onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

#adamsout?

Memphis

A proven loser who has 4 promotions, two of which were against all odds, creates brilliant dressing room atmospheres and has fantastic WIN record with us! ;)

Seriously stay off the drugs, as Coldplay stated they 'don't work' for you :D

Ask sheff utd fans who put the final nails in there relegation coffin england won the world cup in 1966 a feat they wont repeat in my lifetime anyone can harp on about past acheivments its about now you are the one on drugs not me u need em to watch the dross every week dinasor foot ball and a loosing habit

Advert

Nobody wants him to fail REP,but I fear his best days are behind him.Vale's promotion was one in 10 years.Very welcome and well done.

That's just typical of football fans in general though always normally being slightly pessimistic at best. His last 3 seasons have seen continual improvement in the league table, if he achieves that this season it will be a magnificent achievement.

I just think 6 games is a ridiculous time to be discussing his position. Crazy game at times football!

Ask sheff utd fans who put the final nails in there relegation coffin england won the world cup in 1966 a feat they wont repeat in my lifetime anyone can harp on about past acheivments its about now you are the one on drugs not me u need em to watch the dross every week dinasor foot ball and a loosing habit

You are crackers, I couldn't understand the last few lines as they don't make any sense but in terms of achievements you can only deal in the here and now and from the most recent completed season he had us in our highest finish for a decade :)

You can't ignore his success with Vale and then bring up his prior failure at the Blunts who were already dying, it makes a mockery of your argument.

Stay off the smack kid, it's addling your noggin! ;)

You are crackers, I couldn't understand the last few lines as they don't make any sense but in terms of achievements you can only deal in the here and now and from the most recent completed season he had us in our highest finish for a decade :)

You can't ignore his success with Vale and then bring up his prior failure at the Blunts who were already dying, it makes a mockery of your argument.

Stay off the smack kid, it's addling your noggin! ;)

When we were on our backside after finishing 18th in League 2 under Glover we needed someone who'd get us out of the division by any means necessary. Micky did that, and Vale fans will always be thankful for that.

IMO, he can't take us any further than he has now. He'd done superb to get us here, but if we want to be pushing to get out of League 1 we need a manager with more tactical flexibility who plays better football.

Stoke took a huge risk when they replaced Pulis with Hughes; Pulis had worked wonders to get Stoke in the prem and Hughes was a huge change, but look at how its worked. They finished 9th last season and beat the champions away the other week. The risk has paid off.

We need to take the risk. Go towards a more progressive manager as opposed to one who values hard-work and fitness above everything. I'm getting tired of the style of football we play, and any team who scouts us knows that if they put a big centre half on Pope and play through the middle we are screwed.

When we were on our backside after finishing 18th in League 2 under Glover we needed someone who'd get us out of the division by any means necessary. Micky did that, and Vale fans will always be thankful for that.

IMO, he can't take us any further than he has now. He'd done superb to get us here, but if we want to be pushing to get out of League 1 we need a manager with more tactical flexibility who plays better football.

Stoke took a huge risk when they replaced Pulis with Hughes; Pulis had worked wonders to get Stoke in the prem and Hughes was a huge change, but look at how its worked. They finished 9th last season and beat the champions away the other week. The risk has paid off.

We need to take the risk. Go towards a more progressive manager as opposed to one who values hard-work and fitness above everything.

Spot on IMHO.

Football is a results business. The first month of the season has been dire in that sense. Another month like the one we've just had and questions should be being asked.

More worrying than the results though is the standard of football and the complete lack of any sense of direction. This despite us having what looks like our strongest squad for some time. He doesn't seem to know which keeper to pick, the back four has virtually no cohesion, nor seemingly the midfield. Pope is ploughing the proverbial lone furrow whilst battling for scraps.

I just think football has moved past the tactics we are employing and at the minute we are coming up well short. It needs fixing fast.

Let's hope the boys start by stuffing the Alex next week.

Have people just noticed his tactics and style are terrible? The best football we played has been when his hands were tied with regards to what formation to play.

I think he would shave been replaced this summer, but for some reason a lot of fans love the football he plays and think he is some sort of footballing genius/messiah and would have kicked up a stink.

On the contrary the stats show I'm backing a winner! ;)

Hopefully for the benefit of the club lots of humble pie at the end of this season again.

Being someone close to football you know that by and large where you are after six games is about where you will finish at the end of the season. Methinks we are in for a long season, especially with the defence we have. At least I was right when I predicted Duffy would get dropped before Christmas but I did not see it happen quite as quick as it has.

I must admit I get frustrated with Micky Adams' tactics - or lack of - and I am of the opinion that he structures his teams in a very 1980's style where it's mainly about 'fitness', 'get in their faces', 'high tempo' and 'get the ball forwards quickly to the target man', etc. I think this is largely outdated but is still effective at L2 level. However, in L1 things like fitness and workrate are a given, I can't remember seeing any teams fading towards the end of games any more than us and we have been matched and even outdone for workrate in the last season & 6 games. In L1 and above you need to keep the ball better, pass it better, be more constructive in possession and be much, much better when not in possession than we are and move off the ball much, much better than we do. I'm sure Micky knows this and hopefully Rob Page does too. It's a question of if and when they can adjust our style of play as a unit as to whether or not we continue to struggle.

I was wondering how long it would be before the question of Adams' future would come up but I must admit I thought it wouldn't be before mid-October even if we had a bad start, so for me 6 games is a joke.

I honestly think we have a better squad than last season but as of yet Adams hasn't got them sorted into a core team and also hasn't discovered the best way to use their blend. Hopefully he will do in the not too distant future.

The reason we 'are where we are' (? !!) is down to 60 minutes of garbage against Notts County coupled with some misfortune in so much as they scored with two massive deflections whilst the last half our was like shooting in but we couldn't score - which I can forgive - plus 90 minutes of garbage against Chesterfield where we got dragged into a game of animosity fuelled by Dan Jones and, to a lesser degree, Sam Morsy and were tactically useless alongside having some woeful personal performances like that from Lines and also O'Connor, the best example of which is where Morsy hit the bar; both of them just let him run and line up his shot - absolute rubbish. If we'd have head 4 points from those games no one would be moaning now and there's no reason we can't improve performances to the level required to take those points from games like that.

Finally there were a couple of great points made on P&G last night; 1) we're hopeless at defending as a unit and the back four are constantly under pressure and let down by weakness in central midfield & 2) we concede far too many goals to long range shots from outside the box, which is related to problem 1) as we just let the opposition shoot from range. The ball has changed so much in recent years it's now much easier to score from long range but our tactics don't seem to reflect that change.

Adams is a proven manager and I have faith he'll get it sorted. If we're still struggling to keep clean sheets by the end of November I'll accept his thinking is out-moded but unless that happens I'll keep faith with him (much as the 'lump it to Popey' style drives me nuts).

To be fair to him he has played a lot of youngsters recently - Johnson' date=' Grimmer, Knott, Veseli, Hughil, and now Slew. He also gave Morsy his debut.[/quote']

To be pendantic for a moment, Morsy played 27 minutes as sub under Micky Adams in two games. After the second of those games he didn't even make the bench for the next 10 weeks and didn't actually make his full debut until Adams went to Sheffield and Jim Gannon took over. He then played for a fair bit of the rest of the season after that. So his full debut was under Gannon and it was Gannon who actually recognised that he deserved a run in the team.

Being someone close to football you know that by and large where you are after six games is about where you will finish at the end of the season. Methinks we are in for a long season, especially with the defence we have. At least I was right when I predicted Duffy would get dropped before Christmas but I did not see it happen quite as quick as it has.

I don't know how close to football you are, do you have any stats to back that up?

Archived