onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

#adamsout?

Memphis

*Don't see how you can fluke a promotion.* The reason goals scored have decreased and goals conceded has increased is that we have jumped a division and are playing better teams, that happens very regularly at most levels of football. I doubt many promoted teams from last season in league football for example will have better goal differences at the end of this season.

The players and the management are letting us down very badly at the moment and rather than all the chatter from people like Lines and Duffy in the paper and Pope on twitter they need to step up and deliver.

The big players absolutely must step up particularly, Pope, Lines, O'Connor who has offered nothing from what I've seen aside from one thunderbolt etc.

I don't see how we could fluke promotion either, I mean its not as if the goal that actually got us promoted was a ridiculous own goal by an ex-valiant. http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

Forget Mad Jim we now have Mental Mickey

Advert

I don't see how we could fluke promotion either, I mean its not as if the goal that actually got us promoted was a ridiculous own goal by an ex-valiant. http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

Forget Mad Jim we now have Mental Mickey

Ah but then we could still have lost 12 or 13 at Wycombe ;)

The point I was making is that promotion is won over 46 games, not a fluke.

But if Collins hadn't of scored that goal we may not of even got promoted so yeah it was kind of a fluke, and based on the 2nd half of that season we really didn't deserve promotion ;)

There is no doubt that over the season we deserved to go up but looking back without the 'rosey glasses' on we stumbled over the finishing line and if Popey & Hughesy hadn't bagged their 19 goals in the last 10 games we would have failed miserably because Neal apart the rest of the team was woeful.

It has to be said that even that year Adams' lack of technical qualities were shown up on numerous occasions by several rookie managers. That said I will always be grateful for Micky giving us back a little respect during the dark days of Bratt and co and remember how proud I felt when he came and we had a 'real manager'. The others during were either yes men or no marks to be frank. Sinnott may have become a good one but never got the chance to prove himself one way or another due to constant 'back stabbing' from half the board and the usual crew.

There is no doubt that over the season we deserved to go up but looking back without the 'rosey glasses' on we stumbled over the finishing line and if Popey & Hughesy hadn't bagged their 19 goals in the last 10 games we would have failed miserably because Neal apart the rest of the team was woeful.

It has to be said that even that year Adams' lack of technical qualities were shown up on numerous occasions by several rookie managers. That said I will always be grateful for Micky giving us back a little respect during the dark days of Bratt and co and remember how proud I felt when he came and we had a 'real manager'. The others during were either yes men or no marks to be frank. Sinnott may have become a good one but never got the chance to prove himself one way or another due to constant 'back stabbing' from half the board and the usual crew.

To be fair Loft and particularly JMW were anything but woeful ;)

He ****** about in the summer will he..wont he...sign a new contract & when he did finally sign some of our good players had gone Nott, loft, & all the descent players out of contract elsewhere had been signed up, I said it then & I say again Just do the descent thing Adams & **** off.

Look out guys the spelling monitor is watching :unsure:should read 'all the "decent" players' :doh::blush:

Archived