onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams Out!

Again I ask, if finances are ok as we are lead to believe by Bill, Glenn and the Flower Pot men, why are we desperate for the AmeriTurf money?

Would all of this money be destined for the team? I doubt it.

I reckon it's to buy more bricks in order to build Fortress Port Vale around the boardroom.

Advert

As a fan of port vale football club I am pleading with the current board to assist in every single way to help mark Simms in completing his due diligence of the clubs accounts. It is necessary that this happens as quickly as possible so ensuring the team for next season can be developed to a standard that Adams is happy with.

From Statements that have been issued it seems to me that Adams has a number of targets that he wants to sign (within the current budget) that will improve the current squad. I am hoping that this is the only reason why he has offered to become a member of the new board (I am not interested in the conspiracy theory). If you remember in previous season players have been signed early so the squad and tactics can be matured ready for the START of the season.

I am also interested in threads where more and more people are turning against Adams. However if you read many threads during the Gannon term many people were pleading for the return of Adams. And just remember the great atmosphere that had begun at the start of last season. It seems to me that people will never be happy with any situation or appointment made at port vale.

I rarely post for or against the board or Mo but the hatred within this site against the board is VERY OBVIOUS , this is why Simms, not Adams, needs to be assisted directly by the current board to set up 4 directors so adams can do his job and simms his , I personally think that will be to assist in the takeover of the club.

Where is the money for players from the yanky deal compared to the mo deal. Get a grip pro boarder.

Come on its £1.6 M over 10 years , how wonderful (equates to 600+ STs per season).

2000 lost STs many of which could be lost permanently (@£250 each =

£500k pa)

How are the Yanks going to make that up?

As a fan of port vale football club I am pleading with the current board to assist in every single way to help mark Simms in completing his due diligence of the clubs accounts. It is necessary that this happens as quickly as possible so ensuring the team for next season can be developed to a standard that Adams is happy with.

I agree, there could be no excuse for the board not to do every thing in its power to make the due dilligence smooth and quick, Roger the finance guy must be made available for Mark Simms to sit with all the days they are there to ensure every question can be answered.

Regardless of whether you believe Adams motives (i dont). Not many seem to be picking up the fact that this is a complete conflict of interests on Adams part. Not to mention effectively giving the two ousted directors their voice back!

Come on folks lets rid ourselves of these people, Adams included and start afresh. If we allow this to happen wave goodbye to our club!!

At the end of the day it doesnt matter what adams thinks or says the reasons are for joining the board..... If he thinks the only thing on the agenda of the first board meeting will be playing budget he is an idiot.... it wont matter if he votes against them the deed will be done.... he could sit in the corner like a fishwife with clap it will be business as usual for the three snakes...

Lets not forget.... even if he is against the board and votes with simms and nlv they lose the vote..... the chair has the casting vote.... honest bill bullcack

It makes you wonder whether,because of the state of the finances,they anticipate that Mark Sims will turn down the offer of a directorship.This sounds like Plan B.

Sounds like Plan A

1) Make Mark Simms audit as difficuilt as possible, make him not want to invest

2) Line up a name where they know they will get 50% share holder approval

Agree with that, he is a traitor to the fans.

Wrong use of the word "fans" in that sentence maybe you just missed the words "a few rogue" from in front of it as the vast vast majority of "fans" are very happy hes back and very happy to have him "on board" too if he wishes..

Thought he spoke well and seems keen on the Sky TV interview just now and that it is for "football reasons"...

All good stuff really.

I'll have to be a dissenting voice I'm afraid.

Adams is doing this so the club can trade, being one short of a full board. I think that's his only motivation and if you think that means he'll support V2001 in the current dispute, why not ask him? I gather both B & G and NLV have asked precisely this question and his answer is awaited.

Until the answer comes I suggest we lay off. Otherwise we risk throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Thank you for a voice of reason--purely in playing terms, we can't wait until July before signing any new players? If Adams' making the numbers up on the interim board is solely for this reason, surely it has to be in the club's best interest?

Archived