onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Another week passes.

PortVale4Life

Of course it may have nothing to do with Vale but something to do with what they are being offered contract wise.

Well we will offer less wages than Preston and Portsmouth. What we can offer is regular league 1 football, unfortunately for some it's more about wages and agents cuts than testing themselves at the highest level on a regular basis.

Westcarr would prefer to play at a low level, Hugill would prefer to have less chance of a start and Huntingdon would prefer to sit on the bench. JMW will also not play the games he did in a vale shirt now he's got competition....although he did always have an over-inflated opinion of himself.

This all says more about the attitude of the players than anything else.

Advert

Well we will offer less wages than Preston and Portsmouth. What we can offer is regular league 1 football, unfortunately for some it's more about wages and agents cuts than testing themselves at the highest level on a regular basis.

Westcarr would prefer to play at a low level, Hugill would prefer to have less chance of a start and Huntingdon would prefer to sit on the bench. JMW will also not play the games he did in a vale shirt now he's got competition....although he did always have an over-inflated opinion of himself.

This all says more about the attitude of the players than anything else.

It does say something about the players, they want the best package they can get while they can get it, wouldnt you?

It suggests its not just a game to them its how they make a living, its what they do to pay the mortgage and the shopping bill.

Regular football as opposed to larger salary?

If we offer less we wont get them but we shouldnt worry about it, it business , money counts, we get who we can afford and do the best we can.

We dont know what players have been offered by vale to keep or attract them so we cant compare it with what others have offered them or even say if it was a reasonable offer... huggy may have been offered a one year deal at vale but two years elsewhere, because he was offered a deal at Vale doesnt mean it was a good deal... and because he didnt accept it doesnt mean it was a bad one... but it does suggest someone made him a better offer.

The 'best package' could also be the one that stalls their career and limits their options in the future. It's up to the player at the end of the day but a Vale player would be offered a healthy wage by anyone's standard and the chance to play more games - if it's not enough £££'s then they can do one.

I have a feeling we may not hear of Hugill again unless Grayson is willing to stick an inexperienced lad in when you'd think they have to get promotion this year.

The 'best package' could also be the one that stalls their career and limits their options in the future. It's up to the player at the end of the day but a Vale player would be offered a healthy wage by anyone's standard and the chance to play more games - if it's not enough £££'s then they can do one.

I have a feeling we may not hear of Hugill again unless Grayson is willing to stick an inexperienced lad in when you'd think they have to get promotion this year.

You could well be right but its their choice to make, they have to live with the consequences... I wish I knew what a healthy wage was and I would hope players are offered decent options when considering signing on.

Doesnt anyone think it a coincidence that 7 of the 13 players gone or going, did so when Micky signed his contract as did 3 support staff. Those that read between the lines and without rose tinted specs think that the dressing room was not as harmoneous as we think

Back room staff. No - I wont join the Premiership Clubs and earn more money and progress my career, as I want to stay at Vale Park. Don't think so. Just a coincidence. Others have been turned by their agents for more money. Again would you stay at a place offering less money. Again Don't think so.

Football is full of players who have had successful careers in the game after trials.

Surely taking a look at them is better than as some others suggest using agents for 'lazy signings' whatever they are.

If we sign mostly trialists then that would be the extremely last sings, as surely a list of players should have been scouted by the back room staff and especially the manager?

I was worried we weren't signing anyone till I read this site.....

seems few teams have made signings other than Gills and PNE

http://bovrilandoligarchs.com/

End of July is the time to worry, how many players have we targeted? Or do we mainly rely on sales pitches by agents. I would expect MA to keep his targets under wraps, but squad player via agents a trial.

Since signing Little they now have 6 strikers for next season, Hugill is going to have to go some to break through.

Have we missed another decent defensive signing?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27964147

I thought he was decent when we had him on loan (albeit almost 10 years ago now), and he's had his career higher than us ever since then. However, he only played 4 times last season (on loan to Bristol City), so no idea what he's like these days.

Whatever, right-back is a position that we desperately need to strengthen and I expect/hope to see a new signing there in the coming season.

Archived