onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

#adamsout?

Memphis

To be pendantic for a moment, Morsy played 27 minutes as sub under Micky Adams in two games. After the second of those games he didn't even make the bench for the next 10 weeks and didn't actually make his full debut until Adams went to Sheffield and Jim Gannon took over. He then played for a fair bit of the rest of the season after that. So his full debut was under Gannon and it was Gannon who actually recognised that he deserved a run in the team.

Be as pedantic as you like, I'm still right ;)

And so I will reiterate he still gave him his debut. All the rest is simply further detail.

Advert

And so I will reiterate he still gave him his debut. [/quote

And then totally ignored him when the lad deserved a chance. Using Morsy as an example of how Micky Adams gives young players a chance does not add a great deal of credibility to your argument, REP.

And then totally ignored him when the lad deserved a chance. Using Morsy as an example of how Micky Adams gives young players a chance does not add a great deal of credibility to your argument, REP.

He always said if they are good enough they will play and he's been true to that. Morsy had an extended run in the promotion season under Adams and then wrecked it for himself.

I wonder how Adams contract works........One year rolling contract, so if and its a big if at the moment Smurf got rid its my understanding that he will be owed a full 12 months salary, OR does it mean arguably say we got to Christmas and then he went, would we owe him 6 months and at the end of the season it starts again ?

Either way I am sure MA will have it sewn up.

I wonder how Adams contract works........One year rolling contract, so if and its a big if at the moment Smurf got rid its my understanding that he will be owed a full 12 months salary, OR does it mean arguably say we got to Christmas and then he went, would we owe him 6 months and at the end of the season it starts again ?

Either way I am sure MA will have it sewn up.

Every day he wakes up he will either be due 12 months wages if sacked it be under contract for that length of time.

He always said if they are good enough they will play and he's been true to that. Morsy had an extended run in the promotion season under Adams and then wrecked it for himself.

He was clearly good enough in the season when he played under Gannon yet had never had a look in under Micky Adams. Adams and Morsy did not get on. Morsy expressed his opinion to some of his mates in the younger players that he was not getting a chance. This was done privately but was overheard by a senior player who reported it to Adams. Morsy was then carpeted by Adams for having an opinion. I was told this by a former Vale youth player who was a witness to the events.

I never accepted that calling one of your own players a coward in the press was an acceptable thing for a manager to do.

Have people just noticed his tactics and style are terrible? The best football we played has been when his hands were tied with regards to what formation to play.

I think he would shave been replaced this summer, but for some reason a lot of fans love the football he plays and think he is some sort of footballing genius/messiah and would have kicked up a stink.

no. read my post on the page before. i think people accepted the style because nobody believed we were capable of better. now people don't accept the style because we are (or at least should be) capable of better

He was clearly good enough in the season when he played under Gannon yet had never had a look in under Micky Adams. Adams and Morsy did not get on. Morsy expressed his opinion to some of his mates in the younger players that he was not getting a chance. This was done privately but was overheard by a senior player who reported it to Adams. Morsy was then carpeted by Adams for having an opinion. I was told this by a former Vale youth player who was a witness to the events.

I never accepted that calling one of your own players a coward in the press was an acceptable thing for a manager to do.

To be fair Adams had us top of the league, Gannon and Morsy came in and we finished mid-table.

I wouldn't call an employee a coward publically but he tried to hurt a fellow pro three times in three games.

Neither would I spread internal information as gossip to outsiders as the youth teamer did.

To be fair Adams had us too of the league, Gannon and Morsy came in and we finished mid-table.

I wouldn't call an employee a coward publically but he tried to hurt a fellow pro three times in three games.

Jesus chriust, you've talked some ******** on this thread so far but this takes the biscuit. So you are suggesting it was Morsy and gannon who ruined our promotion chances? Thats your argument to show adams was right not to play him? You seriously can't believe half of what you are typing here, and have just backed yourself into a corner because you are unwilling to have any criticism of the messiah.

He's a good league Two manager, run of the mill league One manager with no plan B and a very basic footballing philosophy. He definitely should get more time to turn our form around, it was only a couple of weeks ago that we were all optimistic about the season ahead! But he's not the messiah and certainly not irreplaceable.

Archived