onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

#adamsout?

Memphis

Advert

Under the heading " Fergie's fledglings flying" the following comment was made in todays press that will never be applied to Vale during Micky Adams managership 'The win was illuminated by spectacular goals by latest NON-LEAGUE gem……' Ferguson also commented 'Myself and the chairman were determined to strip down the squad and go with YOUNG PLAYERS', a comment that will never pass Adams' lips. On the contrary, he has systematically jettisoned young players who, with patience and perseverance could only improve, preferring instead the quick fix option of signing seasoned players on who cannot improve. He's a very short sighted and narrow minded man.This policy will, I predict, lead too his ultimate downfall.

% win rates should therefore surely be easier and higher.

What are these ideas and who quantifies they are bright?

Burton unbeaten this season and put QPR out of the League Cup.Halifax unbeaten,Aspo manager of the month.Ginger Mourinho,hands tied by a lot smaller budget than Adams.I guarantee Walsall will finish above us this season.Walsall hovering near the playoffs since he has built his team with young exciting players.By his own admission Adams is an 'old' manager.

Under the heading " Fergie's fledglings flying" the following comment was made in todays press that will never be applied to Vale during Micky Adams managership 'The win was illuminated by spectacular goals by latest NON-LEAGUE gem……' Ferguson also commented 'Myself and the chairman were determined to strip down the squad and go with YOUNG PLAYERS', a comment that will never pass Adams' lips. On the contrary, he has systematically jettisoned young players who, with patience and perseverance can only improve preferring instead the quick fix option of signing seasoned players on who cannot improve. He's a very short sighted and narrow minded man.This policy will, I predict, lead too his ultimate downfall.

To be fair to him he has played a lot of youngsters recently - Johnson, Grimmer, Knott, Veseli, Hughil, and now Slew. He also gave Morsy his debut.

Under the heading " Fergie's fledglings flying" the following comment was made in todays press that will never be applied to Vale during Micky Adams managership 'The win was illuminated by spectacular goals by latest NON-LEAGUE gem……' Ferguson also commented 'Myself and the chairman were determined to strip down the squad and go with YOUNG PLAYERS', a comment that will never pass Adams' lips. On the contrary, he has systematically jettisoned young players who, with patience and perseverance can only improve preferring instead the quick fix option of signing seasoned players on who cannot improve. He's a very short sighted and narrow minded man.This policy will, I predict, lead too his ultimate downfall.

Although Vale fans moan like anything if we're linked with non-league players, because we got burnt with Slater and Perry.

Burton unbeaten this season and put QPR out of the League Cup.Halifax unbeaten,Aspo manager of the month.Ginger Mourinho,hands tied by a lot smaller budget than Adams.I guarantee Walsall will finish above us this season.Walsall hovering near the playoffs since he has built his team with young exciting players.By his own admission Adams is an 'old' manager.

I'd rather judge managers on their pro record though rather than just 6 games.

Crikey I reckon you could find a run of 6 games that made mad Jim a world beater.

my mate is a big everton fan and wanted moyes out for a long time before he left. i always called him crazy, telling him what a good job he'd done for them etc. and most of the people they could replace him with would see them would see them tumble away from the 4th-6th position they'd seemed to have cemented under him

i now know how he felt. adams has brought (relative) success at vale. not that a 3rd place promotion from the 4th to 3rd tier is as good as we can hope for but it was the first promotion in a long time and that should NEVER be forgotten. however i can't personally see that he is the man to take us forward from here.

imo fans were happy to see whatever style of football fitted in L2 to get results (for half a season that was some brilliant football resulting in tearing teams apart, but most of the time it wasn't), and fans accepted it because we never had a team, let alone squad that fans felt were capable of much better. when you've got griff in the middle of the park you're probably not gonna be passing teams to death. but now, fans (if they're anything like me anyway) feel like we have a very good first 11 and probably good options beyond that too (maybe not at the back, but i still think we have the makings of a good back 4). so people are no longer willing to accept the hoof ball up to pope.

personally, i would give adams a bit longer, at least until xmas. i think he's earnt that - 6 games is nothing. but at the moment, it doesn't look good.

REP you are backing a loser. He might have had a good past record but every manager now knows how to deal with Micky's teams. As they say you can teach an an old dog new tricks. Even the great Rudgie reached his sell by date.

On the contrary the stats show I'm backing a winner! ;)

Hopefully for the benefit of the club lots of humble pie at the end of this season again.

On the contrary the stats show I'm backing a winner! ;)

Hopefully for the benefit of the club lots of humble pie at the end of this season again.

Nobody wants him to fail REP,but I fear his best days are behind him.Vale's promotion was one in 10 years.Very welcome and well done.

Archived