onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 3 MK Dons 4

Caz or caz123

People go on and on about the defence and although we could do with a couple more additions you also have to look at how you defend as a team too. I've always said that Lines and O'Connor as a partnership is far from ideal. Both are good players but neither like the defensive side of the game and could be considered ball-winners.

They're simply a better side than us and we gave them a decent game. N'Guessan scoring a double is a huge positive as we will need him to step up to the mantle while Pope is out. Williamson and Birchall should be no more than bench players.

Advert

Everything that was bad about Slew seemed to be caught by Williamson today. Birchy too seemed to have the effort but lacked anything else. The rest ranged between average to good with N'Guessan doing particularly well. Thought we got done tactically and were generally outclassed in large parts of the game, however we gave it a good go and could have nicked a draw. God knows what the back four will be next week.

MK Dons made five changes from last week's team. I dread to think what the score would have been if they had the first team out.

That said, I thought their player dived for the penalty and what did McGivern get booked for? The only thing I saw was a foul by Daniel so did he get the players mixed up as they so alike?

Williamson had a poor game today but then again none of the forwards did. We didn't enjoy enough quality possession to get any of them into the game.

Once again a team puts an extra body in the middle of the park and passes us to ribbons. We look vulnerable playing a 4-diamond-2 against good footballing sides. While Pope is out injured I'd be minded to play one up front and put Brown in midfield as an extra body.

Didnt seem like an FA Cup Tie to me,no atmosphere,no excitement perhaps I'm getting old but I'm sure years ago it was lets give it a go its the Cup, obviously playing a good side, but we didnt "Get at " them,when we did for 20 minutes in the second half we had some success.

What a poor performance. Can't think of a positive. Lines is a tart , Benny and Birchall ****. **** poor tactics. Just stood off and watched them play.

Can't think of a positive? We played poorly and scored 3 goals against a very good side and Nguessen scored 2 there certainly positive IMO.

I really don't see why people have this obsession with poking 'franchise' abuse towards MKD. Perhaps they hate us for being in existence despite twice going into administration.

MK Franchise may be a good footballing side at present but Franchise is exactly what they are, so they had better get used to it. If anyone from MK doubts the justification for this they can read the section on Background and Motivation in this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relocation_of_Wimbledon_F.C._to_Milton_Keynes

Or, the section on Supporters' Club Recognition in this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_Keynes_Dons_F.C.

Tells you everything you need to know.

There might be only a few points between the two teams but let's face it, it was like chalk and cheese, and just shows how far we are actually off a play-off when you also consider they made half a dozen changes. We never had control of the game, lack composure when we try and play out from the back with the result the now inevitable pass back to Neal, lump up field, surrender of possession and inviting of pressure. Birchall was dreadful, didn't offer anything and Marshall is so much more threatening when he cuts inside. Given the absence of defenders next week and our total inability to keep a clean sheet, I would go 4-3-3 with Brown anchoring in Midfield with O'Connor and Lines, and Daniel and Marshall either side N'Guessan. God knows what the defence will be.

Some Vale fans are very negative, they dont go to watch a game of f/ball with two teams taking part, some will never give credit to our opponents,thought they played some good football, so did we at times, kept trying till the end, think positive we will finish in the top half of the league, also dissapointed with crowed

The first half was dreadful.. we kept giving them too much with the ball and we didn't close them down enough.. :(.

The second half was a bit better but we always seem to play better when it is nearly too late to do anything though which is frustrating.. :(.

I think the defense needs serious attention though and the ref was awful as usual so that didn't help at all. :(.

Archived