onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gunmen kill 12 in terrorist attack - Paris

TheJoker

Advert

I don't think Private Eye have anything to worry about - like most of the British media, they self-censor when it comes to Islam.

The best way to fight this would be for every newspaper to print what offended these people on their front pages, worldwide. Not to agree with the cartoons, but just show them - so they are everywhere and these people can see how counter-productive it is to do these acts.

I wonder if Sony might make a film about it too.

I am prepared to believe that most muslim are against this, but would be totally convinced if they got out on the streets to condemn it, and raised a huge fund for the families of thoe poor souls who were murdered.

The best way to fight this would be for every newspaper to print what offended these people on their front pages, worldwide. Not to agree with the cartoons, but just show them - so they are everywhere and these people can see how counter-productive it is to do these acts.

I wonder if Sony might make a film about it too.

I am prepared to believe that most muslim are against this, but would be totally convinced if they got out on the streets to condemn it, and raised a huge fund for the families of thoe poor souls who were murdered.

You are so right - the best way to fight these despicable idiots is to speak out.

Here is a great quote from Mazen Darwish, a Syrian journalist, smuggled out of the jail where he is imprisoned, about what has happened there because of their failure to speak out against tyranny and terrorism:

What a great shame that it has taken us all of this bloodshed to arrive at the belief that we are the ones who will pay the price for preventing those with whom we disagree from expressing their views – and that we will pay with our lives and our futures. What a shame this much blood has had to be spilled for us to realise, finally, that we are digging our own graves when we allow thought to be crushed by accusations of unbelief, calling people infidels, and when we allow opinion to be countered with violence

The pen is mightier than the sword.

Horrible. Just awful. Thoughts are with the families and friends of the victims of today's terrible events.

That's really good of you, being "prepared to believe" that 'most muslims' (out of the estimated 1.6 billion on the planet) are against this but I fail to see why they should take to the streets and raise money. Why should they have to prove their disgust at what happened today? Would you say the same of white people, Christians, men? (Totally agree with your first paragraph though.)

Horrible. Just awful. Thoughts are with the families and friends of the victims of today's terrible events.

That's really good of you, being "prepared to believe" that 'most muslims' (out of the estimated 1.6 billion on the planet) are against this but I fail to see why they should take to the streets and raise money. Why should they have to prove their disgust at what happened today? Would you say the same of white people, Christians, men? (Totally agree with your first paragraph though.)

You are being typically very harsh and missing an important point.

Perhaps it was suggested because, a few nutters like the Westboro Baptist Church aside and other USA white extremists, other people don't go around doing these attacks, suicide bombings etc and killing thousands, millions of their own religion because it deviates slightly shia v sunny or something similar.

Yes, it did at one time when protestants and catholics slaughtered each other, so maybe in a few hundred years we will all be ok with Islam.

For now, despite your glib 'that's very good of you' you ought to realise that it actually IS very good of me, as if your provocative words fuel the flames further, the result will be a vastly increasing number here, in France and in virtually every other European country who are preparing the way to unleash a murderous backlash that could become a second holocaust, but with mosques burning everywhere.

THAT is why I would like to see strong condemnation from decent muslims who abhor this cancer in their midst. Your pompous and sanctimonious indignation on their part does nobody any favours, least of all them - it wont be you that reaps the right-wing revenge that will grow out of almost nothing if care is not taken to stop it properly Mr H.

Incidentally, there have been muslim protests on British streets against this type of act before, so why not again - the sooner the better.

My problem with your post (and genuine apologies for any perceived sanctimony - this shouldn't be a thread for point scoring) was that I felt it put the onus on the 'muslims' to almost prove their innocence (or at least their anger) in all this. All day I have read people writing about 'muslims' and Islam, when, in reality, this has **** all to do with that; the act of this gang of maniacs today may have been done because of their twisted interpretation of Islam but it had nothing to do with the religion or hundreds of millions of people who practice the religion.

Archived