whatever bad stuff you do in life. I presume their isn't a 'you can use this get out clause with these sins, but not these' list? Irrelevant to my point about peoples morality though and where it comes from.

Sorry you felt I was criticising your typo. Just making sure I understood correctly.

I don't have any "get out of jail free card". Nobody is wishing hell and damnation on anybody. Unlike the choice that radical muslims give to people - "convert or I will cut you head off" - I am just telling you what the Bible says. You make your choice.

Archived